Why the Republicans won the mid-terms and will win again - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorX91 View Post
    Funny sh!t. Why do cons behave like saying things that aren't even close true is a virtue?

oops made a mistake in my previous reply, stated that 40 percent of the gdp is going to pay the debt interest, that is actually 3 percent, but hey I did actually have a disclaimer in there that said "or whatever that figure is"

I'm sure these numbers will make you feel better:

National Debt: 14 trillion and some change
    GDP 14 trillion and some bigger change

Ration of National Debt to GDP is around 98 pecent or so ( that certainly seems healthy for the economy.
    Interest paid on the Debt this year $386 Billion or so.

Lets keep spending more than we take in. Before China will just forclose on us and we can all learn to speak Chinese.

Covfefe
    Quote Originally Posted by jarbiker View Post
    oops made a mistake in my previous reply, stated that 40 percent of the gdp is going to pay the debt interest, that is actually 3 percent, but hey I did actually have a disclaimer in there that said "or whatever that figure is"

Ration of National Debt to GDP is around 98 pecent or so ( that certainly seems healthy for the economy.

Lets keep spending more than we take in. Before China will just forclose on us and we can all learn to speak Chinese.
    Yeah whatever it is... 1.4% in 2010
    "Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bricoleur View Post

[INDENT]he's so transparently fake.
    To you. And don't forget those silly signs that went up here and there with Bush's face and the caption "Miss me yet?" Certainly a strong offense against Perry will be to paint him as "Bush III." Obviously his record in Texas will be a huge part of the strategy on both sides, but electability rarely seems to hinge on previous records.
    Hell is other posters

RoadBikeReview Member

guy..

just stop while you're ahead...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt

good gawd, man, at least attempt to use the internet to educate yourself. this wheel was in motion long before 2008. and the GOP has shown us nothing that would win them any sort of Congressional majority or the WH in 2012.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bahueh View Post
    just stop while you're ahead...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt

good gawd, man, at least attempt to use the internet to educate yourself. this wheel was in motion long before 2008. and the GOP has shown us nothing that would win them any sort of Congressional majority or the WH in 2012.
    Did you vote for Bush either time?

RoadBikeReview Member

why

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebit View Post
    Did you vote for Bush either time?
    do you ask?

RoadBikeReview Member
    do you ask?
    If you didn't it may be that you just don't understand.

RoadBikeReview Member

please..

If you didn't it may be that you just don't understand.
    explain, Snakey. why would I not understand something if i hadn't voted for Bush?

RoadBikeReview Member
    explain, Snakey. why would I not understand something if i hadn't voted for Bush?
    Did you understand why Bush got elected twice?

RoadBikeReview Member

well..

Did you understand why Bush got elected twice?
    in reality he didn't get elected the first time.

the second time was well beyond my comprehension....and you do understand what happend in 2008, right?

Folsom City Blues...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Andy has hit the nail on the head.

///thread over.
    Most diffidently agreed upond this statement.

Peace
    Tao Te Ching

The movement of the Tao is to return

The way of Tao is to yield

Heaven, Earth and all things are born of the existant world.

The existent world is born of nothingness of the Tao

Master Lao Tzu

RoadBikeReview Member
    in reality he didn't get elected the first time.

the second time was well beyond my comprehension....and you do understand what happend in 2008, right?
    What I understand is that the left underestimated him two times, regardless of how you view the first or second time. I don't think McCain could have won either election but Bush did. I think the left tends to surround themselves with like minded folks and see themselves in a bit too favorable light. I don't mean that judgementally, just as an observation that you guys tend to miss the forrest because you fall in love with the trees.

I think you are underestimating the Tea Party agenda. Not so much the people you love to make fun of in the public eye, the deep underlying fear and discontent that has given the movement legs. You don't understand them, look down on them and feel superior and can't imagine how they could win. They can though and they just might. Should that happen you won't understand that either. You tend not to listen to what the great unwashed wants but make plans to do what you believe they need. The two ain't always one and the same.

RoadBikeReview Member

well..

What I understand is that the left underestimated him two times, regardless of how you view the first or second time. I don't think McCain could have won either election but Bush did. I think the left tends to surround themselves with like minded folks and see themselves in a bit too favorable light. I don't mean that judgementally, just as an observation that you guys tend to miss the forrest because you fall in love with the trees.

I think you are underestimating the Tea Party agenda. Not so much the people you love to make fun of in the public eye, the deep underlying fear and discontent that has given the movement legs. You don't understand them, look down on them and feel superior and can't imagine how they could win. They can though and they just might. Should that happen you won't understand that either. You tend not to listen to what the great unwashed wants but make plans to do what you believe they need. The two ain't always one and the same.
    if I were an unwashed Democrat, that may be true. or are you using the proverbial 'you'?
    I personally don't underestimate the collective ignornace of the American public, you're correct on that one....

I understand there's a debt problem....a large one...and its currently being dealt with..by both Democrats and Republicans. The fringe elements, those congressmen and woman catering to this Tea Party agenda are effectively being eliminated from the conversation. They should have been shown the door weeks ago. This isn't something that needs political posturing and idealogues.

RoadBikeReview Member
    if I were an unwashed Democrat, that may be true. or are you using the proverbial 'you'?
    I personally don't underestimate the collective ignornace of the American public, you're correct on that one....

I understand there's a debt problem....a large one...and its currently being dealt with..by both Democrats and Republicans. The fringe elements, those congressmen and woman catering to this Tea Party agenda are effectively being eliminated from the conversation. They should have been shown the door weeks ago. This isn't something that needs political posturing and idealogues.
    If the left loses badly in 2012 it will have been their arrogance that got their asses kicked. There is no Democrat or Republican unwashed mass, it's all one and the same and their votes can swing either way. They make up the body politic of this country and politicians that take them for granted or place themselves above them usually get unemployed.

RoadBikeReview Member

you're pretty funny..

If the left loses badly in 2012 it will have been their arrogance that got their asses kicked. There is no Democrat or Republican unwashed mass, it's all one and the same and their votes can swing either way. They make up the body politic of this country and politicians that take them for granted or place themselves above them usually get unemployed.
    Democrats or Republicans don't decide elections....guys and gals like me do.
    Independents and moderates have been deciding elections for decades now. I don't seem a lot of 'arrogance' coming out of the Democratic party lately...much more so from the GOP and their electioneering. The Dems have been quite quiet as of late...

Opus was just napping
    If either side loses because they didn't give in to the stupid. Then I hope they rest well in a very comfy pillow top bed, get serviced by Victoria Secret Models and don't have to work on Tuesdays so they can watch Monday Night Football the whole way through on their big flat screen TV in HD, while munching on applewood smoked thick cut bacon.
    Last edited by thatsmybush; 07-20-2011 at 10:14 AM.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    .Democrats or Republicans don't decide elections....guys like me do.
    Of course. I'll bet you have a decidedly even handed voting record. I've voted for a Democrat here and there but that don't really make me an independent.

Folsom City Blues...
    makes you sound like a bully and a pervert
    Walking on thin ice there bud, this could be construed as a personal attack.

Peace
    Tao Te Ching

Master Lao Tzu

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    If either side loses because they didn't give in to the stupid. Then I hope they rest well in a very comfy pillow top bed, get serviced by Victoria Secret Models and don't have to work on Tuesdays so they can watch Monday Night Football the whole way through.
    They can be comforted by the thought that, "I lost cause THEY were stupid." But I would have thought you guys would be tired of that by now.

RoadBikeReview Member

typically..

do over. internets fail.
    Last edited by bahueh; 07-20-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: double post.

RoadBikeReview Member

typically..

Of course. I'll bet you have a decidedly even handed voting record. I've voted for a Democrat here and there but that don't really make me an independent.
    I vote Republican for some local positions, the occasional congressional seat, and the occasional governor. I did not vote for Bush Jr. either time (to answer your question) and McCain's record of pandering and changing positions was not to my liking. I voted Bush senior once ...as he seemed like a reasonable and thoughtful human being (the last pragmatist we had before BO), unlike his son. Clinton once.

does my personal voting history make you happier, now?

Covfefe
    That applies to both sides. We probably disagree about whom has displayed the most overreaching arrogance since the last election.
    "Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

RoadBikeReview Member
    I vote Republican for some local positions, the occasional congressional seat, and the occasional governor. I did not vote for Bush Jr. either time (to answer your question) and McCain's record of pandering and changing positions was not to my liking. I voted Bush senior once ...as he seemed like a reasonable and thoughtful human being (the last pragmatist we had before BO), unlike his son. Clinton once.

does my personal voting history make you happier, now?
    It really makes no difference to me. I would have won a wager though. The thing about human nature though is that nobody has a monopoly on stupid. The very best politicians know how to use it even if they don't agree with it.

Opus was just napping
    They can be comforted by the thought that, "I lost cause THEY were stupid." But I would have thought you guys would be tired of that by now.
    No, you lose because you wouldn't go along with stupidity.
    Then you sleep well at night, knowing that stupid isn't the ruling majority and in the morning Marisa Miller takes care of your morning "issue."
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Folsom City Blues...
    Just that the repubs will take back control of the Senate, maintain control of the House and win the WH. No bets on the spending.
    The Republicans won the necessary seats to take control of the House because the American citizen is fed up with the reckless, out-of-control, deficit spending by the Dems.
    I am willing to bet that this sentiment carries on into the next election and not only is control of the House maintained, but the Senate and Presidency will be regained. Only then will this spending be curtailed. Happy days are soon to be here again.
    Just saying.

Peace
    Tao Te Ching

Master Lao Tzu

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast