Trump lies, whining and anger over small crowd
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005

Man oh man is this the way things are going to go now?

Nothing too small to lie and fight about? The question becomes:

Will everything be treated this way?

Everyone can see with their own eyes it was a small crowd, but the Trump people just deny reality!

Not a word from them, not a single word, should be believed.

Bunch of con people!

"Trump Attacks News Media Over Reporting on Crowd Size"

"[Trump's press secretary] claimed that Mr. Trump had drawn “the largest inaugural crowd ever.”

"Photographs of Mr. Obama’s first inauguration and of Mr. Trump’s clearly showed that the crowd on Friday was significantly smaller."

"Mr. Spicer started his first White House briefing by accusing news outlets of intentionally manipulating photographs “to minimize the enormous support” that Mr. Trump had received. He suggested that the news media wanted to compare the turnout on Friday unfavorably with the huge anti-Trump protest in Washington on Saturday."

Trump orders his people to lie.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/21/u...=top-news&_r=0

“We are going to hold the press accountable,” Mr. Spicer shouted before leaving without answering reporters’ questions."
    "That was some weird sh!t."—overheard from George W. Bush after attending Trump's inauguration

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Should anyone be surprised? This is the same fellow who on day one of campaigning lied about who wrote his book.

It'll be a long 4 years

Master debator.
    The women's march was yuge, you go girls!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

What the what???
    Posted this on another thread, but it seems apropos here as well.

http://www.vox.com/identities/2017/1...p-inauguration
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

Quiet, daddy's drinking
    What was so important that a weekend press conference had to be called? Hair Gropenfuhrer's fragile, little, teeny tiny, minuscule, self-esteem.
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

No collusion with the delusion

“Nationalism always breaks its promises because nationalists hate enemies in their countries more than they hate the enemies of their countries" The Guardian.

a real member's member
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOky View Post
    The women's march was yuge, you go girls!
    yup. this is seattle, alone.

Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Trump is such a fragile, scared little boy...

he even has to get belligerent over something as trivial as reports of crowd size. almost everything frightens him...his insecurities control his every action.

he wants adulation, but he'll get nothing but criticism from most of the country and the global community. you know he's seething over the number and size of protest marches all over the world...

he'll likely suffer a mental breakdown from the constant display of disapproval.

the man is beyond pathetic, but a good psychiatrist could possibly help him. he's got the money for one, he should check into it...

xxl
    Trump's gettin' a lotta sass from We The People, and we know what he does about people sassing him.

Man, are his Twitter thumbs gonna be tired.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I’m f—d.”

a real member's member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    The man is beyond pathetic, but a good psychiatrist could possibly help him...
    he has a doctor already.

he might need an exorcist.
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

Adorable Furry Hombre

he even has to get belligerent over something as trivial as reports of crowd size. almost everything frightens him...his insecurities control his every action.

he wants adulation, but he'll get nothing but criticism from most of the country and the global community. you know he's seething over the number and size of protest marches all over the world...

he'll likely suffer a mental breakdown from the constant display of disapproval.

the man is beyond pathetic, but a good psychiatrist could possibly help him. he's got the money for one, he should check into it...
    This clip from Daily Show this week nicely summarizes all of it (start at 1:30 or so)....

President-Elect Trump's Dismal Approval Rating-The Daily Show with Trevor Noah - Video Clip | Comedy Central
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    MY hope is the more he demands the press fall inline and the more they sand and say the emperor has no clothes that will drive ratings. The press will then have a vested interest in saying no to his demands.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    But that is a lie....

Come on it set records.

That is trump and is drones logic.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser955 View Post
    MY hope is the more he demands the press fall inline and the more they sand and say the emperor has no clothes that will drive ratings. The press will then have a vested interest in saying no to his demands.
    They made him. Maybe they can unmake him.

However, I do expect a new White House news stream to begin shortly—all Trump all the time—fireside rants.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post

However, I do expect a new White House news stream to begin shortly—all Trump all the time—fireside rants.
    Isn't that was the modern media does? Build someone up and them rip them apart for ratings? Its all one big reality show now anyway.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post

His will be a personal presidency such as we have never seen. The man will come before you on all three networks at the same time, "breaking news." He'll look every American man, woman and child in the eye and say, "Trust me!" He's a showman. People will like his in your face honesty, like the 8 year old kid down the block who says you need a haircut or your hat's down too far on the forehead. Americans will love him, as Crab keeps telling us.

