Thread: U.S. Nats 2018

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011

U.S. Nats 2018

So happy for Coryn Rivera! She finally got one! Johnny Brown also had an amazing solo attack for the victory in the men's race. Good stuff all around. It will be interesting to see if this results in a WT for Brown whose brother Nate rides for EF Education First. It was also interesting to see an aluminum bike (Specialized Allez Sprint) ridden to the victory in the era of high end carbon bikes.

Jonathan Brown solos to U.S. Pro national road title | VeloNews.com

Rivera tops Guarnier to claim elusive U.S. Pro road title | VeloNews.com
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yes, Coryn played her cards perfectly, congrats to her.
    And Brown's solo attack was great although I was pulling for Carpenter. That chase group had some serious HP, surprised they didn't close the gap.
    In reference to the Assault on Mt Mitchell...
    Quote Originally Posted by merckx56
    The easier solution is to find a biker bar in Spartanburg the night before, go in and pick a fight. The ass-whipping you'll get will be far less painful than the one Mitchell will give you the next day!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Last year I climbed Sherrod Rd with a six pack. Today I came up with nine beers plus some extra water. Gave two beers to some friends at the top who were ill prepared for today's event. I myself bummed one more from a friend at the bottom of the ensuing descent. Back at the top of the hill I gave an unopened beer to a Jelly Belly rider who had just bailed. He was very grateful, said he already got a hand-up earlier that was about 5/6 empty. And not only did I bring a bunch of beer up, it was cooled very well all afternoon. And on my final descent someone very forcefully insisted that I have another frosty beverage before going to the bottom of the hill.

I also gave a beer to a dropped rider in Friday's crit, and he was quite appreciative. Our town has now at least 18 breweries! See y'all in 2019!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    I watched the men's race. Looked brutal as usual. So interesting to watch due to the reduced number of team mates and the inability for any one team to control.