Trump* lies again...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 106
  1. #1
    What the what???
    Reputation: Opus51569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,420

    Trump* lies again...

    I know, I know... so what else is new, right?

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48491602

    "I never called Meghan Markle 'nasty'," he tweeted on Sunday, adding: "Made up by the Fake News Media, and they got caught cold!"

    Mr Trump made his remarks about the duchess in a Sun newspaper interview ahead of his state visit to the UK....

    Following Mr Trump's denial on Twitter the day after the interview was published, several commentators pointed out that the remarks were on tape.

    Sooo... once again, Trump* makes a statement... on tape... then denies he made the statement and cries "fake news".

    And before Cult45 starts with the asinine chorus of - but, but, but all politicians lie.

    Really?
    Publicly?
    About such stupid things?
    With such regularity?
    When there is proof on tape of the lie?

    Show me one politician, let alone someone you voted for president, who has a record of lying this often about so many things large and small.

    We're at a point where you have to consider:

    A. Trump* lies so stupidly because he doesn't care about what is true and what is not anymore... which calls into question whether anything he says can ever be believed...

    Or

    B. He is no longer able to think coherently and remember the statements he's made.

    Place your bets.
    Last edited by Opus51569; 06-02-2019 at 09:36 AM.
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Oxtox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,477
    Trump is a textbook example of a pathological liar...compare his actions to these...

    1. Does the person chronically lie about small things? People who are pathological liars tend to lie frequently, even about random and insignificant things like what they ate for dinner or which television show they watched last night. Random lying about inconsequential things is a hallmark of pathological liars.

    2. Does the person frequently tell elaborate fabrications that are easily disproved? Pathological liars are known for creating intricate, far-fetched stories that are often unbelievable. They seem to have little regard for credibility and make little effort to develop stories that others might find plausible.

    3. Does the person become hostile and defensive when challenged? Pathological liars get extremely angry when confronted with proof of their falsehoods. They often balk at even innocent questions about their fabrications. Many pathological liars believe their lies and find it more comfortable to lie than tell the truth.

    4. Does the person often contradict themselves, their past, their contacts, and their achievements? Pathological liars tell stories that are often inconsistent with previous lies. They are often not concerned about concealing their inconsistencies. When questioned or confronted, they revert to anger and hostility.

    5. Does the person show remorse for lying? Pathological liars often do not even believe that they are lying and have no remorse for their lies. If they are even aware of their lies, they do not show it. They are more concerned with the internal gratification they feel that the threat of being revealed as untrustworthy.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

  3. #3
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation: rideit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,076
    Relax kids, it’s just...








    Situational lying

  4. #4
    Rep *****.
    Reputation: firstrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    9,795
    "alternative facts"

  5. #5
    What the what???
    Reputation: Opus51569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,420
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Relax kids, it’s just...








    Situational lying
    We’re at a point where the “situation” for Trump* seems to be breathing...
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

  6. #6
    Darling of The Lounge
    Reputation: Retro Grouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    4,311
    When you can get away with saying anything, why be tethered to the truth?

  7. #7
    What the what???
    Reputation: Opus51569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    When you can get away with saying anything, why be tethered to the truth?
    And we’re at a point where I find myself blaming Trump* less and less. Whether he’s pathological or addled the fact is Cult45 enables and perpetuates his lies. They know what he does and tolerate it, justify it and thereby condone it. They are as much to blame as Trump* himself.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

  8. #8
    off the back
    Reputation: rufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    13,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    And we’re at a point where I find myself blaming Trump* less and less. Whether he’s pathological or addled the fact is Cult45 enables and perpetuates his lies. They know what he does and tolerate it, justify it and thereby condone it. They are as much to blame as Trump* himself.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    But....................they're owning the libs. That's all that matters to them.

    It's all just one big game to them.
    "Damn. Y'all murdered the sh*t out that mutherf***er"

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    14,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    And we’re at a point where I find myself blaming Trump* less and less. Whether he’s pathological or addled the fact is Cult45 enables and perpetuates his lies. They know what he does and tolerate it, justify it and thereby condone it. They are as much to blame as Trump* himself.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yup, he behaves like an unhinged idiot and his idiot groupies cheer him on. After attacking that Megan chick he went after the Mayor of London calling him a 'stone cold loser' and misspelling his name.

    This is how the rest of the world sees us thanks to Trump

    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Fredrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    26,773
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Relax kids, it’s just...
    Situational lying
    Or rightfully responding to over the top personal insults, and then having to smooth over with faux apologies prior to visiting da Queen.

    The liberal media are now bullies after Mueller shot them down.

    the mayor of London blew it basically saying Trump is not welcome before he arrived. What kind of reaction would you expect?

    Sad. Losers.
    Last edited by Fredrico; 06-03-2019 at 06:35 PM.

  11. #11
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    19,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Or rightfully responding to over the top personal insults, and then having to smooth over with faux apologies prior to visiting da Queen.

    The liberal media are now bullies after Mueller shot them down.

    the mayor of London blew it basically saying Trump is not welcome before he arrived. What kind of reaction would you expect?

    Sad. Losers.
    Christ your posts are pathetic.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,282
    "Trump Lies again"

    Really??? You have to come up with something better than that. Of course if you said "Trump tells the truth" half the people on this site would need somebody with a defib. "CLEAR!!!!!!!!!"

