Trump Ambushed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Ambushed

RoadBikeReview Member

Trump Ambushed

President Trump doesn’t spend much time with voters who don’t already support him. As The Bew York Times’s Maggie Haberman puts it: “Trump, by only doing rallies and almost never doing town hall forums, has been insulated from the kind of voter interaction that usually help incumbents as they’re running. But he craves adulation and many of his aides enable it.”

Last night, though, the president traveled to Philadelphia for a town hall, broadcast by ABC, with voters who identified themselves as undecided. And he heard an earful.

The first question came from a 2016 Trump voter who said he was trying to take the coronavirus seriously and had to avoid people who refused to wear masks: “Why did you throw vulnerable people like me under the bus?” the man, Paul Tubiana, asked.

Another voter, Julie Bard, asked why Trump didn’t support a national mask mandate. A third asked why he downplayed the virus. Others asked about racial injustice, Trump’s attempts to take away health insurance from people and his unpresidential behavior.

“I think this is by far the toughest grilling Trump has faced as president,” CNN’s Daniel Dale, who has covered Trump extensively as a fact checker, wrote.

Trump responded with a flurry of falsehoods to defend himself. He blamed Joe Biden for the lack of a national mask mandate. Trump also said, “A lot of people think the masks are not good.” At different points, he downplayed the virus and said that he had “up-played” it.

He claimed he was beloved by South Koreans. (His recent approval rating there was 17 percent.) He said all Americans owned stocks. (About half do.) And he said the late John McCain, a war hero who was known in the Senate as an advocate for veterans, didn’t do enough for veterans.

“This is a president who still hasn’t adjusted to the fact that 2020 is not the year he wanted it to be,” Amy Walter of the Cook Political Report wrote.

The Times’s Trip Gabriel tweeted: “When @JoeBiden debates Trump, he’ll be faced with what’s on display tonight: rapid fire falsehoods, free-ranging personal attacks, over the top claims of his achievements.”

On Fox News, Laura Ingraham described the event as an “ambush” by ABC.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ta...TWMLTgmzxkvBng
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

No Lives Matter - D. Trump

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Everything short of open kneeling and worship of the GOP figurehead is high treason.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Ambush? Trump is a moron.

This was his response to a question about police reform

Are the deplorables really still looking forward to the debates?
    "I would like you to do us a favor"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Fact checking Trump's lies from last night

THIS is today's GOP

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Everything short of open kneeling and worship of the GOP figurehead is high treason.
    So true ---- along with key lessons for Team Biden to learn in preparation for the debates.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

No Lives Matter - D. Trump

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    So true ---- along with key lessons for Team Biden to learn in preparation for the debates.
    Even calling them "debates" is pushing it. Donnie will lie and Gish Gallop his lie off--as is SOP of GOP candidates for the last 20 years.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Remember when personal responsibly was a core tenet of Conservationism? Not in today's GOP. Now they blame anyone but Dear Leader for his failure

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    You gotta be a f#king moron to still believe a word that comes from Trumps mouth.

Trump claimed Churchill told the people of London 'everyone's going to be safe,' adding: 'I don't think that's being necessarily honest, and yet I think it's being a great leader.'

Remember when Churchill said the Nazis would magically disappear once it gets cold out?

“I have thought carefully in these last few days whether it was part of my duty to consider entering negotiations with That Man. [But this means] we should become a slave state….I am convinced that every man of you would rise up and tear me down from my place if I were for one moment to contemplate parley or surrender. If this long island story of ours is to end, let it end only when each of us lies choking in his own blood upon the ground” -Winston Churchill

As soon as he became prime minister, warned the British people of 'struggle and suffering' and went on to warn the nation there was a 'cruel, wanton, indiscriminate bombing of London' and said Hitler's campaign was 'killing large numbers of women and children.'

'The British people can face any misfortune w/ fortitude & buoyancy as long as they are convinced that those in charge of their affairs are not deceiving them, or are not dwelling in a fool's paradise.' -Winston Churchill

'Only a foolish optimist can deny the dark realities of the moment,' -Winston Churchill fireside chat radio broadcast

Trump is evil. Pure evil.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Even calling them "debates" is pushing it. Donnie will lie and Gish Gallop his lie off
    They're not gonna be debates (really they never are, they're just glorified speeches) but these are just going to be Trump Gaslighting lie after lie and Biden attempting to live fact check Trump all night long.
    Biden's got his work cut out for him.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

Opus was just napping
    Of all the analogies I think I hate the Churchill one the most. Not just because it is stupid bought because it is so overwrought with incompetance.

When Churchill told people to soldier on, he did not tell his government to turn of the air raid sirens. Because you can be both uplifting without wantonly endangering your people from either a virus or the Nazi Luftwaffe.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    Of all the analogies I think I hate the Churchill one the most. Not just because it is stupid bought because it is so overwrought with incompetance.

When Churchill told people to soldier on, he did not tell his government to turn of the air raid sirens. Because you can be both uplifting without wantonly endangering your people from either a virus or the Nazi Luftwaffe.

