Trump And Profiling
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    banned
    Dec 2012

Trump And Profiling

Let's face it, profiling is a key part to police work though they can't publicly admit they use this tool. In regards to terrorism, he wants to bring profiling back in the forefront to prevent terrorist acts. Of course some disingenuous news outlets add the word "racial" to profiling to distort and sensationalize. Funny how if Trump comes out and says "profiling" without the sugar coating he is labeled a racist. If a slick layer wraps it in politically correctness and deceptive terminology it is acceptable.

Donald Trump defends racial profiling in wake of bombings - CNNPolitics.com

gazing from the shadows
    Racial profiling is racist. Behavioral profiling can work, but it is not a simple thing. Not to teach, not to use.

Trump is a racist who hired a racist to run his campaign and would most certainly govern as a racist.

That's not hard to understand at this point.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

banned
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Racial profiling is racist. Behavioral profiling can work, but it is not a simple thing. Not to teach, not to use.

Trump is a racist who hired a racist to run his campaign and would most certainly govern as a racist.

That's not hard to understand at this point.
    How is it racist when pointing out one group of people is statistically and predominantly responsible for a specific action?

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by Crab Balls View Post
    How is it racist when pointing out one group of people is statistically and predominantly responsible for a specific action?
    Do you understand what you just wrote? A group of people with a certain skin color or religion is not responsible for any type of act. No acts are committed the group, they are committed by members of a group, who are also members of many other groups at the same time.

If you look a certain way, you are guilty until proven innocent? That's your idea of good police work?

Racial profiling is racist because it exerts a structural inequality against a group that other groups do not face. Stop and search: more minorities are frisked/have their cars searched than whites, but whites who are searched have a higher RATE of drug possessions. Why aren't police profiling whites as druggies?

Racism explains that.

Further, it is going to be a failure when it comes to terrorism. Profile middle easterners, and terrorists will use westerners for their attacks. Profiling one group and not paying attention to others opens up holes in security you can literally drive a truck through... if you don't "look" like one of the problem "groups".

And of course, doing so would be a huge benefit to Daesh. They love Trump, they recruit off Trump, and if the US started to profile all Muslims, ban them from the nation, expect Daesh to grow ten fold.

And keep in mind, they have some white folk who won't fit your profile.... unless you are using behavioral profiling. As the Israelis do in their airports. They seem to be doing fine with that approach.

banned
    Dec 2012
    Do you understand what you just wrote? A group of people with a certain skin color or religion is not responsible for any type of act. No acts are committed the group, they are committed by members of a group, who are also members of many other groups at the same time.
    Of course. Can you please clarify which other group, or persons of a group, are responsible for the majority of terroristic acts that are taking place?

If you look a certain way, you are guilty until proven innocent? That's your idea of good police work?
    Since when have any US citizen not been percieved to be guilty until proven innocent?

Racial profiling is racist because it exerts a structural inequality against a group that other groups do not face. Stop and search: more minorities are frisked/have their cars searched than whites, but whites who are searched have a higher RATE of drug possessions. Why aren't police profiling whites as druggies?
    It's only racist if you want to make it so. I do agree the majority of traffic stops and searches are predominantly black, I see it all the time and point it out. Yeah, it sucks to be targeted for being black while driving. That doesn't mean there aren't legitimate stops in there somewhere.

Racism explains that.

Further, it is going to be a failure when it comes to terrorism. Profile middle easterners, and terrorists will use westerners for their attacks. Profiling one group and not paying attention to others opens up holes in security you can literally drive a truck through... if you don't "look" like one of the problem "groups".
    Adaptive profiling is always the key. Work with what you got til it is ineffective and adapt to new tactics. Of course this means it isn't always racially based as most want to make it out to be.

And of course, doing so would be a huge benefit to Daesh. They love Trump, they recruit off Trump, and if the US started to profile all Muslims, ban them from the nation, expect Daesh to grow ten fold.

And keep in mind, they have some white folk who won't fit your profile.... unless you are using behavioral profiling. As the Israelis do in their airports. They seem to be doing fine with that approach.
    Right! The Israelis use "behavioral" profiling as you would like to believe, but how is it any different or distinguishable from racial/religious profiling when a single segment of the population is committing these terrorist acts. Please tell me when the last time you heard of a Native American or Asian blow themselves up in Tel Aviv?

gazing from the shadows
    Of course. Can you please clarify...

