TdF: best French GC rider
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    waterproof*
    Reputation: Creakyknees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    41,598

    TdF: best French GC rider

    ASO should make this an official jersey... who's your pick? And the placing, please.

    Last year:
    "Christophe Le Mevel led the Francaise des Jeux team on stage, revealing the team's new jersey design which maintains the mostly-white kit but adds a blue stripe up the side. He was the best French rider in 2009, finishing tenth, 14:25 behind Alberto Contador."
    - cyclingnews

    My pick:
    Nicolas Roche / AG2R / 8th overall.

    /oops... dang that won't work will it... ok then:

    Jérôme Pineau. 27th.
    * not actually a Rock Star

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees

    My pick:
    Nicolas Roche / AG2R / 8th overall.

    /oops... dang that won't work will it
    It half works.

  3. #3
    i like whiskey
    Reputation: innergel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    8,405
    Sylvain Chavanel - 19th overall

    Look for Thomas Voeckler to get some face time on a few stages too.

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: HIMEHEEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,389
    French GC rider is an ocksie-moreon.

    Do French people race bikes?

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by innergel
    Look for Thomas Voeckler to get some face time on a few stages too.
    If you mean that he'll be at the front of nearly every stage start to mug in front of the cameras, jump early, and establish a 'French interval'...then sure. He's all about face time.

  6. #6
    i like whiskey
    Reputation: innergel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    8,405
    Quote Originally Posted by txzen
    If you mean that he'll be at the front of nearly every stage start to mug in front of the cameras, jump early, and establish a 'French interval'...then sure. He's all about face time.
    That's exactly what I mean. He always goes out on a break or two and has a knack for getting his face on TV. I'm sure his sponsors love him.

    Didn't he win a stage last year? And I think he just won the French road championships, so he's no slouch rider.

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 55x11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,065
    Quote Originally Posted by innergel
    That's exactly what I mean. He always goes out on a break or two and has a knack for getting his face on TV. I'm sure his sponsors love him.

    Didn't he win a stage last year? And I think he just won the French road championships, so he's no slouch rider.
    Christoph Moreau (he is getting OLD!) or perhaps Vogondy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.