Adrian Karsten

Thread: Adrian Karsten

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003

Adrian Karsten

Can't believe no one has brought up his apparent suicide yet?

One in the long line of non-cycling TV guys (Varsha, Trautwig, etc.) brought in to relate the sport to the largely ignorant American public. Perhaps the most overly melodramatic of the bunch who found his true niche in covering Ironman races which is all about the melodramatic human interest pieces.

Was he the first on OLN? I can't remember whether he was on ESPN first, and then Varsha, who is a motorsports guy, was first on OLN to be replaced by Karsten. Karsten was on OLN at some point, no?

It's in the game!

I found this

I don't think 11 months are that bad but then he would have still owed almost $300,000 to the IRS. Once the IRS gets a hold of you I guess it's over with.

ESPN REPORTER SUICIDE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    September 5, 2005 -- FORMER ESPN reporter Adrian Karsten, facing a prison tax rap, was found dead, an apparent suicide, in his Wisconsin home, officials said yesterday.
    Cops declined to provide details but Karsten's ex-wife told The Post that investigators have labeled it a suicide.

Karsten pleaded guilty in July to failing to report about $607,000 in income he made as a sideline reporter for ESPN college football games between 1999 and 2002.

He was sentenced to serve 11 months in prison and nine months home confinement.

He was supposed to report to a federal lockup in Rochester...