RNC Day #3: Viscious tone and fear mongering
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Soon to be banned

RNC Day #3: Smear and Fear Fest - A Very Viscious Tone

Considering how viscious the tone was tonight, the Dems just won the undecided and independent...

Still not one serious discussion about the real issues: Economy or jobs, healthcare, deficit reduction, education, environment(ha), reduced dependence on Oil???

Just a smear and fear fest!
    Last edited by spyderman; 09-01-2004 at 09:14 PM.

Soon to be banned

Or should I say "snear fest?"

Meet Dick "Lucifer" Cheney...
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004

Roflmao

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

The amount of hypocrisy and/or ignorance shown by the above poster is just absolutely mind-boggling. After watching the Democratic Convention with it's incessant drum beat of HATE BUSH and whiney, spiteful tone it's truly inconcievable that you could find anything upsetting about the Cheney speech last night.

As a moderate and undecided voter I can honestly say that the hatemongering of the Democratic party at large and the Kerry camp in particular has totally turned me off.

I expect politicians to sling mud at each other and cast each other in an unflattering light. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I can live with it. But the utter hypocrisy that is being shown by the so called 'liberals' these days is just stomach turning!!!!!! BTW, there is no such thing as a true liberal in Democratic party these days, all we have are knee-jerk contrarians. Very, very sad...

Jun 1999

whiners

As I was listening to Miller and then Cheney, I was thinking about all the whining I'd read on this site today. Shore 'nuff. ("spitballs...")

The more they whine, the more we know it hurts. The problem for them is that it hurts because Kerry is now having to live with his record. It ain't pretty. It's bad for America. You reap what you sow.

I realize most Democrats/Liberals will not even begin to understand how so many Americans view Kerry and his record; that's ok. If they understood, they wouldn't be who they are.

gazing from the shadows

And I am sure many americans don't understand...

.... how people feel about Bush and his record. Or the things going on at the convention.

The most striking image of the night:

A mass of white people, arms extended palm forward to the speaker, chanting in unison, arms rising in unison. Cheer their guys, demonize the "enemy".

I am just saying, that without the sound of "four more years", I have seen that image before.

NOTE, I am only commenting on one POSSIBLE interpretation of the text, not saying my comment is the authoritative interpretation of the text, nor even that I agree with that interpretation.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

OES
    banned
    Jan 2002

You crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by HampstenGuy
    BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

The amount of hypocrisy and/or ignorance shown by the above poster is just absolutely mind-boggling. After watching the Democratic Convention with it's incessant drum beat of HATE BUSH and whiney, spiteful tone it's truly inconcievable that you could find anything upsetting about the Cheney speech last night.

As a moderate and undecided voter I can honestly say that the hatemongering of the Democratic party at large and the Kerry camp in particular has totally turned me off.

I expect politicians to sling mud at each other and cast each other in an unflattering light. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I can live with it. But the utter hypocrisy that is being shown by the so called 'liberals' these days is just stomach turning!!!!!! BTW, there is no such thing as a true liberal in Democratic party these days, all we have are knee-jerk contrarians. Very, very sad...
    'A moderate and undecided voter.' LMFAO! Try again, dude! If you're going to try to play that game (we've had some people here do it, to greater or lesser success) you need to tone the rest of it down some. You sound like bill105 in a glue frenzy. 'Moderate and undecided!' HAW HAW HAW!

OES
    banned
    Jan 2002

Gee, Doug.

Quote Originally Posted by DougSloan
    I realize most Democrats/Liberals will not even begin to understand how so many Americans view Kerry and his record; that's ok. If they understood, they wouldn't be who they are.
    All this time I thought I knew a little something about America. Thanks for setting me straight. I hope to grow in understanding, though. That's why I'm here.

Jun 1999

I understand

Quote Originally Posted by dr hoo
    .... how people feel about Bush and his record. Or the things going on at the convention.

The most striking image of the night:

A mass of white people, arms extended palm forward to the speaker, chanting in unison, arms rising in unison. Cheer their guys, demonize the "enemy".

I am just saying, that without the sound of "four more years", I have seen that image before.

NOTE, I am only commenting on one POSSIBLE interpretation of the text, not saying my comment is the authoritative interpretation of the text, nor even that I agree with that interpretation.
    I realize how many people feel about Bush. It's made abundantly clear in the press and here. They think he's a stupid, evil, fascist, right-wing, corporate sheep. Nothing Bush could ever do or say will make them happy. They look at Bush and Cheney and see Hitler. The assume all Republicans are wearing "brown shirts" ( http://news.bostonherald.com/nationa...rticleid=33260 ) .

