Trump*s Greenland New Deal - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiebiker View Post
    That's because Puerto Rico has "Brown People" … not "White People" … if they looked like they were from Norway, they would be the 51st state already! Such is the life in a country that never stopped being racist.
    I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Puerto Rico voted to remain a commonwealth in 1967, 1993 and 1998. and 2012.

No, I'm sure it must be because of racism.
    "The American people elected Donald Trump as the President of the United States, and not Hillary. I don't think the left is taking this loss as well as they could have"...

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    The Trump cult is all in on fellating Trump and his Idiocracy.
    Ironically... Puerto Rico has been a U.S. territory for over 100 years and Republicans aren't calling to make it a state.
    That's because if PR became a state, that would be more electoral votes in the Dem column. Not surprising Repubs don't want PR statehood.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Puerto Rico voted to remain a commonwealth in 1967, 1993 and 1998. and 2012.

No, I'm sure it must be because of racism.
    So why did Republicans abandon the Commonwealth to its fate following a Category 5 hurricane? Lack of statehood--or racism?
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

[REDACTED]
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWC View Post
    I'm so old I remember when Clinton balanced the budget while the Fed was 8.5% and the economy was booming.
    Yikes, if that makes you old, I must be ancient. Yep, I remember that for sure. I also remember double digit rates of the late 70's before Paul Volcker made a decision to control the money supply.

Then came the real estate bust of 87-89 and recession in the early 90's. It was a big deal that the Fed lowered rates into the 6% range.

I remember when Alan Greenspan raised rates a few times from 93-94. To be fair, some people were saying Greenspan was raising rates to make Bill Clinton look bad. Sound familiar? Well, the economy continued to hum along until the 2000-2002 dot-com bust.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    So why did Republicans abandon the Commonwealth to its fate following a Category 5 hurricane? Lack of statehood--or racism?
    I guess I don't consider billions of dollars in aid to be "leaving them to their fate". Your opinion may differ.
    "The American people elected Donald Trump as the President of the United States, and not Hillary. I don't think the left is taking this loss as well as they could have"...

Adorable Furry Hombre
    I guess I don't consider billions of dollars in aid to be "leaving them to their fate". Your opinion may differ.
    Remind me again, how long did Trump, McConnell and Ryan delay getting that aid out? What lengths did they go to to fasten Puerto Rico aid on things like repealing (not replacing) the ACA? How much of the budgeted funds have actually reached the island at this point, years afterward?

I'd recommend seeing a doctor, you seem to have difficulty remembering even last year.

Bad news...since you want to repeal the ACA--this memory problem of yours is a "pre-existing condition" and not covered by your insurance.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Trump is owned yet again, this time by a Danish Member of Parliament

"If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

-Robert Mueller

xxl
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    I guess I don't consider.
    You could have left it there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234