New Ritchey Road Logic - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 141516
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    It's a beauty!!

tka
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    FYI, Quality is now showing 1 of each size of the new blue Road Logic frame in stock. Your LBS should be able to order them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2015
    Ok, im in process of ordering the Road Logic frameset, and need ur help in process of sizing and which version (gray or blue).

Im 175cm, 82.5 inseam, with FTP (based on TrainerRoad and Kinetic InRide 275W, and about 71-72 kg).

My primary bike is Colnago C60 in size 50S (15mm headset cup), and about 10-12mm spacers under the 110mm -7 deg stem. And this setup suit me very well.

My second bike is Pinarello FP3 in size 53, 110mm stem, and also 10-12 mm spacers under the stem (headset cup again 15mm).

The Ritchey Road Logic i want to build should be replacament for Pinarello. I like to climb a lot, and to ride as hard as i can, so Road Logic wont be a bike for commuting, or chill rides, plan to ride it same way as C60, but in situation where i dont want to care about carbon frame (small rocks from the road, or way of transportation etc...)

I'll build the bike with Campagnolo Chorus 52/36 crankset and 12-29 cassette in the rear, so need to be compatible with this Campagnolo version.

The wheelset i'll use is Bora One 35 Tubular with 25mm tires (Corsa G+ or Continental in 25 mm), or Shamal Ultra clicnchers 15C with 23mm Conti 4000 SII or 25mm Conti 4 Season or Corsa G+ in 25mm, and dont plan to use 27 or bigger tires..

So where is my dilema? I can see slight change in geometry from Gray Version and Blue Version.

I guess based on comparation to my C60 or FP3 i need size 53 of Road Logic, but probably in 100mm length (if i go blue blue version), and maybe 100 or 110mm if i go Gray Version. (and i guess 110 mm will provide better handling)

Also to add this bike will sometimes riden by my gf, who ride FP3 (but with 30mm spacers and 90mm positive stem. So on Road Logic she will need 80 or 90mm stem. She ride more like chilling, relaxing, so need this way to be safe enough, not to provide performances for her)

Since i need for riding as hard as i can, including a lot of climbing, and for that is better Short Chainstays and shorter wheelbase, and when i compare geometry of Gray vs Blue version, i can see that Gray have 410mm chainstays vs 415 mm of Blue version (so i guess gray is better for what i need), and also wheelbase is shorter (984 mm for Gray Version vs 993 mm for Blue Version).

But when i read some reviews about Gray Version, seem that front end is less stiffer then the Blue one, and that there is some Campagnolo compatiblity problems ( I guess i wont have problem for the setup im planing to go).
    Again, about sizing and geometry.

Tried to use geometry calculator, and to compare three bikes:

Ritchey Road Logic in 53 Gray vs Colnago C60 in 50S and FP3 in 53 (FP Quatro since i can't find geometry for FP3, but i think they are the same).

I asume that headsetcup on Ritchey Road Logic is 15mm, same as C60 and FP3, and adding about 12mm spacers on FP3, 10-12 on C60 and 15mm on Ritchey Road Logic.

About Fp3 is strange that for fork length is given 367mm in geometry charts, but im measuring 376mm (which if i add to this comparation, then stack is very odd, so i'll use 367mm)

For this one i made comparation on Velogic fit as well:

Against FP Quatro:

Against C60

So gray version seem that have just 2mm wheelbase difference vs C60 (Road Logic WB is shorter 2mm) and small reach difference with 110 stem (5-6 mm) (Road Logic reach is longer 5-6 mm)

And the same comparation but instead of Gray Road Logic, im putting geometry of the blue one (the new version):

Now we have bigger wheelbase difference vs C60. Road logic WB is longer 7 mm vs C60, and also big reach difference (Road Logic is longer 8mm).

So which geometry do u think fit me better? Gray one (older model, less stiff fork, shorter chainstays i guess better for sprinting/climbing, some Campagnolo comptibility issues with 53/39 (will use 52/36 so i guess not a problem), and less tire clearance (i plan to use 25mm, so dont care too much about this), or Blue one (new model, stiffer fork, longer chainstays i guess not that good for climbing sprinting, but no Compatibility issues with Campagnolo, and accepting biger tires....

Just to add that Gray Version is about 190 EUR cheaper (but ill choose not based on price, but based of what better suit me)

Do u think this geometry difference is big enough to decide based on it, or just go newer model?

Please help about this, since i really want to order the frame this week, and dont want to get the wrong size or wrong model..

Thanks and hope to get reply's soon to fix my dilema...
    Last edited by krell; 11-13-2017 at 11:12 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    What's your saddle height from BB center to top of saddle?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter P. View Post
    What's your saddle height from BB center to top of saddle?
    727mm, and 52 mm setback. Using Romin Evo Pro Saddle on one bike, and SLR Carbonio Flow on other, using Look Keo Blade Ti pedals (13.5 or 14 mm stack)

T K
    wasssabi
    Krell, sorry but I didn't digest your whole post but I noticed you are comparing to a Colnago (I have one too) and it is my understanding that they are designed to run with a longer stem. I think you would be better off comparing the Logic with a 100 as apposed to the 110 stem.

tka
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by OneGoodKnee View Post
    Any one fitted a Campagnolo Ultra Torque 39/53 chainset to a Roadlogic frame ?
    Iíve tried with mine and it would appear it is not compatible
    The chain ring bolts hit the chainstay long before the chainset is torqued up.
    The compact version fits, but clearances are a bit tight.
    I think this is only an issue with these UT chainsets as Iíve tried the older square taper Campagnolo 39/53 chain set and an old ocatlaink Dura ace 39/53 and these go in without issue.
    I know other frames are not compatible with these Campag UT chainsets.
    Just a heads up if someone is thinking of fitting one, and it would be good if Ritchey stated somewhere that they are not compatible.
    Attachment 312780Attachment 312781

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    I wanted to do some research on my end before I answered. I just got an email response today from my European office that they had been clued into this by you, and unfortunately it appears that, despite their drawings and measurements (which is what we go off of when designing), Campagnolo Ultra Torque 39/53 cranks uses bolts that stick out in the back and interfere with the stays and are incompatible with our frame. No fix has yet to be made. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by krell View Post
    The Ritchey Road Logic i want to build should be replacament for Pinarello. I like to climb a lot, and to ride as hard as i can, so Road Logic wont be a bike for commuting, or chill rides, plan to ride it same way as C60, but in situation where i dont want to care about carbon frame (small rocks from the road, or way of transportation etc...)

I'll build the bike with Campagnolo Chorus 52/36 crankset and 12-29 cassette in the rear, so need to be compatible with this Campagnolo version.
    Before considering frame size you might what to check with Ritchey if a 52/36 Campag crankset will work on the Road Logic. Or consider changing to Shimano or Sram.

I have on older 11-sp Chorus 53/39 on my Road Logic and it clears the chainstay by 1.5mm, but others haven't been so lucky.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by T K View Post
    Krell, sorry but I didn't digest your whole post but I noticed you are comparing to a Colnago (I have one too) and it is my understanding that they are designed to run with a longer stem. I think you would be better off comparing the Logic with a 100 as apposed to the 110 stem.
    Thanks for ur reply.. I'll do that comparation as well..

Im interested, what is normal stem length for Road Logic 53? The length that is designed for?

And since u have both Colnago Carbon and Road Logic (as i understund). How u compare them in term of climbing performance, sprinting, hard efforts.. Or i should consider Road Logic more for slow more relaxing rides, when u pick the flowers and enjoy in food etc?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by tka View Post
    Before considering frame size you might what to check with Ritchey if a 52/36 Campag crankset will work on the Road Logic. Or consider changing to Shimano or Sram.

I have on older 11-sp Chorus 53/39 on my Road Logic and it clears the chainstay by 1.5mm, but others haven't been so lucky.

I send the e-mail to Ritchey, so hope they'll answer this for new Blue Version..

I'll post back when (and if ), they reply.. Thanks for a good advice...And since my other bikes are capagnolo, and want the uniformity i dont see as option switching to Shimano or Sram

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    727mm, and 52 mm setback. Using Romin Evo Pro Saddle on one bike, and SLR Carbonio Flow on other, using Look Keo Blade Ti pedals (13.5 or 14 mm stack)
    Well then, at 175cm height and 72.5cm saddle height, you need a 55cm frame, not a 53.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter P. View Post
    Well then, at 175cm height and 72.5cm saddle height, you need a 55cm frame, not a 53.

How u find that? 55 Road Logic have 563 top tube vs 540 or 545 on my bikes that fit me now, stack of 568 vs 547 i have now and reach of 395 vs 383 or 386 i have now.

Too me look like too big

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    How u find that? ...
    You've been brainwashed by the rad-looking fad of ridiculously small frames and slammed stems being all the rage. Gotta have a mile of seatpost and bars near your knees...!

Six footers on 51 or 53cm frames merely subscribe to this fashion. You're gonna be stuffed into this frame reach-wise. And using a longer stem to make it fit merely distributes the weight poorly over the wheels.

tka
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    So which geometry do u think fit me better? Gray one (older model, less stiff fork, shorter chainstays i guess better for sprinting/climbing, some Campagnolo comptibility issues with 53/39 (will use 52/36 so i guess not a problem), and less tire clearance (i plan to use 25mm, so dont care too much about this), or Blue one (new model, stiffer fork, longer chainstays i guess not that good for climbing sprinting, but no Compatibility issues with Campagnolo, and accepting biger tires....
    One more Campag related issue - I have a gray Road Logic 2.0 with Record skeleton brakes and HED Belgium+ rims. Running 25mm Conti GP4000 SII tires I had a light rub on the front brake. The rear cleared fine, but I had to go back to a 23mm to get adequate clearance. Note that this is purely a brake issue, the 25mm cleared the fork with plenty of space, (it likely would have adequate clearance with a 28mm,) but it would rub the underside of the brake.

FWIW I ride a 55 cm and I'm about your height and inseam (but ~10kg heavier)

RoadBikeReview Member
    They have the gray color Logic as a Black Friday item for $2,000, full Ultegra built. Sweet deal, $1,000 off.

https://ritcheylogic.com/road-logic-bike

lint picker

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by toshi View Post
    Nice!!! The promo/web pics make it look a lot less matte then in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toshi View Post
    Yeah that definitely looks nice. I wasn't too keen on the new color based on the Ritchey photos on their website, but your bike and built look very good. Enjoy!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    The [...] Ritchey Road Logic will share [...] heat treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic II tubing [...]
    What exactly is "Ritchey Logic" tubing? What kind of steel is in the tubing of the new road frameset?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 141516