Mayo's not

Thread: Mayo's not

Moderatus Puisne

Mayo's not

On form. Finished 17 minutes down on the winner first serious mountains of the Tour de Suisse; lost 15 minutes to Ullrich. Too bad.

Beloki and Julich only 4 minutes down; Joseba won't have it for Le Tour this year, but maybe he'll be back for a decent Vuelta, or next year...

Heck, 4 more minutes behind Mayo was Tom friggin Boonen. Howsaboutthat?

Too bad, in some ways, for Boonen, that he's going to the Tour to duel for sprinter's stages with Petacchi. But with no Zabel, it may yet make the Green Jersey competition at least sort of interesting...

Back from the dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Argentius
    Too bad, in some ways, for Boonen, that he's going to the Tour to duel for sprinter's stages with Petacchi. But with no Zabel, it may yet make the Green Jersey competition at least sort of interesting...
    Petacchi isn't riding the Tour.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Argentius
    On form. Finished 17 minutes down on the winner first serious mountains of the Tour de Suisse; lost 15 minutes to Ullrich. Too bad.

Beloki and Julich only 4 minutes down; Joseba won't have it for Le Tour this year, but maybe he'll be back for a decent Vuelta, or next year...

Heck, 4 more minutes behind Mayo was Tom friggin Boonen. Howsaboutthat?

Well he was in the day-long break so it's not surprising that he gave up so much time once they were caught. He had figuratively shot his load by that point. However, from the description on-line he was not one of the strongmen of the break, so he certainly seems to have a ways to go if he's going to recapture his form from this time last year and be a player in the Tour.

May 2004

Red face True.

Its sad to see guys lose form from previous years. Who knows if it is a change up for training or lack thereof. I think it goes to show using Aitor Gonzalez, Botero, Kloden, heras as examples that the body can typically not respond well to training some years and others it doesnt. I dont know what kind of training these guys are doing but the body can do funny things...
    Makes you think what kinds of things guys Like Lance and Ullrich do to keep their form close to the top of the sport?????!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Get me to In&Out
    Quote Originally Posted by cannondale_boy
    Its sad to see guys lose form from previous years. Who knows if it is a change up for training or lack thereof. I think it goes to show using Aitor Gonzalez, Botero, Kloden, heras as examples that the body can typically not respond well to training some years and others it doesnt. I dont know what kind of training these guys are doing but the body can do funny things...
    Makes you think what kinds of things guys Like Lance and Ullrich do to keep their form close to the top of the sport?????!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
    Train with one goal in mind. Give it up and post your conspiracy theories in the right forum.
    Cyclists really need to learn a little Rule #5.

May 2004

Lightbulb IN through the OUT door??!!

This was the correct forum, and my thoughts were written in regards to training. Please leave flaming to the correct forum and if you must leave your thoughts, base them on what I wrote, not on what you would like to enflame, monsieur Pyro. Thank-you.

Get me to In&Out
    Sounds loaded to me
    Cyclists really need to learn a little Rule #5.