That's Entertainment...
    Self-Banned

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Classic, respond to actual criticism with ad hominem arguments
    Also the caller served in the military and Rush didn't say thank you for your service, I seem to remember him attacking Obama for the same thing

Master of flip comments
    I'm shocked that Rush would allow a negative call on his show. I haven't listened to that arsehole in years but from what I recall he never allowed ANY negative comments.

Rush is the scum of the earth.

Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
    Quote Originally Posted by gregario
    I'm shocked that Rush would allow a negative call on his show. I haven't listened to that arsehole in years but from what I recall he never allowed ANY negative comments.

Rush is the scum of the earth.
    Try open line Friday. He lets them through. Can be quite entertaining.
    Just fast enough to know I am slow.

waterproof*
    this thread is funny - read mbaha's post, then read gregario's right after. sweet.
    * not actually a Rock Star

Jan 2004

From my vast reservoir of radio experience...

I've been doing a call-in show for about a year, since I retired from the collapsing newspaper business. You can't argue with success, so I've forced myself to listen to Rush, and a little to O'Reilly, just to see what they're doing. A few conclusions:
    1. I'd rather be poor than do what they do. They're SO wrong SO often that it can't be ignorance. It has to be deliberate distortion. I see the same prep services and news reports they do, and their skewing of the facts is glaring.
    2. Rush's calls are carefully screened. There are solid reasons for that sometimes (I answer my own phones, and I'm forever getting sidetracked into irrelevant debates), but it's obvious he won't deal with opposition.
    I haven't listened on Fridays. Maybe he does allow dissent then.
    3. Bombast isn't debate, and turning down a caller's microphone isn't winning. I can outargue anybody if I have my producer turn off the phone when he starts talking.
    4. That these two a-holes and Glen Beck have a following is the most profoundly frightening development in modern communications. It's an indictment of our entire educational system that anybody takes them seriously.

Master of flip comments
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees
    this thread is funny - read mbaha's post, then read gregario's right after. sweet.
    I plead guilty your Honor. Doesn't change the facts though.

Master of flip comments
    "That these two a-holes and Glen Beck have a following is the most profoundly frightening development in modern communications. It's an indictment of our entire educational system that anybody takes them seriously."

Yeah, this frightens me as well. That these folks even have a following is very disturbing. Not everyone can be as enlightened and reasonable as us.