Are we seeing the emergence of a new class of well educated, technologically hip people who see themselves as citizens of the world, jetting to and fro, connecting across national borders? They get behind equality of the sexes, gay rights, ecological responsibility, renewable energy, cutting back on carbon emissions, clean air, universal health care, well manicured infrastructure, efficient transportation system. They want to eliminate nuclear weapons, form economic and financial partnerships, and include refugees and the dispossessed in their countries. English is the language of commerce. They will feel close to the same about governing issues, fighting over the details, but never departing from the stable mean, in which everybody can carry on and conduct business with respect to all.

When you get past the child, isn't Donald Trump, married to a Slovakian, having built structures around the world, with global financial ties, a character in this new global conscious? Is he going to betray his past, and turn America inward on itself? Seriously doubt it! He'll surely, as Nixon did upon being re elected in '72, try to make the hostile media eat crow. Trump will try to do the same, don't doubt that for a minute! He's going to be showing off the whole time!

xxl
    The headline says it all:

White House press secretary attacks media for accurately reporting inauguration crowds

"This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period," Spicer said, contradicting all available data.
    Aerial photos have indicated that former president Barack Obama's first inauguration attracted a much larger crowd. Nielsen ratings show that Obama also had a bigger television audience.
    Spicer said, without any evidence, that some photos were "intentionally framed" to downplay Trump's crowd.
    He also expressed objections to specific Twitter posts from journalists. And he said, "we're going to hold the press accountable," partly by reaching the public through social networking sites.
    His statement included several specific misstatements of fact in addition to the overarching one.
    "This is the first time in our nation's history that floor coverings have been used to protect the grass on the Mall," Spicer said, claiming that this "had the effect of highlighting areas people were not standing whereas in years past the grass eliminated this visual."
    In fact, coverings were used for Obama's second inauguration in 2013.
    "This was also the first time that fencing and magnetometers went as far back on the Mall, preventing hundreds of thousands of people from being able to access the Mall as quickly as they had in inaugurations past," Spicer said.
    In fact, a United States Secret Service spokesperson told CNN, no magnetometers were used on the Mall.
    And Spicer said, "We know that 420,000 people used the D.C, Metro public transit yesterday, which actually compares to 317,000 for president Obama's last inaugural."
    Spicer's number for ridership on Friday was actually low -- the correct number, according to Metro itself, was 570,557. But there were actually 782,000 trips taken for Obama's second inaugural in 2013.
    Spicer, at times almost yelling while reading a prepared statement, took no questions. CNNMoney called his cell phone a few minutes later; he did not answer.
    Some longtime White House correspondents were stunned by the tirade.

[more in article]

White House press secretary attacks media for accurately reporting inauguration crowds - Jan. 21, 2017

[REDACTED]

The man is a mentally ill megalomaniac. Anybody else in his position would be trying to bridge the divide.

I'm really skeptical about any psychiatrist being able to help him other than giving him some strong anti-psychotic drugs or having brain surgery. Maybe he can get Ben Carson to help him with that.
    "With bicycles in particular, you need to separate between what's merely true and what's important."-- DCGriz, RBR.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

Ricardo Cabeza
    Brought to you by the modern miracle known as "context":

Obama's 2013 viewing numbers sunk by 1/3 over his 2009 numbers.

The percentage of American households who watched Reagan in 1981 was 50% HIGHER than Obama's 2009 numbers.

Neilson doesn't track online viewers, and CNN claims they had 16.9 million streams of it's live online coverage.

So it looks perhaps like Trump's total viewership, including TV, online, and live attendance, may actually DWARF Obama AND Reagan.

Trump inauguration ratings second biggest in 36 years
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    To solve the problem of this twitter carnage, I believe we need to have a Federal Twitter Police, tasked with reviewing all tweets for truthiness, then approving truthful tweets while eradicating all untruthful tweets. We can be just like Red China!

What the what???

Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post

The percentage of American households who watched Reagan in 1981 was 50% HIGHER than Obama's 2009 numbers.

Neilson doesn't track online viewers, and CNN claims they had 16.9 million streams of it's live online coverage.