    Saw where they gave him a 41 guns salute. Too bad somebody didn't encourage him to look down the barrel of one of those cannons when they fired it off.

  13. #13
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation: rideit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Or rightfully responding to over the top personal insults, and then having to smooth over with faux apologies prior to visiting da Queen.

    The liberal media are now bullies after Mueller shot them down.

    the mayor of London blew it basically saying Trump is not welcome before he arrived. What kind of reaction would you expect?

    Sad. Losers.
    Someone’s senility pills have lost their efficacy.

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    14,875
    Brits don't like the lying manbaby

    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

  15. #15
    What the what???
    Reputation: Opus51569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,420
    Quote Originally Posted by exracer View Post
    "Trump Lies again"
    You forgot the asterisk after the name... very important.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

  16. #16
    Cycling Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,183
    Why did Donald Trump receive such a cold welcome in Britain? I believe that this man explains it best:


    Someone on Quora asked, “Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote this magnificent response.

    A few things spring to mind.

    Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

    For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

    So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

    Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever.

    And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humor is almost inhuman.

    But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

    Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness. There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.

    Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain, we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

    Trump is neither plucky nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege. And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a sniveling sidekick instead.

    There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

    So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that: * Americans are supposed to be nicer than us and most are. *

    You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man. This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of ****.

    His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum. God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

    In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump. And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumps of hair and scream in anguish: ‘My God… what… have… I… created?

    If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.”
    Last edited by bradkay; 06-11-2019 at 07:32 AM.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

  17. #17
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    19,552
    Paragraphs are your friend.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  18. #18
    Cycling Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    Paragraphs are your friend.
    The forum took out the spacing when I posted it. Now fixed.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

  19. #19
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation: rideit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,076
    Is there ever a single day where Trump doesn’t lie?

    https://news.google.com/articles/CBM...S&ceid=US%3Aen

  20. #20
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Fredrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    26,773
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    Why did Donald Trump receive such a cold welcome in Britain? I believe that this man explains it best:


    Someone on Quora asked, “Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote this magnificent response.

    A few things spring to mind.

    Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

    For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

    So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

    Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever.

    And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humor is almost inhuman.

    But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

    Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness. There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.

    Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain, we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

    Trump is neither plucky nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege. And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a sniveling sidekick instead.

    There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

    So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that: * Americans are supposed to be nicer than us and most are. *

    You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man. This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of ****.

    His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum. God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

    In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump. And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumps of hair and scream in anguish: ‘My God… what… have… I… created?

    If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.”
    Wow, sounds like the rants we used to trade, high on "Jamaica Gold!" Must be some good crop going around up there in Washington.

    I especially like the last paragraph. 'My God, what have I created?' Send that dude back to central casting! Next?

    Joe Biden? Sure. He's the antidote, right?

  21. #21
    Cycling Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Wow, sounds like the rants we used to trade, high on "Jamaica Gold!" Must be some good crop going around up there in Washington.

    I especially like the last paragraph. 'My God, what have I created?' Send that dude back to central casting! Next?

    Joe Biden? Sure. He's the antidote, right?
    Your reading comprehension is as bad as ever. The "rant" was written by an Englishman. I happened to find it and share it.

    I know that you are jealous, however. It has been a long time since one of your rants was as enjoyable to read or made as much sense...
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

  22. #22
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Fredrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    26,773
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    Your reading comprehension is as bad as ever. The "rant" was written by an Englishman. I happened to find it and share it.

    I know that you are jealous, however. It has been a long time since one of your rants was as enjoyable to read or made as much sense...
    You posted this guy's rant as the gospel truth, so have to assume you agree with much of it, which is patently false. IOW, if you believe this Brit's rant, your dope is better than mine!

    Anyway, look, man, my insightful commentary goes right over the heads of most Trump haters. They cherry pick the troll-line, emote appropriate scatological humor, but never seem to register the explanatory substance in the rest of the paragraph. They then don't get it and naturally think the post "makes no sense."
    Last edited by Fredrico; 06-11-2019 at 11:23 PM.

  23. #23
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    35,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    You posted this guy's rant as the gospel truth, so have to assume you agree with much of it, which is patently false. IOW, if you believe this Brit's rant, your dope is better than mine!

    Anyway, look, man, my insightful commentary goes right over the heads of most Trump haters. They cherry pick the troll-line, emote appropriate scatological humor, but never seem to register the explanatory substance in the rest of the paragraph. They then don't get it and naturally think the post "makes no sense."
    Where have you been posting your insightful commentary? All we get here on PO is the other kind.

    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

    "Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

  24. #24
    Opus was just napping
    Reputation: thatsmybush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    19,552
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Where have you been posting your insightful commentary? All we get here on PO is the other kind.

    Where did you learn to do this?
    From you I learned it from watching YOU!!!!

    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

  25. #25
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    14,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    my insightful commentary
    Yeah, yeah. You are a very stable genius who uses only the best words. Sad that the failing losers do not appreciate your greatness. Why do they hate excellence?
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2019, 09:41 AM
  2. Trump lies, whining and anger over small crowd
    By BadHabit in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-22-2017, 12:11 PM
  3. NYT finally calls Donald Trump's assertions "lies."
    By BadHabit in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-28-2015, 09:03 AM
  4. Lies!Lies! I can't believe a word you say!
    By Kram in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 03:58 AM
  5. Lies, Damned Lies, and Convention Speeches
    By AJS in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 07:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.