Time to play DEAD not DEAD. Martha Burke...not dead. But her act is! /rimshot
    Opus was just napping

Time to play DEAD not DEAD. Martha Burke...not dead. But her act is! /rimshot

I am sure golf fans are still hating the fact that Martha Burke ever stopped getting on Hootie's case....because if you were like me you loved not having to sit through any commercials during the Master's...and we owed it all to Martha. Well she is back and this time it is personal...or...something anyway. Taking on a sport that has been dead for over a year and ranks behind badminton in television ratings and some guy saying "all in."

Yes you guessed it...hockey. Now as a lifelong wings fan (hockeytown...anyone..anyone). I am glad they are back playing but do you think anyone mentioned to Martha that almost no one cares about hockey? Because perhaps she could shift her focus a tad to something that gets higher rating than a re-run of the Gilmour Girls in its middle of the night re-air.

Oh here is the story from ESPN...

NEW YORK -- Despite objections from Martha Burk, NBC said it was going ahead with plans to air an NHL commercial showing a bare-chested player being dressed by a scantily clad woman.
    Burk, chairwoman of the National Council of Women's Organizations, said the ad was offensive. Burk led an unsuccessful effort to allow female members at Augusta National three years ago and is stepping down as chair of NCWO on Nov. 1.
    NBC said it had no problem with the spot, which first appeared last week on the NHL's Web site, and planned to air it on its NHL preview show Saturday.
    "We've viewed the spot and find nothing objectionable," NBC Sports spokeswoman Alana Russo said Tuesday.
    The ad is among a five-part "Inside the Warrior" series produced for the league. NHL spokeswoman Bernadette Mansur said the ads will also run on Comedy Central, MTV and VH1.
    Burk said the NCWO plans to write letters of protest to NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and Dick Ebersol, chairman of NBC Universal Sports & Olympics.
    "One person's objectionable is another person's bottom line," Burk said. "I think it's shortsighted of them, but it's not unexpected."
    Opening night for the NHL is Oct. 5, when all 30 teams will be in action following the season-long lockout.

CLINTON...oops.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

yellow is mellow
    Nov 2001

It's gonna be huge.

I'm still waiting for Vince McMahon and the WWE to take over beach volleyball.

Daylight Fading

But how will those tag-team women's teams

use the net? I suppose that you could suplex someone into it, having them catapult back the other way. NOpe, the WWE has no future in Pro Beach Volleyball. Now drag racing, there's a future there...

BT

Oooops, Bush.
    "If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts." A. Duritz

yellow is mellow
    Nov 2001
    yeah but they gotta get those see-thru jumpsuits.

Jun 2004

Hockey!

Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush
    I am sure golf fans are still hating the fact that Martha Burke ever stopped getting on Hootie's case....because if you were like me you loved not having to sit through any commercials during the Master's...and we owed it all to Martha. Well she is back and this time it is personal...or...something anyway. Taking on a sport that has been dead for over a year and ranks behind badminton in television ratings and some guy saying "all in."

Yes you guessed it...hockey. Now as a lifelong wings fan (hockeytown...anyone..anyone). I am glad they are back playing but do you think anyone mentioned to Martha that almost no one cares about hockey? Because perhaps she could shift her focus a tad to something that gets higher rating than a re-run of the Gilmour Girls in its middle of the night re-air.

Oh here is the story from ESPN...

NEW YORK -- Despite objections from Martha Burk, NBC said it was going ahead with plans to air an NHL commercial showing a bare-chested player being dressed by a scantily clad woman.
    Burk, chairwoman of the National Council of Women's Organizations, said the ad was offensive. Burk led an unsuccessful effort to allow female members at Augusta National three years ago and is stepping down as chair of NCWO on Nov. 1.
    NBC said it had no problem with the spot, which first appeared last week on the NHL's Web site, and planned to air it on its NHL preview show Saturday.
    "We've viewed the spot and find nothing objectionable," NBC Sports spokeswoman Alana Russo said Tuesday.
    The ad is among a five-part "Inside the Warrior" series produced for the league. NHL spokeswoman Bernadette Mansur said the ads will also run on Comedy Central, MTV and VH1.
    Burk said the NCWO plans to write letters of protest to NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and Dick Ebersol, chairman of NBC Universal Sports & Olympics.
    "One person's objectionable is another person's bottom line," Burk said. "I think it's shortsighted of them, but it's not unexpected."
    Opening night for the NHL is Oct. 5, when all 30 teams will be in action following the season-long lockout.

CLINTON...oops.
    Hockey indeed. TMB if you want to catch Hurricane's games this year, give me a heads up. Nobody I know around here likes hockey. Silly people...