U.S. Military given Green Light into Syria
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003

U.S. Military given Green Light into Syria

and its about time. according to debka (which are always mostly right to exactly right) the u.s. commander in iraq, casey, has been given the go ahead to pursue whatever action he sees fit in stopping the cross border insurgency from syria. if youre reading teh article, pay close attention to number 9 and the verbage that follows.

http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=964

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by bill105
    and its about time. according to debka (which are always mostly right to exactly right) the u.s. commander in iraq, casey, has been given the go ahead to pursue whatever action he sees fit in stopping the cross border insurgency from syria. if youre reading teh article, pay close attention to number 9 and the verbage that follows.

God bless amerika and pass the ammunition. All hail WW3!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Opus was just napping
    I am going to go home and watch Dr. Strangelove....as a documentary.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    God bless amerika and pass the ammunition. All hail WW3!
    should we be pursuing terrorists who slip into and out of syria diplomatically or militarily?

Shirtcocker
    should we be pursuing terrorists who slip into and out of syria diplomatically or militarily?
    Is it just Syria? Why not Egypt? Probably lots of countries over there that have plenty of people loyal to Bin Laden. Do we invade them all with no international support? Sounds like a real hornets nest that you might examine a bit longer before plunging into another questionable and expensive war.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Not Banned

I dunno

should we be pursuing terrorists who slip into and out of syria diplomatically or militarily

should we further instigate the anti American jihadist movement? oh man the end of timers gotta be licking their chops. if they flee from Syria South we can chase them right to the plains of Armageddon. ( I don't know the actual spelling of the actual place of the TOMH)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    Is it just Syria? Why not Egypt? Probably lots of countries over there that have plenty of people loyal to Bin Laden. Do we invade them all with no international support? Sounds like a real hornets nest that you might examine a bit longer before plunging into another questionable and expensive war.
    i'm just talking about terrorists who cross back and forth from syria. iraq doesnt border egypt. syria has been warned over and over and over. how much do you let them slide when they say they will put a stop to it, place their military on the border to do it and it doesnt stop? where do you draw the line?

Back from the dead
    Gosh, Iraq is going so well, why not Syria?

Oct 2004

At least we can invade Syria enjoying the support of the full force of the mighty Iraqi army!!!

I don't exist

Syria first, then

Jordan and THEN Turkey(uppity Kurds and all).

Kuwate, Qatar(Al Jezeria 'ya know) & Oman. We already have Afganistan so then we will have a lot of Iran surrounded. Saudi Arabia wil come along with or without the royal family since we will have Oman(& Yemen by default---The Cole bombing debt?).

Using cash and (false) promises to Putin(Puty in W lingo) the nothern border states of 'stan & 'jan will be ours to use as bases as we please.

Man, Old Europe wont know what hit them!

Hegemony & Empire building American style.

God did certainly did bless the USA with or is that W with the USA?

I'm glad to be a RED(state) blooded 'merican.

Sounds & looks more & more like Viet Nam. Chasing the commies into Laos & Cambodia. I wonder who will be the(new) Pol Pot?
    Get that mirror away from us!
    Last edited by HAL9000; 01-11-2005 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Add addnl quip
    Rocket Sturgeon
    -2B1 Ask 1-
    Fast Stinky Fish
    in KY jelly

angel of the morning

I guess Bush is sincere

He really is going about his promise to bring "a new face of Islam". Basically, provoke and then cry wolf about "them terrorists".

It never ceases to amaze me .... can't wait for elections in Iraq, I wager that an american sponsored, delegated and approved candidate will be "manufactured" to be the new leader 'coz they won't want the popualr vote to be the deciding factor. Manufactured how? See US Election '04. Funny thing is this form of imposed democracy created Saddam's regime and the Bath party supremacy. Merry go round and y'all still blind.

Real Motivation behind this boundless enthusiasm for supposed democracy?

Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, Oil, and Oil.

ciao
    I watched him walking in and it was like they say, you know, he kind of glowed. Like a ray of light was around him. A kind of Jesus. - Spirito (interviewing Spirito)

http://instagram.com/ciclispirito

I am pedlfoot
    Jan 1970

Syria...

