CVV - Corvette

Thread: CVV - Corvette

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005

CVV - Corvette

Saw this article on cyclingnews.com:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/20...ndevelde_jan09

What kind of coin is CVV making where he can buy a corvette as an impulse buy?

Lexicon Devil
    A Corvette has a starting MSRP of $50K, and figure on about $10K of that price getting chopped off at the sales desk.

A Z06, is $75K at MSRP.

A Corvette ain't a Ferrari –*most regular joes, with some saving, can own one. Even if that regular joe is one of best cyclists in the country, with a likely salary of upwards of $500K per year.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I know I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a black on black vette the next time I'm out near Lemont/Homer Glen.

I really like that sort of 'regular guy' aspect of most American professionals. What a cool way to earn a living huh?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rensho
    I really like that sort of 'regular guy' aspect of most American professionals. What a cool way to earn a living huh?
    Huh? Same as the vast majority of European pros too.
    Only difference is that most US pros stay in the US, so the majority in Europe are high profile.

your text here
    i like seeing that he just hangs his bikes in the garage. and that he rides the trails (palos heights?) on the cross bike in the offseason.
    but this has been a hellish winter. so much snow has made the trails difficult to even attempt.

last year he simultaed hills by riding into the wind, as there is plenty of that out here. he says this year he has been doin more core workouts than rides to get his body ready. lets see how that works for him.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    "gangsta rap colouring book"? Weirdest photo ever.

Anti-Hero
    I used to have a copy of that. I colored in the "Ice-T" one and hung it on the wall of my office next to a photo of a Banksy stencil.
    No turkey unless it's a club sandwich
    Brickhouse Blog

banned
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by n26ryan
    Saw this article on cyclingnews.com:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/20...ndevelde_jan09

What kind of coin is CVV making where he can buy a corvette as an impulse buy?
    Christen has been making good money for a while. When he was the "next big thing" on Postal he was able to get a really good deal out of them....over $400k a year on a two year deal. Caused some jealously as most on Postal were paid crap. When he did not perform as well as they thought he should he was not resigned and went to Liberty and CSC. A guess would be in the $150-200k range those years.He was on the 2006 CSC Tour team when Sastre got 3rd so he made at least $30-40K on that race alone. He had a good year last year. With Bonuses, prize money, endorsements, and image rights he is over $500k again.