Sarah Palin = Eliza Doolittle?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Go Blue

Sarah Palin = Eliza Doolittle?

I was the undecided third party to a lunch debate yesterday. The subject of the debate was whether Sarah Palin is just plain old dumb or whether she merely is unschooled, but has the potential to be made into something greater than she currently is. In other words, will she be the same Sarah Palin in 2012 or can some Republican Henry Higgins turn Sarah Palin into a political Eliza Doolittle?
    I try to be perfectly civil, until someone really pisses me off.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    She is 44 already. She is pridefully ignorant. She will be dumber in four years as the world passes her by.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS
    I was the undecided third party to a lunch debate yesterday. The subject of the debate was whether Sarah Palin is just plain old dumb or whether she merely is unschooled, but has the potential to be made into something greater than she currently is. In other words, will she be the same Sarah Palin in 2012 or can some Republican Henry Higgins turn Sarah Palin into a political Eliza Doolittle?

RoadBikeReview Member
    I don't understand this fascination with Sarah Palin. She was here, she's gone now and not likely to return to the national scene in any prominant role. You guys elected the team you want, why don't you focus on them and dig as deeply into their actions and motives as your patriotic ferver led you to do with the previous admin.?

Anti-Hero
    Pigs are flying, and I hear a soprano singing w/the garage band across the street

I agree with Snakebit on this one.
    No turkey unless it's a club sandwich
    Brickhouse Blog

Back from the dead
    Isn't she loverly? I don't know. Maybe one of our Alaskan posters can tell us how she ran her campaign for Governor. Did she wink and "you betcha" her way to success up there? She had a huge approval rating before she was picked for VP, so she must be doing something right.

I just don't see her doing anything in 2012. She doesn't have widespread support in the GOP, and she certainly has big negatives with voters. I still think her best bet for the future is to run for Ted Steven's seat. Go to Washington, be a Senator, build up a different reputation than the moose-shooting Governor of the last frontier.

off the back
    More like chiseling freeloader, using her position and connections to milk taxpayers of as much as she possibly can.
    "Damn. Y'all murdered the sh*t out that mutherf***er"

Windrider (Stubborn)
    I'd say she's smart enough.......but she's arrogent as well as ignorent when it comes to her own knowledge base.

But I think she is incredibly ambitious and will do whatever it takes to get more power. I expect the "new & improved" Palin in 2 years.

I don't see her appeal spreading much beyond the wacko right though.

Len

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit
    I don't understand this fascination with Sarah Palin. She was here, she's gone now and not likely to return to the national scene in any prominant role. You guys elected the team you want, why don't you focus on them and dig as deeply into their actions and motives as your patriotic ferver led you to do with the previous admin.?

I think the boys pick on her here because they secretly have a crush on her !
    You're not as smart as you think I am. Now just think about that for a minute.

Pals around w/ humorists
    I don't understand this fascination with Sarah Palin.
    It's like when you see someone hit in the face with a coconut cream pie.

Some things are funny and just plain stay funny no matter how many times you see it.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
    Groucho Marx

jaded bitter joy crusher
    "Godzilla from Wasilla dressed mainly in Chinchilla." By George, I think she's got it!
    Fredke commented in your thread. You won't believe what happens next!

Go Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredke
    "Godzilla from Wasilla dressed mainly in Chinchilla." By George, I think she's got it!
    Now we're getting into the spirit of things.

I don't have an obsession with the Alaskan-Cockney flower girl. But, as a Democrat, I like to know who the potential opposition may be down the road. Palin excited a lot of people during the campaign. But, she failed, I believe, because even people who may have been attracted to her realized that she was not ready to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency. A new and improved Sarah Palin could be a formidible opponent.
    I try to be perfectly civil, until someone really pisses me off.

Pals around w/ humorists
    I don't understand this fascination with Sarah Palin. She was here, she's gone now and not likely to return to the national scene in any prominant role.
    BTW, Snake. She may not be disappearing all that quickly. Looks like your fellow Republicans still like her a lot (I'm assuming the McCain aides weren't part of the poll).

From Rasmussen.

Ninety-one percent (91%) of Republicans have a favorable view of Palin, including 65% who say their view is Very Favorable. Only eight percent (8%) have an unfavorable view of her, including three percent (3%) Very Unfavorable.

When asked to choose among some of the GOP's top names for their choice for the party's 2012 presidential nominee, 64% say Palin. The next closest contenders are two former governors and unsuccessful challengers for the presidential nomination this year -- Mike Huckabee of Arkansas with 12% support and Mitt Romney of Massachusetts with 11%.

Three other sitting governors - Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, Charlie Crist of Florida and Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota - all pull low single-digit support.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
    Groucho Marx

Self-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by filtersweep
    She is 44 already. She is pridefully ignorant. She will be dumber in four years as the world passes her by.

Precisely... stick a fork in that pig... or is it a pit bull?

Self-Banned

More like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.

jaded bitter joy crusher
    A new and improved Sarah Palin could be a formidible opponent.
    She has remarkable talent for working a crowd, but I sincerely believe that she's not going to be able to recover from the GOP's post-mortem sharkfest and the scrutiny that her remaining tenure as governor will face.

My wife, on the other hand, thinks that with some tutoring, as you suggest in your OP, she will be back in 2012 stronger and more dangerous.

My reply to that is that I think the Republicans primaries would draw too much blood for her to defeat Obama even if she got the nomination.
    Fredke commented in your thread. You won't believe what happens next!

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Quote Originally Posted by filtersweep
    She is pridefully ignorant.
    That's the key. She has no interest in knowledge, only in knowing the very least amount she has to know to make it through a debate.

In other words, we'll never know. But if she wants to vilify intellectualism, then intellectuals reserve the right to call her stupid.

Snake: 64% of the GOP have her as their top pick for 2012. She ain't going nowhere. Not yet.
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRoebuck
    Snake: 64% of the GOP have her as their top pick for 2012. She ain't going nowhere. Not yet.

Coincidentally, 64% of the GOP is roughly what 20-30% of the US population? What were Bush Jrs approval ratings-again?
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

Folsom City Blues...
    Quote Originally Posted by rocco
    Precisely... stick a fork in that pig... or is it a pit bull?
    Either or with lipstick...

Peace
    Tao Te Ching

The movement of the Tao is to return

The way of Tao is to yield

Heaven, Earth and all things are born of the existant world.

The existent world is born of nothingness of the Tao

Master Lao Tzu

Cheese is my copilot
    I bet a dollar she's already raising money for a run at 2012.
    Life is better in the big ring.

http://theclemencyblog.blogspot.com/

In other words, will she be the same Sarah Palin in 2012 or can some Republican Henry Higgins turn Sarah Palin into a political Eliza Doolittle?
    Not possible--she's brain dead.

2 busy workin' 2 hang out
    Quote Originally Posted by bricoleur

Not possible--she's brain dead.

Is Marrow (or whatever her name is) really that obnoxious on her show? That clip annoyed the hell out of me and I agreed with most of it.
    Dictated but not read.

Call me a Fred
    Sarah better start paying attention to Alaska. The drop in the price of oil affects the Alaska budget greatly. The large budget surplus may disappear in the next year.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Porter
    Is Marrow (or whatever her name is) really that obnoxious on her show? That clip annoyed the hell out of me and I agreed with most of it.
    she can definitely be annoying, however, on balance, I like her more than not. she's being a bit of a snob in the clip above. I think she's a bit offended by Palin, she (Maddow) is a bit of an egghead (Stanford, Rhodes Scholar at Oxford, PhD.,)

whatever, I thought the clip was funny. looking forward to more "unscripted" Palin (she's going to be on Fox Greta Van Sustern show, monday, for her first post-election interview).

Palin

Number10
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Porter
    Henry, what we have here is 2 women. One (reporter) is intelligent and the other (Palin) is a dumbass.

Thus nature balances itself.
    "Football is not a matter of life and death...it's more important than that"

"There's only two teams in Liverpool: Liverpool and Liverpool reserves"

- Bill Shankly, Liverpool manager 1959 - 1974

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast