Assistance needed locating for for 27" wheel
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005

Assistance needed locating fork for 27" wheel

Good day everyone,
    This is my first post on roadbikereview. I have been visiting off and on for a while, and really enjoy the site. Especially this retro classic forum. Theres just something about the look of these older bikes i like. Well, I picked up a Schwinn Le Tour (not much of a classic, but it fits me well) and I need to get a new fork for it. When i purchased it, i did not realize that the fork was bent backwards as a result of a front end collision by the previous owner. My LBS was able to straighten it out, and I have been riding it, but for piece of mind, I was thinking about gettin a replacement for it. So I turn to you all in here, in hopes that I would be able to get some suggestions for a replacement, or perhaps if anyone in here has one in their vast stock pile of parts. I am not sure what information is needed, if any, but feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.

One more thing i just thought of, I was thinking of getting wider bars, but I really don't know what I should be looking for. The guys at my LBS said that I would have to change the stem and neck if I wanted to get new bars, but for some reason, i don't think that is the case. Again any thought or suggestionw would be great. I don't really want drop bars, and I was thinking maybe moustache bars, but i'm not sure.
    thanks again.
    Last edited by big boy phil; 09-02-2005 at 10:09 AM.

Jan 2003

Try lickbike.com ...

they have some 27" wheels, but best to call them to inquire about rim/hub quality.
    The other place is harriscyclery.com ... sheldon has this stuff lying around.

-D

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005
    is this for a wheel set? Or for a fork? I will check them out when I have a chance, but I am in need of a replacement fork.

Jan 2003

Here's a link to QBP via harris cyclery for 27" repair fork

Quote Originally Posted by big boy phil
    is this for a wheel set? Or for a fork? I will check them out when I have a chance, but I am in need of a replacement fork.
    http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.c...and=108&type=T

Sheldon can help you match the dimensions...

-D