Wow, Chris Matthews just Ripped Torie Clarke on Hardball
    Soon to be banned

Wow, Chris Matthews just Ripped Torie Clarke on Hardball

Man, I actually felt sorry for her. Talk about a deer in the headlights... Chris usually remains balanced, but I think his frustration about the war caused him to unload on her.

Clarke is somewhat of a lightweight. Chris should pose the exact same questions to Rumsfeld and Cheney and Bush...et al.

Torie Clarke was the spokesperson for the Pentagon '01-'03. She was also the press secretary for Bush 41. She's been on the talk show circuit promoting her new book "Lipstick on a Pig: Winning in the No-Spin Era by Someone Who Knows the Game."
    Last edited by spyderman; 02-08-2006 at 03:15 PM.
    "Walmart ... Where else can you crush your business competition, and yet, serve and control the lumpenproletariat." Mr. Grumpy

السلام عليكم

Not Banned

Chris MAtthews is a pu$$y

he's been a NeoCon lapdog for 6 years, now smelling blood in the water he decides to grow some stones. just big enough to pick on a lightweight.

lame, agreed try that with some heavy hitters Chris
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Daylight Fading

ATP, you're wrong about Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie
    he's been a NeoCon lapdog for 6 years, now smelling blood in the water he decides to grow some stones. just big enough to pick on a lightweight.

lame, agreed try that with some heavy hitters Chris
    He can lob some softballs, but he's no neo con lapdog. Anything but. Do you watch him? I can't believe that you do or you wouldn't have said that.

Sorry, bud. I usually agree with most of what you add here, but not on this one.

BT
    "If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts." A. Duritz

off the back
    he's practically been doing public relations work for tom delay lately.
    "Damn. Y'all murdered the sh*t out that mutherf***er"

Soon to be banned
    I haven't been able to pin down Matthews. He's been straddling the fence for far far too long. If he feels this way then he has got to take real shots, at real targets, not powder puffs like Torie Clarke.
    "Walmart ... Where else can you crush your business competition, and yet, serve and control the lumpenproletariat." Mr. Grumpy

السلام عليكم

Daylight Fading

Fair enough comment

Quote Originally Posted by spyderman
    I haven't been able to pin down Matthews. He's been straddling the fence for far far too long. If he feels this way then he has got to take real shots, at real targets, not powder puffs like Torie Clarke.
    but I think that he remains somewhat neutral because, well, that's what a reporter should do. You are right though, he needs to "bring it" to the table when he gets some of his better/more important guests. Olberman on the other hand, is friggin hilarious.

BT
    "If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts." A. Duritz

Soon to be banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kpcw
    Bought Matthews a beer and a hotdog outside Yankee Stadium at the 1998 World Series. I walked up to him, "Hey Chris, are we gonna see some hardball here tonight or what?" He was waiting for his tickets to arrive.

We spoke of the upcoming Presidential Election. I told him GW was gonna be # 1 and my question was who would be the VP. He mentioned Governor George Pataki (NY) and I told him flatly, "Pataki is powdered milk and the VP is at least a 2% milk/job." He laughed. Pataki is weak, cannot do anything but get a cushy Cabinet job etc, imho.

Anyway, Matthews is no Reagan-Republican for sure. He was a speech writer for 4 years under President Carter. He leans well to the left, imo.
    That's kool! Matthews is one of the talking heads I wouldn't mind running into.

Yankee Stadium + World Series = Life Long Wet Dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sat behind the net during the '94 NYR/NJ conference playoffs.

السلام عليكم

Not Banned

yes I've watched Matthews Softball

where he may ask a semi-tough question and then never follows it up. has the opportunity to put someone on the hotspot and retreats. lame. if this is what is supposed to be tough liberal media it shows how far we've swung to the right.

I'm sorry, I tried to like him. He let me down too many times

Not Banned

other Great Moments in Liberal Media Conspiracy

'Libby' Time Magazine Reporters aware they were misleading public about Rove in regards to Plamegate

http://mediamatters.org/items/200602070006

Libby "CNN" edits standing ovation at King Funeral

http://mediamatters.org/items/200602080008

Libby PBS Jim Leher fails to challenge Dick on his BS

http://mediamatters.org/items/200602090001

yeah so frickin lefty.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderman
    Man, I actually felt sorry for her. Talk about a deer in the headlights... Chris usually remains balanced, but I think his frustration about the war caused him to unload on her.

Clarke is somewhat of a lightweight. Chris should pose the exact same questions to Rumsfeld and Cheney and Bush...et al.

Torie Clarke was the spokesperson for the Pentagon '01-'03. She was also the press secretary for Bush 41. She's been on the talk show circuit promoting her new book "Lipstick on a Pig: Winning in the No-Spin Era by Someone Who Knows the Game."
    She musta been doing the rounds--she was on The Daily Show last night as well--Stewart made her admit some stuff she didn't want to admit, but all in all I thought she hung pretty tough.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

yellow is mellow
    Nov 2001
    Hard to find a fair and balanced reporter these days- Dan Rather's the only one.
    The nail that sticks out gets hammered down

Not Banned

Dan Rather was set up

Rove fed him that story (that he created so they could tear it down) to
    a) discredit Dan and cost him his position
    b) create more doubt in the media by the public
    c) take the pressure off of W's lack of service while they swiftboated Kerry

Soon to be banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    She musta been doing the rounds--she was on The Daily Show last night as well--Stewart made her admit some stuff she didn't want to admit, but all in all I thought she hung pretty tough.
    Yeah, I caught her on the Daily Show too. While John was pointed in his questions, pointing out current spin coming from the WH, they were softballs compared to what Matthews threw. I'm sure Stewart realized you can't convert the brainwashed.

I don't think she was expecting it from Matthews. He pretty much held her accountable for the war and what led up to it. When he went off on her she replied with "you made about 18 points in your rant" and that really pissed him off.

I can't blame him for attacking someone who is promoting the Bush/NeoCon agenda on the book circuit. Someone needs to hold these idiots accountable. I only wish he'd do it with someone a little more responsible for this mess.

السلام عليكم