Can, but since I have already spent more time than it's worth on your... posts... today, I won't.

I will leave that to others, who seem to enjoy batting you around.

banned
    Dec 2012
    Can, but since I have already spent more time than it's worth on your... posts... today, I won't.

I will leave that to others, who seem to enjoy batting you around.
    Of course not, I do understand your lack of facts to support your bias. Oh well.

gazing from the shadows
    Of course not, I do understand your lack of facts to support your bias. Oh well.
    Search the archives, and you will find I can and do bring facts. Lots of them.

Won't does not mean can't.

banned
    Dec 2012
    Search the archives, and you will find I can and do bring facts. Lots of them.

Won't does not mean can't.
    Of course, please keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better.

Opus was just napping

Goddamned I miss clever trolls. Damn you Coolhand and your IP address locater! The fun days of bottombracketshell, Red Menace and others. Where did you go Joe DiMaggio our forum wants to turn its lonely eyes towards a troll that just doesn't suck at it.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

gazing from the shadows
    This is an example of the types of facts I bring: http://www.asanet.org/sites/default/...ARaceCrime.pdf You will note lots of high quality sources for the claims in that document.

And you might want to read this analysis, given your interest in profiling: https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...bers-not-bombs

You seem to bring "facts" that bubble up from stormfront and brietbart. I am not saying you get them there, but that's where the skittles thing came from. And much of your rhetoric would not be out of place in such places. I've spent plenty of time in my life countering such rhetoric, I feel no need to do so at this time with you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    I wonder if someone would call profiling racist if for example, white neo-Nazis had a track record of blowing up planes, and racial profiling was used to search only whites? I would be fine with that, as 1) whether itís a bomb planted by a white guy or a black guy, I donít want to be killed by a bomb, and 2) if they only stopped white guys, instead of little old black ladies, it would speed up the lines.

xxl

Knock off the personal digs, please.

That someone won't spend their time on your posts doesn't mean they can't, your insinuations otherwise.

If you truly wish to discuss racial profiling, fine, but be respectful of the fact that other posters may not feel you're worth the trouble.

Claiming they don't wish to engage because they're "biased" doesn't change any of that.

Satanic Watch Winder
    Quote Originally Posted by dougclaysmith View Post
    I wonder if someone would call profiling racist if for example, white neo-Nazis had a track record of blowing up planes, and racial profiling was used to search only whites? I would be fine with that, as 1) whether itís a bomb planted by a white guy or a black guy, I donít want to be killed by a bomb, and 2) if they only stopped white guys, instead of little old black ladies, it would speed up the lines.
    Smart works better than color. What Israeli Airport Security Can Teach the World | Huffington Post
    The crumbling of our wide freeways suggest a narrower vision

Only the mob and the elite can be attracted by the momentum of totalitarianism itself. The masses have to be won by propaganda.

MAKE AMERICA SMART AGAIN

gazing from the shadows
    I wonder if someone would call profiling racist if for example, white neo-Nazis had a track record of blowing up planes, and racial profiling was used to search only whites?
    Skinheads can grow hair. You think every white person should be treated as a neo-nazi by security? Or only the ones who show something that leads to such a suspicion other than their skin color?

Study: White Extremists More Dangerous Than Islamists Since 9/11 Seems like white people committing terrorist acts are quite a threat. Factually. But we are not profiling white men, are we? We see cases of agitated white men waving guns on the corner being talked down, and unarmed black men getting shot. That's where racial profiling leads.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Skinheads can grow hair. You think every white person should be treated as a neo-nazi by security? Or only the ones who show something that leads to such a suspicion other than their skin color?

Study: White Extremists More Dangerous Than Islamists Since 9/11 Seems like white people committing terrorist acts are quite a threat. Factually. But we are not profiling white men, are we? We see cases of agitated white men waving guns on the corner being talked down, and unarmed black men getting shot. That's where racial profiling leads.
    Not all neo-Nazi are skin heads.

If white people have a track record of blowing up planes, and security wants to hone in on the thread, go ahead.

To your link, maybe we should profile white men. Then more people will see that not just brown people cause harm. And maybe preventative law enforcement becomes more successful.

gazing from the shadows
    Not all neo-Nazi are skin heads.

To your link, maybe we should profile white men. Then more people will see that not just brown people cause harm. And maybe preventative law enforcement becomes more successful.
    Profile every race, and lots of time will be wasted looking at non-threats. Leave a race unprofiled, and there are holes in the security to exploit.

The skinhead example was an example. Not all have tats of swastikas either.

banned
    Dec 2012
    This is an example of the types of facts I bring: http://www.asanet.org/sites/default/...ARaceCrime.pdf You will note lots of high quality sources for the claims in that document.

And you might want to read this analysis, given your interest in profiling: https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...bers-not-bombs

You seem to bring "facts" that bubble up from stormfront and brietbart. I am not saying you get them there, but that's where the skittles thing came from. And much of your rhetoric would not be out of place in such places. I've spent plenty of time in my life countering such rhetoric, I feel no need to do so at this time with you.
    Yes, wonderful "facts" that prove nothing other than the same old conventional wisdom of staying the course has done nothing positive to resolve the issue. And this nugget from one of the links only demonstrates that, with all these experts in this field, the problem can never be solved.

"Although, as commentators have pointed out, not all Muslims are terrorists, unfortunately all the terrorists involved in recent outrages against Western targets - the USA, Britain, Spain and so on -- have been Muslims. Not everyone with an Arab name is Muslim - many are Christians, Druze, or from other backgrounds. Similarly, not every fanatical Muslim is dark or wears Arab robes: some of the most fanatical members of the jihadi movement are light-skinned converts who may have blond hair and blue eyes, and who for the purpose of carrying out an attack will wear Western clothes and use the names they bore before converting to Islam. "

xxl
    Yes, wonderful "facts" that prove nothing other than the same old conventional wisdom of staying the course has done nothing positive to resolve the issue. And this nugget from one of the links only demonstrates that, with all these experts in this field, the problem can never be solved.

"Although, as commentators have pointed out, not all Muslims are terrorists, unfortunately all the terrorists involved in recent outrages against Western targets - the USA, Britain, Spain and so on -- have been Muslims. Not everyone with an Arab name is Muslim - many are Christians, Druze, or from other backgrounds. Similarly, not every fanatical Muslim is dark or wears Arab robes: some of the most fanatical members of the jihadi movement are light-skinned converts who may have blond hair and blue eyes, and who for the purpose of carrying out an attack will wear Western clothes and use the names they bore before converting to Islam. "
    Using religious status as a profiling variable is pointless, since it's hard to discern on site what faith one adheres to.

This is why I'm in favor of profiling terror suspects by eye color; all the terrorists involved in recent outrages against Western targets have been brown-eyed, and that's a trait the profilers can see.

The stink of the brown-eyed devils upon this nation manifests itself in other ways, too:

Illegals stealing America's job--brown eyes.

Marauding thugs of black gangs in the inner cities--brown eyes.

banned
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Using religious status as a profiling variable is pointless, since it's hard to discern on site what faith one adheres to.

This is why I'm in favor of profiling terror suspects by eye color; all the terrorists involved in recent outrages against Western targets have been brown-eyed, and that's a trait the profilers can see.

The stink of the brown-eyed devils upon this nation manifests itself in other ways, too:

Illegals stealing America's job--brown eyes.

Marauding thugs of black gangs in the inner cities--brown eyes.
    Why are you trying to bait me?

Opus was just napping
    Come on, no personal digs. Funny how the bias from the mods is evident. Haven't seen much comments from the mods scolding the people calling me a troll or attacking me. Like I said in a PM to you, it's your litter box and if i want to use it I will follow the rules. Just try to be fair and impartial while handing out punishment.
    Trolling is a hard and thankless task. We don't always have the trolls we need, but when we put up with the trolls, we get what we deserve.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

NSFW
    Maybe you just got profiled as a troll.

xxl
    "Bait" you?? I'm trying to help.

You must see that religious profiling is far too easy for terrorists to circumvent. Eye color is so much better.

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by Ullr View Post
    Check his eye color.

Crab Balls, turn on your camera, so we can verify you're not an enemy of freedom.

banned
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ullr View Post
    I'll wear it as a badge of honor. Thank you.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast