will Bahati be suspended?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

will Bahati be suspended?

it's been a tough week for Bahati and his team, but his behavior at Dana Point was really over the top. Around the 38 second mark of the video below he walks out into the road, waits for the pack to come around, and then whips his glasses at a united rider..pretty dangerous and stupid.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/...a-point_111493

flinty-eyed moderator
    Oh yes, USA Cycling is going to drop an anvil on him.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Maybe he should go into baseball with that accurate arm of his...I can't believe his glasses got sucked into the guy's wheel and ripped off his computer sensor. What are the odds of that happening?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2006
    I thought he should be suspended until I saw the other video of the guy who took Bahati down. That really deserves a suspension.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gobes
    I thought he should be suspended until I saw the other video of the guy who took Bahati down. That really deserves a suspension.
    My thoughts exactly. Definitely unprofessional and somewhat childish to throw sunglasses at them, but I consider it a minor infraction compared to the rider trying to put him on the pavement and causing a crash.

la dolce vita
    Quote Originally Posted by nayr497
    Maybe he should go into baseball with that accurate arm of his...I can't believe his glasses got sucked into the guy's wheel and ripped off his computer sensor. What are the odds of that happening?
    But he missed his intended target.....
    insert witty comment here

RoadBikeReview Member
    Eye for an eye, I think they should take him out and throw sunglasses at him

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    If the UHC rider doesn't get suspended and I was Bahati....that dude and every member of his team is hitting the pavement every time they race.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 1970
    Where is the other video??

Quote Originally Posted by gobes

Honey Smack!
    Quote Originally Posted by UGASkiDawg
    If the UHC rider doesn't get suspended and I was Bahati....that dude and every member of his team is hitting the pavement every time they race.
    It's been taken down from the first site it was at, but it shows a UHC-M rider veering HARD into Bahati.

It's from the back angle on that corner. Yeah the sunglasses thing is pretty obviously deserving of a nice suspension but Keogh or whomever the rider was that slammed into Bahati was pretty damned blatant about it.
    I know we just met and this is crazy....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by t-moore
    Where is the other video??
    Here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZp5pS-Zzwk

40 seconds and again at 1:20 very clearly intentional

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 1970
    Thanks for the second link....wow

la dolce vita
    Here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZp5pS-Zzwk

40 seconds and again at 1:20 very clearly intentional
    Wow. That is bullsh_t!!!! The UHC dude needs to sit for a longgggg time.
    insert witty comment here

RoadBikeReview Member

Suspend them both

Keough and Bahati may have the legs of domestic pros , but they both exhibited the disposition of an amateur. Actually on second thought, that's an insult to amateurs everywhere.

I doubt that either rider is without culpability in the first incident, as I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that words and aggressive elbows were thrown prior to Keough's chop. Keough should be given a minimum 6 month suspension and Bahati should be given a similar suspension for just plain looking like a fool out there throwing his sunglasses.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleAleYum

I doubt that either rider is without culpability in the first incident, as I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that words and aggressive elbows were thrown prior to Keough's chop. Keough should be given a minimum 6 month suspension and Bahati should be given a similar suspension for just plain looking like a fool out there throwing his sunglasses.
    I agree a 6 month suspension for both is appropriate, though I doubt it will be more than 1 month. I am left wondering if Keough was given orders by Gord; a suspension for him could be in order as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    I think the UHC rider should get a longer suspension but Bahatis retaliation isnt acceptable, though I do understand his crazy emotions for the recent events. This was not the only big wreck nor the only deliberate (in my view) crash. My fellow UCSD and Swami's team mate got chopped bad by a La Grange rider: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bgEK6qtWLQ

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    clearly intentional
    1k words
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails will Bahati be suspended?-clearintent.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    jeeze at that point he should have unclipped and just kicked the guy or grabbed his bar looks pretty deliberate to me
    Ride More Talk Less
    - Caletti Cycles Custom Steel
    - 11 Nashbar Steel CX
    Terminal Pholocity

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktch45
    I think the UHC rider should get a longer suspension but Bahatis retaliation isnt acceptable, though I do understand his crazy emotions for the recent events. This was not the only big wreck nor the only deliberate (in my view) crash. My fellow UCSD and Swami's team mate got chopped bad by a La Grange rider: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bgEK6qtWLQ
    weak. looks like they DQed him tho.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by WAZCO
    1k words
    Does this guy think he's trying out for the cast of fast and furious? This picture does not condone B's actions but does show he was intentionally taken down.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2001
    Intentional take down?

Two words-

Criminal charges.

Never mind the USAC the guy assaulted him, caused bodily harm, recklessly endangered about 50 other guys, and he did it on a public road, on camera.
    Côte du Petit Pas d'Ane - Best climb name ever.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I don't know whether you can conclude much from the footage or the pic above (remember what the Bos footage looked like originally). Reports were that Bahati was being extremely aggressive to knock Keough off the UHC train and get the wheel. He's trying that by leaning hard on him and doing a lot of shoulder work. Keough may just be trying to hold his position, which would require leaning into Bahati. If Bahati lets up, Keough could have swerved as a result...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2001
    It looks very conclusive in motion to me. Keough swerves right across his front wheel, turning a good 10ft farther inside off the turn then everyone else and barely misses a pedal stroke getting back on the of his train.
    Côte du Petit Pas d'Ane - Best climb name ever.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    Here is UHCs post race writeup...http://www.uhcprocycling.com/2010/04...te-race-chaos/

pretty lame. But the comments are good.

Their Twitter suggests that everyone stop by their sea ottEr booth to say hi. Hope people tell them how they feel.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Both need to be suspended. Although Bahati gets the pansy award for throwing sunglasses at him. That's all he could come up with after the guy tries to plow him over?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast