Testosterone as a performance enhancer?
    BS the DC

Testosterone as a performance enhancer?

It is my understanding that a steroids could be used to enhance training effects but I don't understand how it would benefit a single days performance. This is certainly not my area of expertise. Does someone have an explanation?
    "The team wasn't just riders. It was the mechanics, masseurs, chefs, soigneurs, and doctors. But the most important man on the team may have been the chiropractor."

- Lance Armstrong, Every Second Counts

Jun 2004

It aids...

Quote Originally Posted by bsdc
    It is my understanding that a steroids could be used to enhance training effects but I don't understand how it would benefit a single days performance. This is certainly not my area of expertise. Does someone have an explanation?
    It aids in recovery from hard efforts.

Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolialover
    Technically it does, yes, but it just doesn't match here. That's one of the oddest things about this. If he was up to something, he or whoever might have supplied/encouraged him wouldn't have chosen t-boosting or injections for a TDF stage! T injections and/or boosting is used primarily for more chronic bodybuilding type enhancement, in cycles of the order of weeks, and even there, it's effectivenes is controversial, and it is inferior to steroids designed specifically for muscle enhancement/recovery, which are also used in cycles of the order of weeks. This is just silly. Has to be an artifact of some kind.

BS the DC
    It's my understanding that steroids are used over a long period of time and have a cumulative effect. It would seem that a single dose to recover from a bad day would have minimal effect. Knowing it would be hard to hide, it just doesn't make sense that Floyd would do it.
    "The team wasn't just riders. It was the mechanics, masseurs, chefs, soigneurs, and doctors. But the most important man on the team may have been the chiropractor."

- Lance Armstrong, Every Second Counts

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    It's my understanding that steroids are used over a long period of time and have a cumulative effect. It would seem that a single dose to recover from a bad day would have minimal effect. Knowing it would be hard to hide, it just doesn't make sense that Floyd would do it.
    Ironically, 3 weeks ago, Levis doctor explained how this is done the proper way:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...l06/jul07news3
    I guess the dear Dr. Moosburger was ahead of his time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    Great link! Now I can see how he can "recover" so quickly after a mountain stage and almost win the time trial.

Self-Banned

Do you have a credible source that verifies this?

Self-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by den bakker
    Ironically, 3 weeks ago, Levis doctor explained how this is done the proper way:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...l06/jul07news3
    I guess the dear Dr. Moosburger was ahead of his time.

Ok but he states that the dose is too low for detection so how does that work the fact the results of test on the A sample showed a T:E ratio of 11:1?

Self-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steel515
    Great link! Now I can see how he can "recover" so quickly after a mountain stage and almost win the time trial.

The problem is that what Dr. Moosburger said doesn't fit with the facts of this case. The testi patch doesn't cause a 11:1 T/E ratio.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005

The pro hormones (Steriods) that I bought last year when I was into lifting are supposed to be taken for 4 weeks straight. You are spot on for the minimal effect day after thing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rocco
    Ok but he states that the dose is too low for detection so how does that work the fact the results of test on the A sample showed a T:E ratio of 11:1?
    bsdc asked why a rider would take testoterone?. The link provides a reason.

Self-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by den bakker
    bsdc asked why a rider would take testoterone?. The link provides a reason.

No worries and thanks.