For those of you who may not know already....
    Sticky Valentine

For those of you who may not know already....

Mumia Abu-Jamal's final appeal will take place next month.

For a long time I was a fairly adamant Jamal supporter... I was even in a group that got tear gassed at a May Day rally for Mumia (with a bunch of Zapatista supporters) my first year or so as an undergrad (I was lucky enough to get out before much damage was done).

Now though, as more comes out, and as I've been following it over they years (I have to admit that I'm not as up on it as I used to be), I don't know if I would immediately proclaim his innocence, but with all of the irregularities, and all of the questions that have have risen up about his trial: his representation, the judge, evidence allowed, ballistics, etc. it seems fairly obvious that, even if he is guilty of the crime he was convicted of, he most likely was not given a fair trial.

There is also the man who came out and admitted to killing the police officer as a mob hit. As far as I know, this will not be allowed at his new appeal.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this whole thing? At the very least, he is guilty and could have saved a lot of time and effort on both sides had he been given a fair trial. And at worst, a grave injustice took place, and an innocent man has spent 25 years behind bars.

Here's a link that had the letter from his attorney... granted, the site is slanted, but so is every other site dealing with this.

http://www.croots.org/node/141

joe
    'They say gold paint on the palace gates comes from the teeth of pensioners
    They're so tired of shooting protest singers that they hardly mention us
    While fountains fill with second-hand perfume and sodden trading stamps
    They'll hang the bullies and the louts that dampen down the day" - EC

Sticky Valentine
    Fifty views and ont a single response, eh'? I actually this might cause a bit of controversy. Or, at the very least, give us something else to argue about.

joe
    'They say gold paint on the palace gates comes from the teeth of pensioners
    They're so tired of shooting protest singers that they hardly mention us
    While fountains fill with second-hand perfume and sodden trading stamps
    They'll hang the bullies and the louts that dampen down the day" - EC

Not Banned

well I'm like you

as I don't know exactly what is what. his first trial was kinda shoddy (understatement) but at the same time there are still things pointing to him. I'm hoping it alll becomes clearer at the trial.
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Jun 2004

Honestly...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddio
    Fifty views and ont a single response, eh'? I actually this might cause a bit of controversy. Or, at the very least, give us something else to argue about.

joe
    I don't know enough about it to make a rational comment, not that this has ever stopped me from other things, but I really don't have any background at all on this issue/person. I know the basic backstory, but that's all.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddio

joe
    You seem to feel strongly about it, we'll fight if you want to. I don't know that much about it, just what I read the last time this came up but I think he's guilty.