RBR Fantasy Giro - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Well my team is bad, although not actually imploding, just bad.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by KoroninK View Post
    Well my team is bad, although not actually imploding, just bad.
    We’ve recovered since then. Don’t have a sprinter anymore, but the time trials are helping my squad out. If they can avoid more injuries and hold their own in the mountains, we should be ok (hopefully). Sprint stages obviously sink is now though.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    On to the mountains....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashadabd View Post
    We’ve recovered since then. Don’t have a sprinter anymore, but the time trials are helping my squad out. If they can avoid more injuries and hold their own in the mountains, we should be ok (hopefully). Sprint stages obviously sink is now though.
    I don't have a sprinter anymore either. I really need De Gendt to get out in some breaks. That is why he's on my team, to get those break points. I'm hoping Kuss will be up there for Roglic in the mountains. That's why he's on my team.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I don't have a sprinter anymore either. I really need De Gendt to get out in some breaks. That is why he's on my team, to get those break points. I'm hoping Kuss will be up there for Roglic in the mountains. That's why he's on my team.
    It looks like I had a pretty solid day today. Waiting for scores to confirm. Roglic is in prime position to win this thing if he can avoid a setback.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Sigh. I wish people would talk about the race itself instead of their own teams. This is the best race/grand tour each year and the most difficult for me to get to watch. The next couple of days will be exciting and the organizers are getting quite good at leaving the race up in the air until the last stage or two. I wish NBC Sports Gold would get Italiano. I think Carapaz is gonna take it, but I hope Landa doesn't throw a wrench into the mess.

I miss LostViking.....

RoadBikeReview Member
    2k to go and my man Chaves just launched, hope he can hold on.
    In reference to the Assault on Mt Mitchell...
    Quote Originally Posted by merckx56
    The easier solution is to find a biker bar in Spartanburg the night before, go in and pick a fight. The ass-whipping you'll get will be far less painful than the one Mitchell will give you the next day!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    Sigh. I wish people would talk about the race itself instead of their own teams. This is the best race/grand tour each year and the most difficult for me to get to watch. The next couple of days will be exciting and the organizers are getting quite good at leaving the race up in the air until the last stage or two. I wish NBC Sports Gold would get Italiano. I think Carapaz is gonna take it, but I hope Landa doesn't throw a wrench into the mess.

I miss LostViking.....
    I've been catching the live coverage most mornings on Eurosport. Will be an interesting last mountain stage then the time trial on Sunday. Sure has been a good year for the breakaway riders.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post

I miss LostViking.....
    I think all it really takes is someone picking up the mantle of starting a thread for each race. If you build it, we will chat on it I'm sure.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Another great Giro is in the books. It was fun to follow even though I didn't end up watching as many full stages as usual. Thank you to everyone that played and congrats to the victor. I ended up the bridesmaid in both the Giro and the TOC, but I am way ok with that; you guys/gals are no easy win. Looking forward to more. It sounds like Dauphine and the Ladies Tour are up next. Let's try to get some race threads going too as we take in the TdF warm up races. Thanks again.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Although I had a couple of good picks, I ended up closer to the back of the field than the front, thanks again to all who played.
    In reference to the Assault on Mt Mitchell...
    Quote Originally Posted by merckx56
    The easier solution is to find a biker bar in Spartanburg the night before, go in and pick a fight. The ass-whipping you'll get will be far less painful than the one Mitchell will give you the next day!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks to all who played. I ended up in the middle of the pack.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks to all who played. I ended up in the middle of the pack.
    My team exploded like a cheap taco!

Congrats to all … on to the TDF!!!
    Snakebit: "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have a source? I don't make a note of everything I see or hear on the internet and you don't have to take my word for it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12