Trump Ambushed - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 39 of 39

Thread: Trump Ambushed

  1. #26
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    27,237
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    Even very high ratings would only constitute a small fraction of the electorate, many of whom are already committed voters.
    Of course that is what this is all about --- a handful of undecided who will decide.

    Seems like a golden opportunity to me.

    (Looking calm and Presidential) "All this from the President who said it was all going to disappear soon." (slowly shaking head left then right).
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

    No Lives Matter - D. Trump

  2. #27
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Wookiebiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hmm interesting theory.

    My money would be on low ratings. Who hasn't known who they'd vote for for 2+ years? Why pay attention to a 'debate' that we all know isn't? I honestly don't know or care when the debates are--I'll hear about it from the weekday evening comic shows--but that is it.
    I'm guessing it will have high ratings, just out of interest to see how the two go at each other ... entertainment sells and brings viewers.

    Most have made up their minds, but that doesn't mean Trump supporters don't want to watch him "Own the Libs" ... and Biden supporters don't want to watch Biden set up traps for Trump.

    The 2nd and 3rd debate will depend on what happens in the 1st ... if it's boring and no attacks, few will watch. If it's attack after attack, 2nd will have high ratings.

    The DNC had higher ratings than last year ... the RNC was just a bit lower. This shows interest in what they have to say, which means people are likely to tune into the debates.
    Voting isn't marriage - it's public transport. You are not waiting for "The One" who is absolutely perfect. You are getting on the bus, and if there isn't one going exactly to your destination you don't stay at home and sulk - you take the one going closest to where you want to be!

  3. #28
    A Story of Love
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    35,224
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    Even very high ratings would only constitute a small fraction of the electorate, many of whom are already committed voters.
    In a race that’s still close in the swing states — which is all that matters, really — it doesn’t take much of a shift in voter sentiment to change things significantly, or even dramatically.

    Which is something the debates could definitely provide. In fact, the Trump campaign, especially, seems to be banking on a big win there to change the narrative... why, I don’t know, given that they've undermined their chances of getting that, by lowering expectations on Biden.

    Go figure.
    .
    MH: I want to go like my Dad did - peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    SS: COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL. VOTE in November.

    Homer: I believe that the children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.


  4. #29
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nayr497's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    To some extent it's true, but Trump is the master of insisting the sky is Green instead of Blue and getting people to go along with it. Biden could show up with a master class in oratory, and Trump would tell everyone that Biden just sat there drooling. Keep in mind that most Americans won't even watch the debates, and rather than actually watch the highlight reels, a lot will believe whatever Trump says about what happened in them.
    That is why I honestly don't know how you counter the GOP double-speak machine at this point. They will make up and say ANYTHING!

    I drove to the beach last week and landed on the Rush L. show while listening to the radio. Rush was at home, not feeling well. Hmm, wonder why?

    His stand-in was some guy with a British accent, though I think he said he has lived in the U.S. or Canada for a long time.

    Anyway, I COULD NOT stop listening. They guy just went on and on on, so many lies, so many contradictions. And so much of it just made me scratch my head.

    One REALLY bizarre thing he talked about was how Biden will ONLY run with someone linked to the British royal crown. I was like what?!!!!

    It was along the lines of:
    You see, he ran with Obama, son of a KEY-KNEE-an subject of the crown. And now he's running with the daughter of a Jamaican and an Indian. How does that make you feel White America, that Joe Biden is ignoring half of America and would never pick you as a running mate?

    It left me scratching my head, but the more I thought about it...the more I realized that someone might hear such an insane rant...and latch onto it, and hate Biden because he'll only run with darn "foreigners"...and we don't want anybody in America who isn't white, and American.

  5. #30
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    27,237
    Quote Originally Posted by nayr497 View Post
    That is why I honestly don't know how you counter the GOP double-speak machine at this point. They will make up and say ANYTHING!

    I drove to the beach last week and landed on the Rush L. show while listening to the radio. Rush was at home, not feeling well. Hmm, wonder why?

    His stand-in was some guy with a British accent, though I think he said he has lived in the U.S. or Canada for a long time.

    Anyway, I COULD NOT stop listening. They guy just went on and on on, so many lies, so many contradictions. And so much of it just made me scratch my head.

    One REALLY bizarre thing he talked about was how Biden will ONLY run with someone linked to the British royal crown. I was like what?!!!!

