RoadBikeReview Member

2018 TdF General Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Hi all, we donít seem to have a general discussion thread so I figured Iíd go ahead and make one. 3 sprint stages in and itís a nervous race. It seems like the battling for position is heating up hotter and further from the finish than usual? Also, there seems to be more time being won and lost among GC contenders due to crashes and hold ups behind them?

more so, Iím wondering what yíall think of a stage 3 TTT. Itís a beautiful thing to see, a fabulous race and a unique skill set, but the effect on the early GC is kind of weird.

Anyway, been an interesting race so far, for sprinting especially.
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Actually Valverde made a comment about the crashes and GC guys getting caught out when asked by the Spanish media. His comment was that he hasn't seen anything unusual about this Tour so far. Crashes will always happen and a GC hopeful will always get caught out by one during the first week at some point or other. He said to avoid them you have to be lucky, have good bike handling skills, and be good at reading race situations or a combination of the three.

As for the TTT, I love watching a good TTT team do a TTT it's a thing of beauty which BMC and Quickstep again showed. On the other hand, you have teams like Movistar that don't even do team training camps let alone work on TTTs. They and other teams that aren't very good are painful to watch.

Any for Movistar's part, Valverde's only comment on the TTT was We're fine. The time loss is within what we expected. Landa's comment was if someone had told me Alejandro and I would be up 2 seconds on Froome after the TTT I'd have taken it and just started with stage 4 and been very happy. I'm very happy.