Texas blocks direct Tesla sales; Texas pol thinks company is run by ‘Mr. Tesla’
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007

Texas blocks direct Tesla sales; Texas pol thinks company is run by ‘Mr. Tesla’

Despite Tesla’s best efforts, the Texas legislature this week opted not to pass a bill which would have allowed the electric automaker to sell cars directly to consumers. Instead, if Tesla wants to sell its highly revered vehciles in the lone star state, it looks like it’s going to have to do it through local franchise dealers, something the company has no intention of doing.
    Tesla Sales Texas: Direct sales of Tesla Model S not coming to Texas | BGR

No matter what ones think of Tesla. The dealer ship francising BS laws in this country are a problem and are part of the issue with the auto companies collapse. They have 50 different state crazy laws banning the sells of cars accept threw a dealership plus a lot of ways to protect the dealership.

This is yet another shinning example of where things are wrong. Our car prices are higher partly because of the dealership networks. Car manufactures are not allowed to sell directly. It is just crazy that they are blocked time and time again.

The losers in this case are the citizens of Texas. This is getting out of hand.

Not Banned
    isn't Texas about more freedom and less govt intervention?
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    isn't Texas about more freedom and less govt intervention?
    Freedom includes the use of government's power to further your personal gains.

Texans have a higher testosterone count in their blood than people from other states; sometimes it hurts them, sometimes it aids them.

feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Quote Originally Posted by myhui View Post
    Texans have a higher testosterone count in their blood than people from other states; sometimes it hurts them, sometimes it aids them.
    Eh, that's just the women.
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind

banned
    Aug 2012
    This, too, is freedom, but over in China:

banned
    Nov 2013
    what a state or retards....glad i left it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mr. Tesla? ha!

Ricardo Cabeza
    Most states do the same thing with alcohol sales. Nothing like a government enforced cartel. Hooray for big government!!!
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    so if Canyon ever comes to the US.. Texas is out.. that sucks.... (just making it bike related)

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Most states do the same thing with alcohol sales. Nothing like a government enforced cartel. Hooray for big government!!!

Gummint-enforced, but instigated and promulgated by Bidness. So hooray for Big Bidness, too.

Vertical trade restrictions are a really complicated topic, and auto dealers have successfully argued that the franchise system, under which they're protected from certain vagaries of the market, can be in-sum more beneficial to consumers that the damage caused by any restraint of trade it entails (e.g., here for an editorial featuring this line of reasoning: Ohio dealer franchise laws are in place to protect the public, and they work | cleveland.com).

Currently, vertical trade restrictions are judged on a case-by-case basis (vs., e.g., horizontal ones, still considered per se illegal), which means that attorneys will almost certainly be happy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    Oh darn. I'm sure uber-rich people all over the state are crying in their organic smoothies. And by all over the state, I mean Austin.
    Tis the season for all of us not hard enough to play to belittle those not hard enough to win. We are a funny lot. - dave @ November Bicycles

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by skinewmexico View Post
    Oh darn. I'm sure uber-rich people all over the state are crying in their organic smoothies. And by all over the state, I mean Austin.

Hi, my name is the point, we must have missed eachother.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

banned
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    Hi, my name is the point, we must have missed eachother.

nice to meet you.....do you hang out on the top of peoples heads too? ;)

Dunce-cap-in-corner.jpg

Ricardo Cabeza
    opcorn:

:banhammershield:
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Nah. The implications go well beyond Teslas, since you could theoretically sell ANY car direct, not just those dadgummed electric hippie-mobiles, if state laws allowed.

But the dealers don't want to be cut out of the equation, and they've got political influence. So we all pay more for cars than perhaps we ought to.
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind

RoadBikeReview Member
    I see Teslas every day here in Houston. Dallas is the same.

banned
    Nov 2013
    texas....welcome to the "You Dont Get Billions In Tesla Battery Business"....good money move texas!!!....hey.....but you got yer car franchises! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokh Hard View Post
    nice to meet you.....do you hang out on the top of peoples heads too? ;)

Dunce-cap-in-corner.jpg
    I'll be darned, twice in less than an hour...

Again, I tried to report his post but can't. If anyone else wants to try, feel free to copy and paste the following.

This is not the first of Rokh's posts where he implies, or states outright, that another poster is "stupid" or "an ass". I personally wouldn't care so much but in at least two cases (one involving me) he has gone out of his way either in a thread or via PM to let poster's who defended themselves know that they have been added to his ignore list.

Classic "dish it out but can't take it" behavior.

Aside from that, his frequent use of low-brow innuendo, obsessive "thumbs up", and insistence on quoting himself is annoying.