Slipstream in the Tour - Who's riding?
    la dolce vita

Slipstream in the Tour - Who's riding?

Who do you think will make the tour team?
    insert witty comment here

More cowbell!
    Millar, Vande Velde, Zabriskie definite
    Danielson if he can get his act together
    perhaps Lowe
    DFL > DNF > DNS

Back from the dead
    Cozza. You can't deny the stache!

gastarbeiter
    backstedt.
    We have differences but we're not made different. If you don't agree with me, you're wrong. - Clement Greenberg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2005
    gotta figure farrar and dean for flatter stages

Cannot bench own weight
    I think every one has picked the team already.
    77th highest post count as of 9/4/2008

la dolce vita
    What about a tempo engine like Pate as part of the mix.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Better question is who is on high road?

Shirtcocker
    Article in Boulder paper

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008...france-invite/
    The team began as a developmental squad in 2003 with mostly young riders. It has grown into a world-class organization, and this is the first year it has seriously had a chance to compete in the Tour.
    Riders with previous Tour experience on the team include David Millar, David Zabriskie, Christian Vande Velde, Magnus Backstedt and Julian Dean.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

la dolce vita
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    The article is written so that it sounds like Vaughters is from Boulder. The team is Boulder based, but last time I checked Vaughters is still living in the Congress Park area of Denver.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2001
    ^ this changes everything. i am so disillusioned now.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mootsie
    The article is written so that it sounds like Vaughters is from Boulder. The team is Boulder based, but last time I checked Vaughters is still living in the Congress Park area of Denver.
    Dunno...maybe he moved?
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

RoadBikeReview Member
    I see a few Slipstream cars in Boulder. One is on the way to the dog park. Looks like it has been parked for a few weeks so must be somebody racing in Europe.

Hopefully they can field a team that can make it 3 weeks. I wish them luck. Big learning experience with the Tour & the Giro.

Still definitly not the best racers in the best race. Bummer that Pro Race Promoters are excluding teams based on ????????????????????????

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowBikeRacer
    I see a few Slipstream cars in Boulder. One is on the way to the dog park. Looks like it has been parked for a few weeks so must be somebody racing in Europe.

Hopefully they can field a team that can make it 3 weeks. I wish them luck. Big learning experience with the Tour & the Giro.

Still definitly not the best racers in the best race. Bummer that Pro Race Promoters are excluding teams based on ????????????????????????
    I like Magnus though...gives me hope when I'm 6'2" and 200.

Dopers ruin sport
    Millar
    Farrar
    Pate
    Dave Z.
    Danielson
    Vande Velde
    Backstedt
    ......and maybe Lowe

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    Pate has to be there. He might be their best TT guy. Millar will once again disappoint.

Devinci_rider
    Sep 2005
    We seem to be forgeting someone; Ryder Hesjedal, who was 8th overall in GC at Tirreno-Adriatico. Not to mention other podiums finishes. He seems to be one of the most consistant Slipstream riders right now; yet is flying under everyone's radar.
    But then again, we'll have to see how his form progresses as the season continues.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Pat McCarty is another name not to forget. Strong in the mountains and performed well in the U-23 French stage races with mountains. In 2003 he was one of the few finishers of the Avenir from the U.S. Team, and won the tough U-23 stage race in France named Ronde de l'Isard. More recently he finished the Giro in 2006 so he has D1 GT experience. At 6'1" and 145 I'd liken him to someone like Kevin Livingston that would be invaluable in the high mountains if Vaughters choses to bring a team based on one leader. Even if he brings guys capable of focusing on stage wins McCarty could still be a great pick...

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma_rider
    We seem to be forgeting someone; Ryder Hesjedal, who was 8th overall in GC at Tirreno-Adriatico...
    You all seem to be forgetting that Vaughters will put a french rider on the TdF squad. Adding french riders to his team was one of his strategies for getting an invite from the ASO.