Women's Rights, Men's Too - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by nayr497 View Post
    Meanwhile in North Caroline we have the GOP proposing the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Act.

Jeez. Every time I think they've taken decency, logic, reality, science, their "beliefs" and general life in the U.S. to a new low, Republicans come up with some new nonsense to get worked up about, while we slowly allow things that matter to be destroyed by a few corrupt politicians.

We must defend the rights of a collection of cells! Global warming? Fake news! Humans and animals and plants and all forms of life dying because we're strangling the planet? Nah, I don't believe it's happening. And if it is, God wants it to happen.

But I'll be damned if you kill some cells...
    As long as you realize it just your opinion and not facts.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Riders View Post
    I've already given several examples:
    Nah, you gave a several strawmen that have nothing to do with the discussion
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.

-Robert Mueller

RoadBikeReview Member
    As long as you realize it just your opinion and not facts.
    Which part. Global warming? That we're destroying all sorts of life forms? That people are defending the "rights" of a few cells but denying that we're killing the planet we live on?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2019
    Which part. Global warming? That we're destroying all sorts of life forms? That people are defending the "rights" of a few cells but denying that we're killing the planet we live on?
    I'm not one to claim that a few cells is a person. At what point they become a person is all opinion.

Life forms come and go. Just ask the dinosaurs.

In the age before the dinos, there was just one continent with all the rain on the coasts and little to none in the middle. Temps were far higher than they are now. As other changes took place, increased rainfall, for example, more plants grew which absorbed more carbon dioxide which moderated the climate.

My point is that this ecosystem is more complex than current science understands. It's very hard to know what consequences are going to be the result of higher temps over say, 250 years.

Is it smart to limit man's footprint? Sure. But alarmist talk when we know so little is not helpful.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    alarmist talk when we know so little is not helpful.
    Just because you are ignorant about the topic do not assume everyone else is.
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.

-Robert Mueller

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Is it smart to limit man's footprint? Sure. But alarmist talk when we know so little is not helpful.
    Who is the "we" you speak of. Or was that a typo and you meant "I"?
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm not one to claim that a few cells is a person. At what point they become a person is all opinion.

Life forms come and go. Just ask the dinosaurs.

In the age before the dinos, there was just one continent with all the rain on the coasts and little to none in the middle. Temps were far higher than they are now. As other changes took place, increased rainfall, for example, more plants grew which absorbed more carbon dioxide which moderated the climate.

My point is that this ecosystem is more complex than current science understands. It's very hard to know what consequences are going to be the result of higher temps over say, 250 years.

Oh my. The ....we need to study this more before we realize we're destroying the planet. Yep! Sure!! Great reasoning.

Opus was just napping
    I would like to thank Ariana Grande.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/12/enter...ood/index.html
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oh my. The ....we need to study this more before we realize we're destroying the planet. Yep! Sure!! Great reasoning.
    Can the canard about the ice age of the 70's be far behind?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2019
    The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Can you tell me about the evidence for the planet being destroyed?

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Can you tell me about the evidence for the planet being destroyed?
    Is your google broken?
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345