Cervelos tactics today?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008

Cervelos tactics today?

I keep on seeing little statements about cervelos tactics in todays giro but no one has gone into detail. Anyone know what happened?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktch45
    I keep on seeing little statements about cervelos tactics in todays giro but no one has gone into detail. Anyone know what happened?
    Serge Pauwels was in a two man breakaway that seemed to have it made, to the finish line. For some reason, Cervelo called him back leaving Bertagnolli in a solo breakaway, who ultimately got the win.

It was unclear why Pauwels was held back. There was speculation that Sastre might have needed him but in the end, Pauwels probably would have won the stage since he has a better sprint than Bertagnolli.

So the questionable Cervelo tactic was taking Pauwels out of the lead breakaway in a stage that he likely would have won.

Lemur-ing
    Like Lance said: I wouldn't want to be at the Cervelo dinner table.

No kidding.

F bombs away maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady
    If I can get some more tomorrow.... I thought it'd grow on me but I'm not feelin' it....wait..
    Allez United!

Glory, Glory Man United, and the Reds go marching on!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    ooooooooooo

RoadBikeReview Member
    awesome! except for PAUWELS......

Resident Dutchbag
    Sastre asked for support and the decision was made to make Pauwels fall back to pull for Sastre. By the time Pauwels finally was told to stop (he was very much disinclined to do so), the situation had changed and Sastre didn't need any support to keep his place in the GC. Cervelo claims that radio reception was poor, but Pauwels says he could hear Jean Paul van Poppel who was in the car behind Sastre. Seems that the communication breakdown was due to human error... The commentators on Sporza were more than a little dismayed at this.
    Originally posted by thatsmybush:
    I can only speak for my self, but if Fergie wanted to rub her lovely lady lumps on me, I could play the role of "human stripper pole."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktch45
    I watched the stage last night. Other than the Pauwels screw up, I couldn't figure out for the life of me why the QS rider Seeldrayers seemed to be doing so much work, practically killing himself at times, to bring back Garzelli/Basso?