Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyP View Post
    I must admit that I had not read a lot of posts here since joining earlier in the year.

Mistakenly, I thought this was a discussion forum. Now I find out this forum is a celebration of the liberal position. No discussion permitted.

My few short posts, designed to present a viewpoint for discussion, presented politely and thoughtfully have resulted in rancor usually reserved for the devil at an evangelical revival meeting.

Now I know better. While I may, occasionally, read the words of celebration to get the far left position on issues, I have no desire to regularly participate.

I may post, occasionally, if I feel the conversation has gone way off the deep end, I do so in the realization that my posts are for the other lurkers here, not the 20 or so liberal celebrants who make up the posting contingent.
    Let us know which color the safe space should be painted.
    Blows your hair back.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I must admit that I had not read a lot of posts here since joining earlier in the year.
    Really? That's what you must admit.
    Weird. The very first sentence of your OP....

After lurking here for some time I understand that this is a forum of extreme views with both left and right represented.
    Were you just looking at pictures during your lurking for some time.

banned
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    Really? That's what you must admit.
    Weird. The very first sentence of your OP....

Were you just looking at pictures during your lurking for some time.
    I'll also admit I skipped over your posts. After one or two I learned they were light on content, illogical and poorly thought out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I already answered it correctly.
    Then I must humbly eat my words and fond culinary sessions with Brits and Krauts, er, Germans!

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtanker View Post
    Its not self reflection and no one can ever speak for everyone.
    So, you do learn something?
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

RoadBikeReview Member
    It's hardly free thought when you regurgitate talking points from Fox news or your right-leaning forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtanker View Post
    I spread my disdain for conservatives on a different right leaning forum. If I did that here Id be cheered on and thought as one of them, which Im not.

Independent free thought is frowned upon by both political parties.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    They those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The problem is you can't teach stupid and history is taught in a classroom.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I'll also admit I skipped over your posts. After one or two I learned they were light on content, illogical and poorly thought out.
    It's ok, you don't need to admit be wrong. Everyone knows.
    And my first post was about systemic racism. Clearly an issue you can't address.

gazing from the shadows
    It's ok, you don't need to admit be wrong. Everyone knows.
    And my first post was about systemic racism. Clearly an issue you can't address.
    Some people actually want to discuss issues. But not all people who say they do, actually do.

Actions usually show who is who in short order.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    OK let's try this a 3rd time.

Well before you go perhaps you would be so kind to take a crack an answering the question above (see #4 and #32 above).

What is the obstacle holding the US hostage to falling short of this diversity/unity goal(s) AND what range of alternative(s) best make sense to overcome the obstacle(s) of the difficult issue(s).
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Hmmm, rambling posts filled with talking points, refuse to answer direct questions, victim card, and now insults.

Have seen this before.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Hmmm, rambling posts filled with talking points, refuse to answer direct questions, victim card, and now insults.

Have seen this before.
    Well when the poster's user name is "skip" we should expect them to SkyP over issues they find inconvenient to answer.
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Some people actually want to discuss issues. But not all people who say they do, actually do.

Actions usually show who is who in short order.
    There are no "actions" here, it's all just people throwing out their two cents. I started posting here originally thinking it might be interesting to talk with people who have a different world view than I do. I found out shortly that you can just expect insults and attacks (although cleverly worded 3rd person attacks so you don't break the "rules") if you don't agree with the left. So I've simply adopted the same tactics and decided to have some fun with it.
    Jobs, not Mobs...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by davesupra View Post
    There are no "actions" here, it's all just people throwing out their two cents. I started posting here originally thinking it might be interesting to talk with people who have a different world view than I do. I found out shortly that you can just expect insults and attacks (although cleverly worded 3rd person attacks so you don't break the "rules") if you don't agree with the left. So I've simply adopted the same tactics and decided to have some fun with it.
    I have asked you this before but you never respond. What specific issue do you feel is not being addressed correctly? Be precise. No talking points, deflection, or silly comments, just the topic. Just facts.

It appears you confuse facts with insults and attacks.

flinty-eyed moderator

Moderators Note

Off to a sterling start here. Why don't you sit this one out for a while.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    There are no "actions" here, it's all just people throwing out their two cents.
    That's what discussion is.
    QQQ refereed to "actions" as the OP's actions here. And the OP's actions were to give his opinion then choose to ignore contrary discussion even though he claimed to be here for discussion.

So I've simply adopted the same tactics and decided to have some fun with it.
    So you've admitted you're not here for discussion, but just to troll.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

xxl
    Hmm. Have you considered whether your own posts had any blame in all this, or are the other posters just meanies?