So it looks perhaps like Trump's total viewership, including TV, online, and live attendance, may actually DWARF Obama AND Reagan.

The article you cite says there were more TV viewers for 2009. Now add in the proliferation of screens and access in the past 8 years... There's your "context".

But lets say you're right. Lots of people tuned in to watch the inauguration. I didn't, but I know others did. Do you honestly think that's a metric showing support of Trump*? How many do you suppose tuned in to watch the train wreck? How many tuned in to mock the hateful, isolationist, xenophobic rhetoric... the small crowds... the small hands...
    Last edited by Opus51569; 01-22-2017 at 07:21 AM.
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post

Context:

The high-water mark for a swearing-in ceremony was set in January 1981, when Ronald Reagan first took the oath of office in front of an audience of 41.8 million viewers. Barack Obama can lay claim to the second most-watched inauguration, as his 2009 ceremony drew 37.8 million viewers.

Boycott This: Why Tuning Out the Inauguration Doesn't Matter | Media - AdAge

TV only, and Donald Trump had more total TV viewers and households (due to population growth) than any other president that could've tuned in.

Online viewership is tougher to provide context for, given the explosion in media platforms in recent years, so a bit harder to assess the vox populi. I'm sure other audience measurements from, e.g., Flurry, comscore, et al., are soon to be reported, and no matter what, Trump and his press secretary will claim they're bigly scores.

If one is wondering how the FOTUS stacks up in terms of public approval compared to other presidents when they took office, well, there's really no comparison, as yesterday showed.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Donald J. Trump...

our new Lord of the Lies.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    The headline says it all:

White House press secretary attacks media for accurately reporting inauguration crowds

"This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period," Spicer said, contradicting all available data.
    Aerial photos have indicated that former president Barack Obama's first inauguration attracted a much larger crowd. Nielsen ratings show that Obama also had a bigger television audience.
    Spicer said, without any evidence, that some photos were "intentionally framed" to downplay Trump's crowd.
    He also expressed objections to specific Twitter posts from journalists. And he said, "we're going to hold the press accountable," partly by reaching the public through social networking sites.
    His statement included several specific misstatements of fact in addition to the overarching one.
    "This is the first time in our nation's history that floor coverings have been used to protect the grass on the Mall," Spicer said, claiming that this "had the effect of highlighting areas people were not standing whereas in years past the grass eliminated this visual."
    In fact, coverings were used for Obama's second inauguration in 2013.
    "This was also the first time that fencing and magnetometers went as far back on the Mall, preventing hundreds of thousands of people from being able to access the Mall as quickly as they had in inaugurations past," Spicer said.
    In fact, a United States Secret Service spokesperson told CNN, no magnetometers were used on the Mall.
    And Spicer said, "We know that 420,000 people used the D.C, Metro public transit yesterday, which actually compares to 317,000 for president Obama's last inaugural."
    Spicer's number for ridership on Friday was actually low -- the correct number, according to Metro itself, was 570,557. But there were actually 782,000 trips taken for Obama's second inaugural in 2013.
    Spicer, at times almost yelling while reading a prepared statement, took no questions. CNNMoney called his cell phone a few minutes later; he did not answer.
    Some longtime White House correspondents were stunned by the tirade.

[more in article]

White House press secretary attacks media for accurately reporting inauguration crowds - Jan. 21, 2017
    That's remarkable.

"[Trump] attacks media for accurately reporting . . . "

I saw a headline yesterday in the Times: "falsely claiming"

I doubt it will be long before the word LIE attaches itself to Trump headlines—permanently.

It's just wild. Who has ever seen anything close to this farce?

Former CIA director Brennan called Trump "despicable and disgusting."

"Donald Trump, the Lying 45th President."

And that bastard had the gall to lay his tiny pu$$y-grabbing hands on Abe's Bible.

Stephen Colbert: Trump's Inaugural Address Like Lincoln Huffing Paint Thinner | Crooks and Liars

The cardinal giving the invocation actually read a prayer that said "that we may grasp what is pleasing to you." LOL!
    Last edited by BadHabit; 01-22-2017 at 07:56 AM.
    "That was some weird sh!t."—overheard from George W. Bush after attending Trump's inauguration

xxl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast