Top 3 overall will emerge from what? The current top 10? Top 12? Top 8? Top 4?
    RoadBikeReview Member

Top 3 overall will emerge from what? The current top 10? Top 12? Top 8? Top 4?

Classifications - Tour de France 2012

In the current overall standings for yellow jersey in Paris, Janez Brajkovik is in 8th place, at 7 minutes 30 seconds behind Wiggins.

9th place is Pierre Rolland, at yet another minute.

Van den Broek is in 5th, at 5 minutes back, and Zubeldia is in 6th at over 6 minutes.

So, the field has really become spread out.

With a week left, is it possibly someone could move from as far back as seven minutes to be third/on the podium?

Are the eventual Top 3 somewhere in the current top five? Top four?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Wiggins/Froome/Evans is my prediction.

Good Person
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmahler View Post
    Wiggins/Froome/Evans is my prediction.
    I think that's a good prediction.
    I like when you get to that point and I donít know if itís the endorphins kicking in or what, but you realize youíre so far from where you started, that youíre finally really somewhere else, a completely different place.

-Richard Sachs-

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm going Wiggins/Froome/Nibali

We've still only seen maybe one true attack from Nibali (well twice on the same climb) and I think either he's all mouth or he's kept something back
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster" - Greg LeMond

santos_pons
    Wiggo/Froome/Nibali

I think Nibali will put more time between him and Evans on Stage 17... Might even reduce the gap to Wiggo and probably will get ahead of Froome (If Froome stays behind to help Wiggo). On the TT both Wiggo and Froome will put time ahead of Nibali, Cadel might reduce the gap but not enough to get ahead of Nibali.

This tour has not been for the pure climbers. With only three mountain top finishes it makes it very tough for them to gain time on the TTers that can climb. All other mountain stages have had plenty of distance from the summit to the finish that the GC contenders can easily regroup.