• 04-28-2017
    LostViking
    3 Attachment(s)
    Giro d'Italia - Stage Four - Spoilers Allowed

Stage Three Results
    Well the crosswinds certainly did come out to play, leading to an unexpected race leader from a team which specializes in crosswinds:

1) Fernando Gaviria (Quick-Step) 14:45:16
    2) André Greipel (Lotto Soudal) 0:00:09
    3) Lukas Pöstlberger (Bora-Hansgrohe) 0:00:13
    4) Bob Jungels (Quick-Step)
    5) Kanstantsin Siutsou (Bahrain-Merida)
    6) Caleb Ewan (Orica-Scott) 0:00:17
    7) Roberto Ferrari (UAE Team Emirates)
    8) Ryan Gibbons (Dimension Data) 0:00:23
    9) Enrico Battaglin (LottoNL-Jumbo)
    10) Sacha Modolo (UAE Team Emirates)

Giro d'Italia - Stage Four

Note: This thread may contain a spoiler. Do not read further until you have seen the stage for yourself or have no objection to a spoiler.

We move to Sicily for Stage Four of the 100th edition of the Giro d'Italia for what may be the first "must-watch" stage. Fernando Gaviria, our young Maglia Rosa will be tested today.

Stage Four: Cefalu to Etna, 181 km

This stage features the first summit finish of this year's Giro. The grinders and mountain goats of the peloton will claw their way up the the Cat 1 slopes of the infamous Mount Etna and the Rams will be separated from the sheep. The true GC contenders will have to show their colors here or risk losing precious seconds or even minutes to their rivals. A bad day here could end your Giro.

Given this, an exchange in the ownership of the Maglia Rosa is more than likely to occur at the stage finishing ceremony in Etna. He who takes the Maglia Rosa here will have earned it...but can he keep it all the way to Milano?

The Profile:
    Attachment 318900
    The Map:
    Attachment 318901
  • 05-07-2017
    PJay
    Time for some Rest Day Smack Talk...

TJ! TJ! TJ! TJ!

uh, wait, why is nobody cheering with me???!!

(Overall, I say Nibali)
  • 05-08-2017
    Jwiffle
    I'd like to see kriiswijk do well, but I expect the stage and pink to go to Quintana or maybe Nibali.

PJay: I'd love to see tj do well, too, and though I think he will be close behind, he'll lose at least a 20-30 seconds.
  • 05-09-2017
    LostViking
    Wow, amazing ride by Jan Polanc (UAE Team)! :thumbsup:

Puts Jungles in Pink.
  • 05-09-2017
    Rashadabd
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LostViking View Post
    Wow, amazing ride by Jan Polanc (UAE Team)! :thumbsup:

Puts Jungles in Pink.

I haven't been able to watch the last kilometers and/or highlights yet, but I am happy to see that QS held on to Pink and that Jungles is in pole position. I will be pulling for him to keep it as long as he can. He's a strong climber and a good TT guy so he has a fighting chance, but beating Quintana and Nibali in that third week if they are at their best will be a real test.