PO is just people throwing out their two cents, but that's rather the essence of discussions--what else would a discussion forum be?

Not everyone listens to my pearls of wisdom IRL, either, the fools.

RoadBikeReview Member
    There are no "actions" here, it's all just people throwing out their two cents.
    Not sure how you reached the position given posts number 4, 32 and 59 above which posed an actionable question to move the discussion forward.

Here I'll let you take action on the question:

What is the obstacle holding the US hostage to falling short of this diversity/unity goal(s) AND what range of alternative(s) best make sense to overcome the obstacle(s) of the difficult issue(s).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Hmm. Have you considered whether your own posts had any blame in all this, or are the other posters just meanies?
    My posts "now" are somewhat to blame, sure. I've adopted the tactics of many here, they don't like what the mirror looks like.

PO is just people throwing out their two cents, but that's rather the essence of discussions--what else would a discussion forum be?
    You are exactly right. My post said that there were no actions here.

Not everyone listens to my pearls of wisdom IRL, either, the fools.
    Well dang, they are missing out.
    Jobs, not Mobs...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    My posts "now" are somewhat to blame, sure. I've adopted the tactics of many here, they don't like what the mirror looks like.
    Personal responsibility is a core tenet of conservatism. Blaming others for your inability to have a reasonable discussion is weak.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    So you've admitted you're not here for discussion, but just to troll.
    I'm here for discussion if anyone cares to discuss things like adults. However, it seems to be pretty rare here unless you agree with the leftist orthodoxy. So I give what I take, and that's just fine too. I enjoy it either way.
    Jobs, not Mobs...

xxl

You are exactly right. My post said that there were no actions here.

Well dang, they are missing out.
    As an academic, I'm kinda used to it. Harry Crews once wrote an essay called "Why I Teach," and he said because it's the only field where you can have a nineteen-year old scream at you that you don't know the first thing about something you've spent the bulk of your adult life studying.

But have you considered that perhaps your metaphorical mirror isn't the reflective device you think it is? Case in point: You're blaming "leftists" for not interacting like "adults," but this is your judgment of them, and there may well be people who feel you're reaping the discourse your statements sow.

Also, if I understand you correctly, you're saying you've changed your behavior, specifically how you express your thoughts, because of other people.

Think about that.

Be the change you seek.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    As an academic, I'm kinda used to it. Harry Crews once wrote an essay called "Why I Teach," and he said because it's the only field where you can have a nineteen-year old scream at you that you don't know the first thing about something you've spent the bulk of your adult life studying.
    I can relate to that.

But have you considered that perhaps your metaphorical mirror isn't the reflective device you think it is? Case in point: You're blaming "leftists" for not interacting like "adults," but this is your judgment of them, and there may well be people who feel you're reaping the discourse your statements sow.
    I have no doubt that the majority of the juvenile posters think that I deserve any immature crap that they toss out. Heck, I probably even deserved it before I posted, just because I'm conservative.

Also, if I understand you correctly, you're saying you've changed your behavior, specifically how you express your thoughts, because of other people. Think about that. Be the change you seek.
    I'll engage with people thoughtfully if I believe they are doing the same. But no, I typically no longer will with the people that reply "you lie" or fill half a page with "Bwahahaha", or "Nice lies. You are a liar here or you are so ignorant or just plane stupid mindless drone", etc.
    Jobs, not Mobs...

RoadBikeReview Member
    I can relate to that.

I have no doubt that the majority of the juvenile posters think that I deserve any immature crap that they toss out. Heck, I probably even deserved it before I posted, just because I'm conservative.

I'll engage with people thoughtfully if I believe they are doing the same. But no, I typically no longer will with the people that reply "you lie" or fill half a page with "Bwahahaha", or "Nice lies. You are a liar here or you are so ignorant or just plane stupid mindless drone", etc.
    There are only a couple of lie detectors here and while I don't put them on ignore I do tend to avoid most of their posts or answering them. Time was I felt deeply insulted but now I just write it off, seems to be within forum rules.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010

If you do not want people to point out that you are lying.....don't lie. It is pretty simple.

Posting something that is clearly false, and then crying victim when someone points out the fact it is false is, to quote Dear Leader, weak. Sad. Losing

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    There are only a couple of lie detectors here and while I don't put them on ignore I do tend to avoid most of their posts or answering them. Time was I felt deeply insulted but now I just write it off, seems to be within forum rules.
    Same. I just chalk it up to lack of social skills.
    Jobs, not Mobs...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast