Why the Republicans won the mid-terms and will win again
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Why the Republicans won the mid-terms and will win again

The Republicans won the necessary seats to take control of the House because the American citizen is fed up with the reckless, out-of-control, deficit spending by the Dems.
    I am willing to bet that this sentiment carries on into the next election and not only is control of the House maintained, but the Senate and Presidency will be regained. Only then will this spending be curtailed. Happy days are soon to be here again.
    Last edited by jarbiker; 07-19-2011 at 05:40 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2003
    Because electing republicans reigns in spending?

Ricardo Cabeza
    so let's exchange that for the reckless out of control deficit spending of the republicans. sounds like a plan
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    Lotta ifs, but... if the economy doesn't pick up, and If Rick Perry runs and grabs the nomination, he'll probably take the WH, as long as Bachmann isn't on the ticket. I used to think she'd be a viable VP choice (purely in terms of her electability), but now I think she's too divisive even in the Republican party. So Perry wins with some as-yet unnamed VP, Dems regain control of the House, and Senate stays in Dem hands.

Incumbents out, fresh faces in, Senate stays the same. Still, the President has raised a staggering amount of money, I believe more than all the others put together. His machine is rarin' to go.
    Hell is other posters

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Quote Originally Posted by jarbiker View Post
    The Republicans won the necessary seats to take control of the House because the American citizen is fed up with the reckless, out-of-control, deficit spending by the Dems.
    I am willing to bet that this sentiment carries on into the next election and not only is control of the House maintained, but the Senate and Presidency will be regained. Only then will this spending be curtailed. Happy days are soon to be here again.
    How did you feel about GW Bush and Cheney's spending?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    That may turn out to be true, but it's BS. The pubs are just as bad as the dems when it comes to spending more than they have.

But they're definitely winning the propaganda war.

Most of the things pubs like to talk about cutting are drops in the bucket. Until we're willing to massively cut "defense" spending, it's going to be well near impossible to not spend more than they take in.

Perry..?!?

he's so transparently fake.

it's almost like a parody of George W. Bush, with his facial gestures exaggerated and words over-articulated.

if the GOP wants an Elmer Gantry type they should run this guy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    You are right on target ... there will be no buyers remorse come 2012:

I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

Big is relative
    If they can get past the NFC East thing (Cowboys, Giants), Rick Perry and Chris Christie would be hard to beat as running mates.
    Retired sailor

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    You are right on target ... there will be no buyers remorse come 2012:
    You are right on target ... and because of the buyers remorse there won't be the turnout come 11/6/2012 that there was on 11/4/2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37150...eature=related
    "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule
    of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence."

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    so let's exchange that for the reckless out of control deficit spending of the republicans. sounds like a plan
    Andy has hit the nail on the head.

///thread over.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member

Along time ago

I used to be a Republican. I like the ideas that Republican espouse: smaller government, people generally being left alone, etc.

But then I started noticing that conservatives are always in everybody's business; they want people to be left alone...as long as those people live them. I also noticed that they were spending just as much $$$ (if not more) than the Dems.

I figured: as long as someone's giving my money away, they might as well give it to poor people rather than people who already have a bunch of it.

I guess that's a round-about way of saying that I disagree. There's absolutely no evidence that, should the Repubs regain control, that spending will be reigned it...in fact, quite the opposite.

-Smarty

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by il sogno View Post
    How did you feel about GW Bush and Cheney's spending?
    I personally don't approve of any deficit spending but the populace obviously didn't and doesn't like the direction that the country is going in now. I don't think the populace appreciated having health care shoved down our throats and the economy is still in the tank and teetering on the edge of collapse. There will be massive change again in the next election. Now do I think all of the problems will magically go away - hell no. Nobody knows how to fix this mess. When 40 percent of the GDP or whatever the figure is is going to pay the interest on the debt you are f*cked.

I realize this post is very "simplistic" in its nature, I don't have supporting graphs and figures and whatever, but is is based on common sense. Unfortunately common sense seems to be in short supply in our governing body these days.

xxl
    ...I am willing to bet that this sentiment carries on into the next election and not only is control of the House maintained, but the Senate and Presidency will be regained. Only then will this spending be curtailed. Happy days are soon to be here again.
    You seem quite sure of your position; are you giving odds? Because I'd cover that bet.

But then, I take candy from babies all the time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    You seem quite sure of your position; are you giving odds? Because I'd cover that bet.

How about 2-1 - you specify the amount.

RoadBikeReview Member

and I'd be careful about boasting about taking candy from babies - makes you sound like a bully and a pervert, plus you might not be able to handle this "baby".

xxl
    How about 2-1 - you specify the amount.
    Just so we're clear, you're giving 2 to 1 that this next election, the GOP will cover all the Houses, White, Senatorial, and Representative, and federal spending will be curtailed???

My god, this is too easy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnkleChop View Post
    You are right on target ... and because of the buyers remorse there won't be the turnout come 11/6/2012 that there was on 11/4/2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37150...eature=related
    Not necessary given these stellar GOP performance;

Ryan Budget:

*** cuts 700,000 jobs,

*** increases national debt by over $4 Trillion

*** cuts Medicare and SS to pay the communist Chinese and British Petroleum

*** doesn't cut military spending

*** protects the Lindsey Lohan wealth redistribution shemes for the elite 2%
    I am 100% convinced the internet and social media are not the salvation to human civility.

xxl
    and I'd be careful about boasting about taking candy from babies - makes you sound like a bully and a pervert, plus you might not be able to handle this "baby".
    Fishing in a barrel.
    Chicken hunting in a henhouse.
    Trolling for chicks in a brothel.

Pick your metaphor, I don't care.

And everybody knows babies shouldn't have candy anyway. They might choke on it.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    Not necessary given these stellar GOP performance;

Ryan Budget:

*** cuts 700,000 jobs,

*** increases national debt by over $4 Trillion

*** cuts Medicare and SS to pay the communist Chinese and British Petroleum

*** doesn't cut military spending

*** protects the Lindsey Lohan wealth redistribution shemes for the elite 2%
    So it is a "winner" then?
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just so we're clear, you're giving 2 to 1 that this next election, the GOP will cover all the Houses, White, Senatorial, and Representative, and federal spending will be curtailed???

My god, this is too easy.

Just that the repubs will take back control of the Senate, maintain control of the House and win the WH. No bets on the spending.

Covfefe
    I personally don't approve of any deficit spending but the populace obviously didn't and doesn't like the direction that the country is going in now. I don't think the populace appreciated having health care shoved down our throats and the economy is still in the tank and teetering on the edge of collapse. There will be massive change again in the next election. Now do I think all of the problems will magically go away - hell no. Nobody knows how to fix this mess. When 40 percent of the GDP or whatever the figure is is going to pay the interest on the debt you are f*cked.

I realize this post is very "simplistic" in its nature, I don't have supporting graphs and figures and whatever, but is is based on common sense. Unfortunately common sense seems to be in short supply in our governing body these days.

Funny sh!t. Why do cons behave like saying things that aren't even close true is a virtue?
    "Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bricoleur View Post

he's so transparently fake.

it's almost like a parody of George W. Bush, with his facial gestures exaggerated and words over-articulated.
    sadly, Perry is the governor of my state and is the personification of vapid doucheness.

altho it's hard to imagine, but he is an intellectually-inferior version of Dubya. take away the hair and the teeth and all that's left is a walking sphincter muscle.

regardless of your political outlook, you really don't want this loser in the WH.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

Not Banned

so increasing the debt by 70% is okay

that deficit spending was acceptable, especially with no economic growth to go along with it.....

health care wasn't shoved, it took almost a year of debate filled with lies and distortions from the right "Death Panels"
    most folks are happy with medicare which is Govt Healthcare

The GOP has a sour economy on their side
    What they have going against them is they have no one to appeal to the middle and nothing in their 2 year track record for the economy to say "Look we can help this"
    Keeping the Bush tax cuts is not popular with about 70% of the country
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast