Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Since when did you start thinking?
    Ouch!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    That is absolutely not true. Even if the state is pretty much a given for one party or the other, the people still have to show up and vote.

If all of the California Dems decided that their votes were a waste of time because they knew the state would go for the Dems anyway, and didn't get out and vote, the Reps could have a chance at the state if they had a strong turnout.
    keep dreaming. The winner of most states was known well in advance.

lets change the vote mattering to from nothing to next to nothing. It is a dog and pony show for president unless you are in a swing state. Just look at the campaign spending in non swing states. In a lot of them it is near 0 if not zero.

But come on thinking that you have any say in something other than a swing state.

No president gives a rates ass about doing things for a non swing state. You have to look at nothing more than where some federal money goes. Swing states seem to get a lot more per their population than non swings states... I wonder why???

GOP and swing states are the ones who lose out big time in a national popular vote for president.

For president one vote should be worth one vote.
    California vote is worth next to nothing but a swing state vote is worth a lot.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb100 View Post
    You should take it up with the founders.

It's a lot like baseball, only runs count. No one cares how many hits you got.

If you don't like the rules, there is a mechanism in place to change them.

Now saying you don't like the rules and so we should ignore them won't get you much agreement where it counts.
    It literally amazes me how some posters can post diametrically opposed things and act like they know everything on both sides of an argument...

N one is complaining about the popular vote, Hillary won it by 3 million votes. A fact you Trump supporters want to trivialize.

Yes, Trump won because of a constitutional anachronism designed to protect slavery. Its been modified by 28 states to require electors to vote for the winner of the popular vote, defeating the original purpose.

So you don't think California and NY votes should count as much as other states? Why not?

Her campaign was run on issues and the fact Trump is unfit to be President. His entire campaign shows who he is. The fact he was able to con a handful of rubes in the Midwest to go along with his coalition of 1%ers, and deplorable and hypocritical evangelists who voted for a serial adulterer and admitted ***** grabber.

By contrast, Hillary has been the victim of a continual barrage of lies and innuendo designed to influence low information voters.
    My point being that like the 2nd post from 2016, Trump is a doosh & the electoral college is an anachronism.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    It literally amazes me how some posters can post diametrically opposed things and act like they know everything on both sides of an argument...

My point being that like the 2nd post from 2016, Trump is a doosh & the electoral college is an anachronism.
    Lots of people can see both sides of an issue. After all, it's robots that are programmed. Really, everyone should attempt to see both sides. Right up until a decision is required. Yet, many people can't.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Lots of people can see both sides of an issue. After all, it's robots that are programmed. Really, everyone should attempt to see both sides. Right up until a decision is required. Yet, many people can't.
    Seeing both sides of an issue doesn't typically mean arguing from each side that the other side is stupid to think the way they do. What you do is argue that day is night and anyone who feels differently is a moron. Then a year later you argue that night is day and anyone who disagrees is equally stupid.

Day is night...
    No one is complaining about the popular vote, Hillary won it by 3 million votes. A fact you Trump supporters want to trivialize. Yes, Trump won because of a constitutional anachronism designed to protect slavery. Its been modified by 28 states to require electors to vote for the winner of the popular vote, defeating the original purpose.
    Night is day...
    "Winning by 3 million votes" isn't how the game is scored. The only score that counts is the Electoral College. If the Rays get 20 hits and the Red Sox get only 5 but they are all two run homers, do the Rays win if they only score 3 runs. No, because that's not the winner is determined. Talking about Hillary winning the popular vote is like talking about how many hits the Rays got. Who cares?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Seeing both sides of an issue doesn't typically mean arguing from each side that the other side is stupid to think the way they do. What you do is argue that day is night and anyone who feels differently is a moron. Then a year later you argue that night is day and anyone who disagrees is equally stupid.

Day is night...

Night is day...
    ouch. burn

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    Isn't a large portion of Canada New France?
    If the US ever Balkanizes, I wouldn't be surprised if the Flyover Republic invites Manitoba, Alberta, and Saskatchewan tiring of Ottawa's heavy hand-together they'd be a natural resource juggernaut for the next few centuries.

RoadBikeReview Member

Day is night...

Night is day...
    Law is the law. And both sides can be stupid. Really, there are more than two sides. Read the history. You might learn something.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    ouch. burn
    More is less. Of course, introspection is valuable. Everything goes around and comes around.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Law is the law. And both sides can be stupid. Really, there are more than two sides. Read the history. You might learn something.
    I have read a lot of history. Where do you think I find those quotes? Ha ha ha. I've learned tons.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have read a lot of history. Where do you think I find those quotes? Ha ha ha. I've learned tons.
    Less can be more. And, you can learn things but not understand. Really, it works that way. Read diversity. Yes, it can help.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    They make more sense in Moldovan

RoadBikeReview Member
    Maybe. Or... Even less.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You putting down the honorable citizens of Moldavia? Hypocrite!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    You putting down the honorable citizens of Moldavia? Hypocrite!
    Is Moldavia near Nambia? Ignorant!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Is Moldavia near Nambia? Ignorant!
    Thread drift, but Moldovia or Moldova is now part of Romania. Namibia, you mispelled it, broke away from South Africa in a revolution in the 90s. So who's ignurant, huh?
    Last edited by Fredrico; 08-03-2018 at 03:19 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Post Deleted

Making life easier, one mod at a time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Moldovia or Moldova is now part of Romania.
    Why do you post nonsense? Is it an effort to get attention or do you really believe the stuff you write?

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    It should.

Will it? Likely not.

The fact of the matter is, every time (except once, in 2012) that I've emailed, called, or contacted my US representative in any way, shape, or form, he's disagreed on the issue I called about. I like the guy, I've met him in person, gotten drinks with him, there's even a picture of me at his desk at the US Capitol. But, he's got a completely different viewpoint on politics than I do...and we're in the same (wildly gerrymandered, but that's up for change in November) district that brought us people like Erik Prince and his little sister, Betsy DeVos (their manor is along one of my favorite bike routes in the area). Straight up, I don't have enough money to make my ideas heard. Yes, my precinct went blue in 2016...but that's like a 4 or 5 block radius, out of the entire western 1/3 of Michigan.

I don't want to vote Democrat in the midterms, but my current Republican representative stands in direct contention with every issue I've brought up with him...and being in such a heavily conservative, right-wing, Republican area, my vote won't count.

edit:
    Apologies for threadjacking. I'll be honest, I didn't even read the original post. I've just been pissed off about this for a few days and wanted a place to rant. Carry on if I'm wildly off topic.
    Poast count +1
    Last edited by old_fuji; 08-03-2018 at 06:48 PM.
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Why do you post nonsense? Is it an effort to get attention or do you really believe the stuff you write?
    You insulted DaveWC and the Moldovans, and I catch the wordplay there with "mold," saying his thoughts would only make sense to the simple peasants of Moldova, but to nobody else, therefore dismissing them as making "no sense."

I drew your attention to your ethnic slur on Moldovans. Its like back in the good old days white guys would joke about "dumb ni##ers." Lay down an insult ["your post makes no sense"], expect a response. Sorry to oblige.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You insulted DaveWC and the Moldovans, and I catch the wordplay there with "mold," saying his thoughts would only make sense to the simple peasants of Moldova, but to nobody else, therefore dismissing them as making "no sense."

I drew your attention to your ethnic slur on Moldovans. Its like back in the good old days white guys would joke about "dumb ni##ers." Lay down an insult ["your post makes no sense"], expect a response. Sorry to oblige.
    Are you saying you detect a note of hypocrisy?

Say it isn't so!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010

On what planet does this post make sense?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234