...if it happens will be Bush's Cambodia.I guess Bush wasn't paying attention to the war back then.To busy making sure the skies above Texas were safe.
    Steel is Real

Motorator

Oh, joy. As if it's going to work. They can't even stop the illegal aliens coming from Mexico, so how is this going to succeed. Maybe it's time to start dropping neutron bombs - that'll teach em we mean business. We've heard so much about them, why not see if they work? In fact, maybe that's what should be done to the whole middle east - turn it into one big pig roast. And whoever figures out how to do it without turning the crude into radioactive waste should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. After the smoke clears.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Starliner
    Oh, joy. As if it's going to work. They can't even stop the illegal aliens coming from Mexico, so how is this going to succeed. Maybe it's time to start dropping neutron bombs - that'll teach em we mean business. We've heard so much about them, why not see if they work? In fact, maybe that's what should be done to the whole middle east - turn it into one big pig roast. And whoever figures out how to do it without turning the crude into radioactive waste should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. After the smoke clears.
    so your solution to the terrorists crossing the border into iraq from syria is to do nothing.

thank you for your valuable contribution to the future security of u.s. troops and the iraqi people.

Seeking shades of grey
    I would think this would be a decision for the provisional authority in Iraq, and after Jan 31 2005, it would be the decision of the new government. After all, we do respect the sovereign government in Iraq, don't we?

Apr 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane Gran
    I would think this would be a decision for the provisional authority in Iraq, and after Jan 31 2005, it would be the decision of the new government. After all, we do respect the sovereign government in Iraq, don't we?
    And what percentage of the Iraqi population are not going to be able to vote? Hey, but according to Rummy the purest form of democracy is looting.
    Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
    --John Stuart Mill

Every little counts...

Is Syria really the problem?

Maybe they should secure Iraq first. Oops. Okay, duh. Yer right. Better just invade Syria.

so your solution to the terrorists crossing the border into iraq from syria is to do nothing.

thank you for your valuable contribution to the future security of u.s. troops and the iraqi people.

Oct 2004

Who's going to supply the magic beans from which we'll come up with the troops necessary to mount any operations in Syria? Our forces are already stretched too think in Iraq and Afghanistan. The men we have are already on their second and third tours of duty. This is just wishful thinking form a pundit who's pro-Israel bias is guiding his crystal ball.

Seeking shades of grey
    For what it is worth, my reply was sarcastic. It seems a blatant contradiction for the administration to claim legitimacy of the Iraqi government and simultaneously assume that they may launch military operations from Iraq willy nilly.

Apr 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane Gran
    For what it is worth, my reply was sarcastic. It seems a blatant contradiction for the administration to claim legitimacy of the Iraqi government and simultaneously assume that they may launch military operations from Iraq willy nilly.
    amen bro! I got your sacarcasm and was simply adding my 2 cents of vitriol.

Willy Nilly, hmm, isn't that the name of the god with whom our prez converses?
    Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
    --John Stuart Mill

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunout
    Maybe they should secure Iraq first. Oops. Okay, duh. Yer right. Better just invade Syria.
    Really...the logic escapes me here. They thought Iraq would be a cakewalk and now that no amount of neocon sugarcoating can hide the fact that Iraq is an unmitagated disaster they want to invade another country? Why not just work on securing the border from the Iraq side? If they can't do that then why do they think they can accomplish anything by invading Syria? The tough guy act can only work for so long.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003
    Really...the logic escapes me here. They thought Iraq would be a cakewalk and now that no amount of neocon sugarcoating can hide the fact that Iraq is an unmitagated disaster they want to invade another country? Why not just work on securing the border from the Iraq side? If they can't do that then why do they think they can accomplish anything by invading Syria? The tough guy act can only work for so long.
    read the article. theyre not advocating invading. the u.s. commander has been authorized to take whatever action he sees as necessary. even if it was necessary, i dont think we have the troops to invade syria. border incursions yes.

Not Banned

I would assume they just want

an official version unlike the 'shadow war' in Cambodia during the Viet Nam War (can I call it a war yet?) I'm just glad we'll be spending more of our great grandchildrens money.
    No wonder the right is anti-abortion, they need more future taxpayers!

More Cowbell!
    Well, the USA's solution to terrorists (Real Al Queda baddies along with Taliban) crossing into Afghanistan from Pakistan is to do nothing. Pakistan doesn't want us to cross their border so we don't. Even though we KNOW for a fact that really nasty men are right across on the other side.

Is it that we respect the freedom loving Pakistanis so much? You know, the country ruled by a dictator who overthrew an elected president via military coup?
    Pro rep, yo!

Not Banned

what sliding scale situational ethics from the Cons?

Is it that we respect the freedom loving Pakistanis so much? You know, the country ruled by a dictator who overthrew an elected president via military coup?

business as usual. whenever it suits our REAL purpose.

it's this stuff why we Libs don't buy the second Iraq 'excuse' "we deposed a dictator"

so lame, can't believe anyone with a brain would buy this crap