POLL: Which TFD riders seemed to CRY the most?? Italians, French?
    banned
    Jun 2005

POLL: Which TFD riders seemed to CRY the most??

Well.....notice how some Euro riders seem to bawl alot??? Just curious.

I cried when they cancelled Baywatch, I'll cop to that
    Last edited by jason_21218; 08-02-2005 at 09:40 AM.

Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_21218

Give me a break!!! Are you trying to make fun on someone who abandons a tour. Many times it is someone who suffered a crash and is feeling the effects of it. He may struggle for a week riding 120 miles a day up mountains before his body finnally gives up. And you want to make fun of that video of them crying as they hand number to the race official and take a seat in the team car?

You seem to find something funny in that? Well I think it is inspiring. I would love to be half the cyclist of anyone who strugggles to make it within the time limit the day after a crash or while suffering from some stomach illness.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_21218

Oh come on!!!! Whining is the French national pastime. The frogs protest everything. "the peloton at two speeds" hypothesis has to be the official Whine of the Tour.

http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/8622.0.html

For president!
    Quote Originally Posted by patchito
    Oh come on!!!! Whining is the French national pastime. The frogs protest everything. "the peloton at two speeds" hypothesis has to be the official Whine of the Tour.

Sarcasm: And those darn jews runnin hollywood too!

I believe the term frog should be used when referring to amphibians, not your fellow man. While I have nothing against making fun of the french, using slurs won't help your case.

Silas

RoadBikeReview Member

Utah CragHopper alert! Making fun of the French again! Aooohhhgggaaaaahhh

May 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by SilasCL
    I believe the term frog should be used when referring to amphibians, not your fellow man. While I have nothing against making fun of the french, using slurs won't help your case.
    Trying to coax bigots into becoming enlightened human beings doesn't work. Society just has to wait for their kind to die out so it can be transformed into a something better.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't point them out and hold them up to public scorn. If you let them get away with it they walk away feeling they are okay instead of the human garbage they really are.

Current bigot list:

patchito
    wipeout
    LifeLover

banned
    Jun 2005

Will SOMEONE answer original question though??

Seriously, which TDF nationalities seem to cry the most. Don't get all political, this isn't THAT complicated of a question. I'm really counting on you guys.....

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005

McEwen

I don't guess you could really call him a crybaby, but McEwen certainly whines aplenty everytime he gets called to account for his shenanigans. And he prefaces every denial with "I'm the first to admit it when I'm wrong, but . . . ." He's fast, but I can't stand him.

Now Jens Voigt, there's a standup guy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilasCL
    Sarcasm: And those darn jews runnin hollywood too!

Silas
    I consider it a collective nickname. ;)

Besides, if making fun of the French is the goal (in this case is was) then using choice names may actually help my case and make the jibe more funny. But since you're the audience, then that's up to your judgement.

As for me being a bigot and "human garbage" (thx UtahHagFlopper), I should parenthetically remark that I've bicycled through France on my own, have taught myself the language (or I've tried) and am a great admirer of French culture, cuisine and its people. That doesn't mean they don't have a few cultural traits that I'm not shy of making fun of.

In my experience with trolls and flame baiters, they are usually the first to point fingers and accuse others of the unsavory characteristics that they themselves possess in spades. It's called projection.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Utah CragHopper
    Trying to coax bigots into becoming enlightened human beings doesn't work. Society just has to wait for their kind to die out so it can be transformed into a something better.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't point them out and hold them up to public scorn. If you let them get away with it they walk away feeling they are okay instead of the human garbage they really are.

Current bigot list:

patchito
    wipeout
    LifeLover
    He who lives in glass houses:

"bigot: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices"

should not throw stones. By being a bigot hater (I am not a bigot, thank you), you classify yourself as a bigot. Bwah hah.

Watch some European Football if you want to see a lot of crying with rolling around in fake anquish. I know some of the hits hurt, but come on, a tap in the back and BAM, on the ground wailing in pain?

Sooper Dooper Moderator!

Zabriskie

Well, Dave Zabriskie (USA) looked a bit teary eyed when he abandoned.

May 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by harlond
    I don't guess you could really call him a crybaby, but McEwen certainly whines aplenty everytime he gets called to account for his shenanigans. And he prefaces every denial with "I'm the first to admit it when I'm wrong, but . . . ." He's fast, but I can't stand him.

Now Jens Voigt, there's a standup guy.
    McEwen is definitely the king of the whiners, but I can't recall the other aussies being that way. McEwen has an excuse every time he loses. Just once I would like to hear him say, "I got my arse kicked out there. He was better than me today," when he loses.

As for whining, let's not forget David Miller.

Voight does seem to be a stand up guy. And you don't see Ullrich making excuses either, nor Zabel. I nominate the germans as the most stand up guys in the peloton.

There is a prima donna thing going with a some italian stars, but I wouldn't really call it whining.
    Last edited by Utah CragHopper; 08-02-2005 at 06:05 PM.

May 2003
    It's called projection.
    Gosh, I guess I shouldn't feel insulted. It's just good old boy Patchumpo making enthic slurs as a joke.

I suppose next you'll tell us that when you call african americans "n!ggers" it's just projection when they get angry.

likes to eat donuts
    I guess there's a little racism in every culture.

Uri nara manse.
    Quote Originally Posted by piano,piano
    I guess there's a little racism in every culture.
    You think?

It's human nature for us to poke fun at those who are different, whether it's socially acceptable or not.
    ____o^o__o^o__o^o____o^o___o^o___________

Visit my shop for cool cycling shirts: the Q factory. More designs to be added later.

Check out my blog

“Don’t hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep.” - Theodore Roosevelt

flinty-eyed moderator

Thumbs down

I think a few people need to review the Forum Guidelines again..

Closed.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.