An actual valid excuse
    RoadBikeReview Member

An actual valid excuse

Well at least a valid explanation which does include not the best of form, but swallowing a bee and getting stung in the inside is going to have a negative effect on the rest of your race.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/valv...eche-wallonne/

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Wearing that World Championís kit just doesnít turn out well for some guys.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    It doesn't. He also apparently crashed on Thursday and got hurt bad enough that is why he abandoned LBL. They said he's going to have an x-ray either Monday or Tuesday. If he needs an x-ray he should have already had the x-ray BEFORE allowing him to race today.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I can sympathize with that bee sting. I once got a bee in the mouth and it stung me on the lip. That swelled up a lot and really was painful for a few hours.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Crawler View Post
    I can sympathize with that bee sting. I once got a bee in the mouth and it stung me on the lip. That swelled up a lot and really was painful for a few hours.
    Me too. One flew into my bike helmet through one of the vents when I was out on a ride when I lived in Oregon. He stung the mess out my head and it was swollen for a couple of days. Extremely painful stuff. Not fun at all.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashadabd View Post
    Me too. One flew into my bike helmet through one of the vents when I was out on a ride when I lived in Oregon. He stung the mess out my head and it was swollen for a couple of days. Extremely painful stuff. Not fun at all.
    I had a wasp get into my helmet and sting my skull before I could get the helmet off. Wasn't enjoyable but has to be better than in the throat or back of the mouth where some swelling could sure make it tough to breath.
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    velodog, that had to be scary as well, but yes at least it wouldn't have affected your breathing.

Oh and another injury. He crashed last Thursday and hurt his tailbone. For some reason they didn't get x-rays done then and let him race LBL. He got the x-rays on Monday and he has bone edema. He should never have been allowed to race LBL as they could have made it worse and made the healing time longer. There's now a strong possibility he may not race the Giro. Sounds like the team is letting him decide if he can race the Giro or not and he likely has until a few days before the Giro starts to make that decision.

RoadBikeReview Member
    He setting the story for when they match the next blood bags.
    I believe the children are the future. Teach them well and let them lead the way.