I heard the exact same things about Reagan. Exactly the same.

I fully understand that people will disagree. No one can be all things to all people. It's ok to take a position and others disagree, not like you, or even hate you. You must be true to yourself and your beliefs, though. You must have the courage to follow your convictions regardless of repercussions to yourself. You don't lead by sticking your finger in the wind and following the whims of the day.

When you think you want to link Republicans to fascists, just remember that Republicans are just as much in favor of freedom here and for the entire planet as anyone. Liberating people is not exactly what fascists do. We want nothing more than for everyone (except terrorists) to live in free democracies.

OES
    banned
    Jan 2002

You said 'WE' !

IRepublicans are just as much in favor of freedom here and for the entire planet as anyone. Liberating people is not exactly what fascists do. We want nothing more than for everyone (except terrorists) to live in free democracies.
    You've finally left the libertarians and proclaimed yourself proudly to be a Republican! Wow! You and Zell coming out in the same week!

Opus was just napping

I realize that there may be a conservative or two that understand concepts such as the peace dividend and the draw down of the American Military since 1986. I am sure that people who are interested in the context would clearly see the direct correlation between the "spitballs" that Kerry voted for and against and what the secretary of Defense (Cheney) was asking for during Bush 41.

But for those who have decided to lob bricks rather than debate than clearly Kerry is a peacenik fairy that would sell our collective souls to the arch enemy Chirac. After all it wasn't Cheney who closed all of those military bases or cut hundreds of millions in requests for military or chided the congress that they wouldn't let him cut more and that they were giving him things he had enough of already. Or was it?

Could we maybe agree that the Peace Dividend as all of America saw it made people on both sides of the aisle feel that the age of massive military expenditures was a thing of the past? Or should we continue to spew partisan "spitball" that it was just the Dems that hate American strength?
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Jun 1999

exception

Quote Originally Posted by OldEdScott
    All this time I thought I knew a little something about America. Thanks for setting me straight. I hope to grow in understanding, though. That's why I'm here.
    You are definitely not "most Americans." (I'll readily concede you understand more than anyone here.)

Jun 1999

philosophy vs party

You've finally left the libertarians and proclaimed yourself proudly to be a Republican! Wow! You and Zell coming out in the same week!
    I have a libertarian philosophy, but Republican party. It's useless to be a Libertarian by party. I'd like to be a little pragmatic.

Jun 1999

bottom line

Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush
    I realize that there may be a conservative or two that understand concepts such as the peace dividend and the draw down of the American Military since 1986. I am sure that people who are interested in the context would clearly see the direct correlation between the "spitballs" that Kerry voted for and against and what the secretary of Defense (Cheney) was asking for during Bush 41.

But for those who have decided to lob bricks rather than debate than clearly Kerry is a peacenik fairy that would sell our collective souls to the arch enemy Chirac. After all it wasn't Cheney who closed all of those military bases or cut hundreds of millions in requests for military or chided the congress that they wouldn't let him cut more and that they were giving him things he had enough of already. Or was it?

Could we maybe agree that the Peace Dividend as all of America saw it made people on both sides of the aisle feel that the age of massive military expenditures was a thing of the past? Or should we continue to spew partisan "spitball" that it was just the Dems that hate American strength?
    Isn't the bottom line, undisputedly, that Bush would be a stronger commander in chief than Kerry? I think even Kerry would admit that, but argue that Bush is *too* strong (and not sensitive enough).

Didn't Saddam and Osama (and others) eat up the "peace dividend"?

In my lifetime, it has always been the Democratic platform to spend less on defense. If that's their goal, then stick to their guns and argue that it is good. Problem is that they want it both ways -- appease their anti-defense supporters and attract strong-on-defense voters. The result is lack of credibility or clear message.

Feb 2004
    I have a libertarian philosophy, but Republican party. It's useless to be a Libertarian by party. I'd like to be a little pragmatic.
    and I have a Libertarian philosophy but am a registered Democrat. I just think the Dems will screw up the country less than the Repubs will. Both parties have valid reasons for what they do and think their way is correct.
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Opus was just napping

Didn't Saddam and Osama (and others) eat up the "peace dividend"?

I would dispute your suggestion of Bush being a better commander in chief vigorously.
    Here is just one small point. With as much as 85% of our ground forces now fighting in Iraq or cycling in and out of the country in what we now know was not the threat we believed it was (don't care whose fault it was) how could Bush convince any majority of the population that another country say IRAN posed a grave threat to the U.S.

In short hasn't he shot his wad on foreign policy. Isn't the American electorate going to require of him almost unsurmountable (flaming Mushroom cloud) for him to garner the support for another possible battle?

Both were created by the Cold War. Iraq first armed by the Soviets, while Osama got his militancy in great part by killing and bleeding the Soviet Military using American bought Chinese stamped machine guns in Afghanistan.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

OES
    banned
    Jan 2002

I know, but you've never used 'we' in reference to

yourself/the GOP before. I do believe this campaign has had a polarizing influence on you. Or did Zell's shining example just tip you over the edge? :-)

AIE
    midnight melon mounter

re:

I hesitate to answer this since the conclusion is, in your mind, undisputable.

However, I don't understand why you think a nation's commitment to standing military strength should not waver in "your lifetime" (you're about 40, right?). Do you see a difference between the military necessities of the Cold War, the 1990's and 2004? Should we have spent an equal % of GDP on defense in 1960, 1980 and today?

I would rather have a smart Commander in Chief than a strong one. And before you show me GWB's SAT scores, let me just state in specific terms that I'm referring to his confused invasion of Iraq, and his recent reorganization of U.S. military presence abroad.

Alex

Quiet, daddy's drinking

The most interesting thing is the different interpretations.

Some people watched last night and saw points made and leadership demonstrated. Others like myself, saw paranoia, fear and hate. To paraphrase Dick Cheney; first there were Nazi's under your bed, then there were commies under your bed, now there are terrorists under your bed, be afraid, be very afraid.
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

No collusion with the delusion

“Nationalism always breaks its promises because nationalists hate enemies in their countries more than they hate the enemies of their countries" The Guardian.

Banned forever.....or not

Wink In other news today

That Vice President, taking a pause from clubbing baby seals, said that he was just kidding when he said that Democratic candidate John Kerry was a Trator and known Viet Cong operative. He also said that he agreed with Zell Miller and Alan Keyes that it was alright to eat babies, as long as they were Democratic babies.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

Jun 1999

Zell

yourself/the GOP before. I do believe this campaign has had a polarizing influence on you. Or did Zell's shining example just tip you over the edge? :-)

Heck, after hearing Zell, I'm ready to be a Democrat!

A hard fought election will contribute to polarization, almost by necessity. It's "us vs. them," not in a bad way, more like a football game. As I've mentioned before, right or wrong, sometimes I appear to be a little extreme to balance the greater numbers of liberal hyenas nipping at my flesh constantly.

As with you, I take most of this stuff far less seriously than it might appear. I'm having fun, not a crusade.

AIE
    midnight melon mounter

You're carrying too much of the weight

We should try to recruit more reasonable Republicans to join in this scrum. We've got some high caliber ammo over here with Professors Ed, Red and Hoo. All you've got these days is Moneyman, and his capital letters are far too irritaing to respond to in good humor.

Quiet, daddy's drinking

Zell said only Democratic babies and only with barbecue sauce.

And Zell will do the cooking with the fire shooting from his eyes!
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

“Nationalism always breaks its promises because nationalists hate enemies in their countries more than they hate the enemies of their countries" The Guardian.

off the back
    . We want nothing more than for everyone (except terrorists) to live in free democracies.
    so that's why this administration supports brutal dictators in places like uzbekistan and elsewhere. i never knew.

doug, i think you're hyperventilating just a bit here. the bush administration's talk about freedom and spreading democracy is just that-talk. take a look at what they've actually done to accomplish this. you'll see that they're sadly lacking.

afghanistan is a country broken up into many fiefdoms controlled by the warlords, and iraq is heading in the same direction. they talk a good fight about spreading democracy, but are unwilling to do the hard, mundane work that such a task requires.

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtleherder
    And Zell will do the cooking with the fire shooting from his eyes!

You are no Southerner sir, if you were in NC someone would challenge you to a duel!!!

Any self-respecting Southerner would never put "BARBECUE SAUCE" on good Democrat baby barbecue.
    Why they would want that only if it was vinegar based sauce.
    Barbecue Sauce is what Northerners call Ketsup.

You don't shoot fire from your eyes you slow roast the little darlins until the meat just falls off the tender little bones.

Oh yea, and many many hush puppies with sweet cream butter!!!

Quiet, daddy's drinking

I apologise, they should only be slow cooked by indirect heat.

As for the sauce you never asked which I prefer. I don't cotton to that Kansas City suger goo. Give me a good vinegar and/or mustard base anyday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast