• 07-20-2010
    ZoSoSwiM
    France in Le Tour De France
    6 stage wins this year by France. They must be extremely happy over there. If memory serves me correctly they've had a fairly poor showing the past few years. Good for them!

Not trying to start any arguments.. just discussing this aspect of le tour.
  • 07-20-2010
    jptaylorsg
    Agree. Good for them.

And I've always liked Voekler and Sandy Casar.

They're in the driver's seat for the KOM jersey, too. I'd like to see Moreau win it at his age.

All in all, I think they can be very proud of their country's showing.
  • 07-20-2010
    JCavilia
    Quote:

If memory serves me correctly they've had a fairly poor showing the past few years
    Well, that's one way to put it. Or your could mention that the last French winner of the race was Bernard Hinault 25 years ago . . .

Anyway, vive la France.

And I personally would not express it as wins "by France," but rather, "by French riders." There are no national teams in this race. "France" is not racing. A bunch of French riders are riding on various trade teams, some of them based in France, but many in other countries.
  • 07-20-2010
    Geoffersonspin
    I thought I remember them saying French riders won 5 stages last year. I could be totally wrong though and I don't really have the desire to actually "research" my statement by looking at "facts" which are easily found by a Google search.
  • 07-20-2010
    ZoSoSwiM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JCavilia
    And I personally would not express it as wins "by France," but rather, "by French riders." There are no national teams in this race. "France" is not racing. A bunch of French riders are riding on various trade teams, some of them based in France, but many in other countries.

I think everyone knows what I meant.
  • 07-20-2010
    jptaylorsg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoffersonspin
    I thought I remember them saying French riders won 5 stages last year. I could be totally wrong though and I don't really have the desire to actually "research" my statement by looking at "facts" which are easily found by a Google search.

3 stage wins last year: Feillu, Voekler, Federigo