Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Vision Quest Coaching

925 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Asiago 
#1 ·
Does anybody have experience with Ventura's Vision Quest Coaching? I'm considering shelling out some $$$ to get a coach and am wondering if there is anyone here who has experinece with VQ.

Thanks,

#2 ·
Asiago said:
Does anybody have experience with Ventura's Vision Quest Coaching? I'm considering shelling out some $$$ to get a coach and am wondering if there is anyone here who has experinece with VQ.

Thanks,
Not directly, but there are sure a lot of riders around here who are using it. Bright blue kits and Power Taps everywhere. It is definitely not cheap, but may be a good value??? It's really expanding right now with Ventura's retirement. The new stuff is aimed more at the downtown/tri crowd rather than just racing. Don't mean to imply that the road racing portion is any less, just something to note.

Do they have a local guy in Madison? Seems to me the most value from a coach would be someone who can see what you are doing on a regular basis.

TF

#3 ·
Asiago,
Robbie coaches me up out of his VQ Lake Bluff office. TT is right, Lake Bluff has a good mix of road, track, and tri (Tina McDonnie is head coach for those - man those guys work out alot), while the new downtown (Bucktown I think) is primarily the Tri crowd. It's absolutely a blast - even in the winter. Playing dodgeball on bikes is a riot in the fall. I would talk to him about your situation being not so close to the north side. I've been with him for a long, long time so let me know if you have any questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.