Trump referencing Churchill...is proof Trump's history knowledge consisted of hearing the name Churchill on the History Channel, once.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    This fu#ktard is still saying COVID is going to magically disappear and then says he didn't downplay it... he actually up-played it
    #GaslightAmerica

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    They're not gonna be debates (really they never are, they're just glorified speeches) but these are just going to be Trump Gaslighting lie after lie and Biden attempting to live fact check Trump all night long.
    Biden's got his work cut out for him.
    The more people believe Biden is doomed at the debates the better the chances the reverse will occur.

RoadBikeReview Member
    "Ambushed" is quite the way to describe the questions. Guy is supposed to be the leader of 330M+ people and ALL he does is lie and spread conspiracies and fear.

People want legitimate answers and no more BS. And look at how the poor guy reacts. It really, really is as if nobody has told him that running a huge nation is a hard job, not just a popularity contest. Fires, hurricanes, covid...Americans have every right to be angry with his horrendous attempt at leadership.

These people asking honest questions only emphasizes how truly deluded and brainwashed his cheering enablers are at this point. Only a lunatic would stand a cheer a guy who does NOTHING helpful while we face serious turmoil.

Road & Trail Warrior
    The more people believe Biden is doomed at the debates the better the chances the reverse will occur.
    I hope Dump tries to physically intimidate Biden like he did with Hillary. That would be some good television right there. LOL

A Story of Love
    Trump’s actually done Joe a big service Re: the debates.

All the attacks on Biden’s mental acuity (“Joe doesn’t even know he’s alive” ) have lowered expectations for Biden SO much, that all Joe has to do is show up and not have a seizure, and he WINS the debate(s).

So, THANKS, Donnie... you half-wit.
    MH: I want to go like my Dad did - peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

SS: COMPLACENCY IS LETHAL. VOTE in November.

Homer: I believe that the children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Enter the real world ... answer real questions.

It wasn't an "Ambush", it was Trump out of his "Bubble" and having to answer questions that real Americans are dealing with.

He can't handle situations like that and defers to blaming others for EVERYTHING while doing nothing to attempt to fix the problem.

The debates will be the exact same thing and will surprise zero people.

This is why I hope Biden and his team a prepping his correctly. Trumps ego is so big, he can easily be baited into saying what he really thinks in front of the entire nation during a debate, which will destroy him ... even with his own followers (well some of them).

If Biden doesn't do that, the chances of him losing will go up exponentially and we are stuck with Trump for another 8 years ... should be 4, but with Barr as his personal attorney and 6 seats on the SCOTUS (RBG will not make it long into next year), he will be able so successfully lobby for another term and change or "Addendum" to the constitution.

If that's the case, it will be the first time in my life to seriously consider moving out of this country, he and his supporters can have him at that point ... there would be better countries to live in at that point.
    Voting isn't marriage - it's public transport. You are not waiting for "The One" who is absolutely perfect. You are getting on the bus, and if there isn't one going exactly to your destination you don't stay at home and sulk - you take the one going closest to where you want to be!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Trump’s actually done Joe a big service Re: the debates.

All the attacks on Biden’s mental acuity (“Joe doesn’t even know he’s alive” ) have lowered expectations for Biden SO much, that all Joe has to do is show up and not have a seizure, and he WINS the debate(s).

So, THANKS, Donnie... you half-wit.
    To some extent it's true, but Trump is the master of insisting the sky is Green instead of Blue and getting people to go along with it. Biden could show up with a master class in oratory, and Trump would tell everyone that Biden just sat there drooling. Keep in mind that most Americans won't even watch the debates, and rather than actually watch the highlight reels, a lot will believe whatever Trump says about what happened in them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quips win debates and preparation to craft such can be deadly. Biden will be armed

RoadBikeReview Member
    (Looking straight into the TV cameras looking very Presidential) “All that from the President who called our troops losers.”

A Story of Love
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    To some extent it's true, but Trump is the master of insisting the sky is Green instead of Blue and getting people to go along with it. Biden could show up with a master class in oratory, and Trump would tell everyone that Biden just sat there drooling.

Keep in mind that most Americans won't even watch the debates, and rather than actually watch the highlight reels, a lot will believe whatever Trump says about what happened in them.
    Given the level of polarization and rancor, I’m thinking the first debate, at the least, will have very high ratings.
    MH: I want to go like my Dad did - peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm reading an article on all the armed militia members in the U.S. and how many of them refused to distance and wear masks.

WHY do we allow heavily armed quasi military/SWAT civilians to walk around America with guns drawn? It's completely crazy.

These folks make me want to move somewhere with much, much stricter gun control laws.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Given the level of polarization and rancor, I’m thinking the first debate, at the least, will have very high ratings.
    Hmm interesting theory.

My money would be on low ratings. Who hasn't known who they'd vote for for 2+ years? Why pay attention to a 'debate' that we all know isn't? I honestly don't know or care when the debates are--I'll hear about it from the weekday evening comic shows--but that is it.

A Story of Love
    Hmm interesting theory.

My money would be on low ratings. Who hasn't known who they'd vote for for 2+ years? Why pay attention to a 'debate' that we all know isn't?
    We’ll know in two weeks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Even very high ratings would only constitute a small fraction of the electorate, many of whom are already committed voters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast