The Early Spring Cough!!!

Oct 2004

The Early Spring Cough!!!

I usually get a lingering cough while riding in the late winter/ealry spring. While out today, it just did not want to go away. I had 2 layers, a jersey and a wind jacket and a skull cap under my helment, so I felt that I had enough layer. It was sunny with a nice breeze in the mid to lower 40's. I drank plenty of water. The cough usually goes away by May when it warms up.

I feel that I am in great shape for the time of year. Does anyone else experience this??
    "The main thing is to not cut yourself and bleed to death in the tub." -- Frankie Andreu (Retired USPS Racer) on leg shaving advice

Call me a Fred
    You could have some exercise induced asthma. Coughing is one of the symptoms and it gets worse if the air is cold (and dry air makes it even worse).
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

Power Napper
    Also consider allergies. Here in northern New Mexico the junipers start their pollen dance in late Feb and March. It usually never bothers me, but during a long or hard ride I think I suck in enough pollen that I get a sore throat and cough. Anything around you pollenating now?
    "When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am the friend of its happiness: when these things can be said, then may that country boast its constitution and its government." -Thomas Paine

Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theBreeze
    Also consider allergies. Here in northern New Mexico the junipers start their pollen dance in late Feb and March. It usually never bothers me, but during a long or hard ride I think I suck in enough pollen that I get a sore throat and cough. Anything around you pollenating now?
    Nothing pollenating yet. Usually starts around April/May, thats when I get the sneezing and cold usually
    "The main thing is to not cut yourself and bleed to death in the tub." -- Frankie Andreu (Retired USPS Racer) on leg shaving advice