War for natural gas with bennies to the EU Israel too?
    banned

War for natural gas with bennies to the EU Israel too?

I've been asking why Syria? What spurred on this civil war? What is there in Syria that Western nations want? It's not oil. Most of Syria's oil went to the EU anyway and in any event, their production is down signifficantly. So it ain't oil they're after and the rebels are clearly outsiders instigating this war.

Zero Hedge makes an argument it's more about strategic location than about liberation. The strategic location provides a two fold advantage - 1. it's shared border with Iran and 2. a route to run a natural gas pipeline from Qatar to Europe. The latter seems to be what is driving France and GB to push for intervention. The former is what motivates the US along with Israel, to push for Assad's ousting. Iran will lose a friendly neighbor and strategic partner.

With Assad out, a regime can be installed that is friendly to the West - basically paying off the new regime for a right of way. Assad would never agree to such a deal as Russia is his economic and military trading partner. This regime change would enable a pipeline to run from Qatar through SA, Syria, Turkey and into the EU. It would break Russia's monopoly and free EU nations from Russian NG dependency; a dependency that has obvious implications if a war were ever to occur between the West and Eastern block nations. It also creates a competitive climate for better pricing.

The article makes a case that the rebels are being supplied and funded by Qatar - I would suspect SA too - so that they can sell their bountiful NG reserves to Europe. I'm sure everyone who goes along with this will profit handsomely with Swiss account numbers sent to them.

Well read it yourself. Judge for yourself. It's clear this is no humanitarian excursion. It's always about money and strategic positioning.

Europe Ends Arms Embargo For Syrian Rebels, Desperate To Break Russian NatGas Export Monopoly

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    The so called rebels are the extreme shiat Muslims looking to gain control. Assad, as bad as his might be, I don't I don't live there, has kept some sort of control in that country.

With Assad out, what sort of power vacuum will be created and what will rule?

When the hell are we going to learn a lesson.

There was a great documentary on last night on NatGeo called America vs Iraq. Great detail about the behind the scene going ons. Talk about a mess, and we are to do it all over again.

Well, I guess every Prez has to have his war.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dougclaysmith View Post
    The so called rebels are the extreme shiat Muslims looking to gain control. Assad, as bad as his might be, I don't I don't live there, has kept some sort of control in that country.

With Assad out, what sort of power vacuum will be created and what will rule?

When the hell are we going to learn a lesson.

There was a great documentary on last night on NatGeo called America vs Iraq. Great detail about the behind the scene going ons. Talk about a mess, and we are to do it all over again.

Well, I guess every Prez has to have his war.
    The "rebels" "terrorists" what ever you want to call them in any area in the ME, are mercs. They fight for money. The jihad is the smoke that keeps the unemployed masses there, agitated and unstable. The power vacuum doesn't really exist. It's like the mafia running the country. As long as they're making money, oil flows and now natural gas.

Think about it, why aren't the jihadis blowing up oil pipelines, refineries or ports? Oh someone blew one refinery, but that isn't really being done where it could devastate western economies. It's all smoke and mirrors. Exxon Mobile are still doing business in all those countries no matter who is head of state and no matter what fringe group is wreaking havoc.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2008
    One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

It's all sand right? Too bad it cannot be turned over like an Etch-a-Sketch.

banned
    Here's an interesting development and exchange between SA and Russia.

Saudis offer Russia secret oil deal if it drops Syria

So in it we find that SA controls the Chechen rebels and SA will keep a leash on them so they don't disrupt the Olympics. Check. SA will form an alliance with Russia to price fix oil and gas. Check. All this for walking away from defense of Syria. Check.

Then there's this.

Russia’s Oil and Natural Gas Industry Facing Market Turmoil

In it we see that Russia has been soaking the EU with their NG pricing schemes. Check.

It's obvious none of this is about chemical weapons or humanitarian aid. It's about global energy and who controls it.

banned
    I made this thread a long time ago and before all of the destruction and lives lost, including our ambassador in Libya - yeah it was all about a video . Seems our POTUS is FOS and does the same bidding for the same folks Bush worked for. Yes ISIS is funded and run by the West and those in the ME who would profit from this natural gas pipeline. I said it three years ago.

Not mainstream western media sources. They aren't allowed to cover this stuff other than to further the propaganda they're involved in.

The Times of Israel

Russian state media reported that Israeli Mossad agents and other foreign military officers were killed in Aleppo on Tuesday in a Russian missile strike. According to the Arabic-language version of Russia’s Sputnik news agency, some “30 Israeli and Western officers” died when they were hit by three Kalibr cruise missiles fired by Russian warships in a “foreign officers’ coordination operations room” in western Aleppo, near Mount Simeon. In addition to the Mossad agents, the Russian report claimed, military officials from the United States, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Kingdom and Turkey — virtually every country hated by Iran, Syria and Russia — were killed in the strike, according to “battlefield sources.” The foreign officers were “directing the terrorists’ attacks in Aleppo and Idlib,” the Iranian Fars news reported, referring to the rebel groups that control the Syrian cities. The Israeli government did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
    www.counterpunch.org...

“Secret cables and reports by the U.S., Saudi and Israeli intelligence agencies indicate that the moment Assad rejected the Qatari pipeline, military and intelligence planners quickly arrived at the consensus that fomenting a Sunni uprising in Syria to overthrow the uncooperative Bashar Assad was a feasible path to achieving the shared objective of completing the Qatar/Turkey gas link. In 2009, according to WikiLeaks, soon after Bashar Assad rejected the Qatar pipeline, the CIA began funding opposition groups in Syria.”

Everyone having fun during this election cycle?

AJL
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Steam View Post

Everyone having fun during this election cycle?
    Not really