    It was along the lines of:
    You see, he ran with Obama, son of a KEY-KNEE-an subject of the crown. And now he's running with the daughter of a Jamaican and an Indian. How does that make you feel White America, that Joe Biden is ignoring half of America and would never pick you as a running mate?

    It left me scratching my head, but the more I thought about it...the more I realized that someone might hear such an insane rant...and latch onto it, and hate Biden because he'll only run with darn "foreigners"...and we don't want anybody in America who isn't white, and American.
    If "TrumpSpeech_ worked he'd have wrapped up the election already. He's super vulnerable and the fraction of the undecideds would have decided already about 3 3/4 years of his non-stop self-aggrandizement.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

    No Lives Matter - D. Trump

  6. #31
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nealric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,419
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    In a race that’s still close in the swing states — which is all that matters, really — it doesn’t take much of a shift in voter sentiment to change things significantly, or even dramatically.

    Which is something the debates could definitely provide. In fact, the Trump campaign, especially, seems to be banking on a big win there to change the narrative... why, I don’t know, given that they've undermined their chances of getting that, by lowering expectations on Biden.

    Go figure.
    .
    I get that they've lowered expectations, but it's all part of repeating the lie enough until it sticks in people's brains.

  7. #32
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    29,593
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    If "TrumpSpeech_ worked he'd have wrapped up the election already. He's super vulnerable and the fraction of the undecideds would have decided already about 3 3/4 years of his non-stop self-aggrandizement.
    I'll just say this. His gross negligence and ego are directly responsible for 200,000 dead Americans and counting. And, well, the extent of consequences to him and the GOP are limited to 'he's super vulnerable'.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  8. #33
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: nealric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I'll just say this. His gross negligence and ego are directly responsible for 200,000 dead Americans and counting. And, well, the extent of consequences to him and the GOP are limited to 'he's super vulnerable'.
    If he loses, there's a decent chance of criminal prosecution down the line. If not for him, for a lot of his associates.

  9. #34
    A Story of Love
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    35,224
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    If he loses, there's a decent chance of criminal prosecution down the line. If not for him, for a lot of his associates.
    IIRC, Biden’s said if elected he won’t pardon Donnie, not even in the interest of ‘national healing and unity’. Good call.

    Of course, Donnie could still resign before January 20, and then get pardoned by acting President Pence.

    Which still wouldn’t shield him from prosecutions from NY state, just federal crimes.
    MH: I want to go like my Dad did - peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    SS: COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL. VOTE in November.

    Homer: I believe that the children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.


  10. #35
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    39,204
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

    There are over 6.2 million covid cases in the United States (as of September 6th), eight months after Donald Trump said it was "totally under control," and that "it's gonna be just fine."

  11. #36
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    27,237
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Remember Palin and the GOP screaming "gotcha question" about the names(s) of the newspaper(s) Sara claimed to rely on.

    Bejusus Laura is whimpering not of a national TV news personality asking the question, but two citizens.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

    No Lives Matter - D. Trump

  12. #37
    tlg
    tlg is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: tlg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    17,172
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Of course, Donnie could still resign before January 20, and then get pardoned by acting President Pence.

    Which still wouldn’t shield him from prosecutions from NY state, just federal crimes.
    Accepting a pardon would be really dumb. (I hope he does)

    Acceptance of a pardon is an admission of guilt.

    Many of his crimes overlap with State crimes. Thus an admission of guilt will make him unable to defend himself in State crimes.

    Under the Fifth Amendment, Americans are protected against self-incrimination, but people who have been pardoned are no longer under any legal jeopardy.

    Anyone pardoned would lose most of the 5th Amendment’s protection against compelled testimony that might otherwise have incriminated them

    Please please please Donny... accept a pardon!
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

  13. #38
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    18,193
    ‘America’s Got Talent’ Tops Trump Town Hall in TV Ratings
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...152953550.html

    Sad. Failing. Loser.
    "I would like you to do us a favor"

  14. #39
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: troutmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    27,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    ‘America’s Got Talent’ Tops Trump Town Hall in TV Ratings
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...152953550.html

    Sad. Failing. Loser.
    Yep --- very limited free mean vs. 2016 and one of the key reasons Trump's campaign is have money problems.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

    No Lives Matter - D. Trump

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-30-2016, 06:17 PM
  2. Police officer ambushed
    By Snakebit in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 01-11-2016, 05:11 AM
  3. Trump: Meltdown or Just Being Trump
    By nealric in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-14-2015, 05:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.