New Ritchey Road Logic - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 393
  1. #26
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    462

    Smile Ritchey Dave

    I'd like to start gathering some parts for a new Road Logic! Could you pass along the seat post size and if its a clamp on FD the size for that? Thanks in advance.

  2. #27
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Sure thing. It uses a 27.2 seatpost, and a 28.6 front derrailleur clamp
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  3. #28
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    462

    Talking On Website

    Road Logic now on Ritchey website. A month to wait ya say? I'm getting excited!

  4. #29
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    89
    nice looking frame!

  5. #30
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    89
    Ritchey Dave, can you tell me if the frame has a slight sloping top tube? if so how many degrees?

  6. #31
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    462

    Red face New date

    Excel Sports tells me the ETA is mid-Nov.

  7. #32
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    128
    Ritchey Dave - why such a steep seat tube on the small sizes, resulting in a really long reach! Also, any thoughts between the new road logic vs the nitanium ones from mid-90's, as that's what I'm currently riding?

  8. #33
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrawd View Post
    Ritchey Dave, can you tell me if the frame has a slight sloping top tube? if so how many degrees?
    Yes, they slope slightly. As far as how many degrees, I'd have to check, what size are you curious about?
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  9. #34
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by unagidon View Post
    Ritchey Dave - why such a steep seat tube on the small sizes, resulting in a really long reach! Also, any thoughts between the new road logic vs the nitanium ones from mid-90's, as that's what I'm currently riding?
    The seat tube angle is just how Tom has designed frames now for a long time and is just what he feels a frame of that size requires.

    As far as a comparison between the new Road Logic and the older Nitanium version, I think you'd be the best qualified to find out and fill us all in
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  10. #35
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    Yes, they slope slightly. As far as how many degrees, I'd have to check, what size are you curious about?
    Hi Dave
    I'm interested in the 51cm

  11. #36
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by unagidon View Post
    Ritchey Dave - why such a steep seat tube on the small sizes, resulting in a really long reach! Also, any thoughts between the new road logic vs the nitanium ones from mid-90's, as that's what I'm currently riding?

    I ride a smaller size frame also so I was curious. This is what I found

    On factory made frames the seat angle will depend on the size of the frame, the smaller the frame the steeper the angle of the seat tube. Smaller frames are for smaller riders who have shorter thighs so they have to sit further forwards to get over the pedals. Taller riders need a more laid back angle because their thigh is longer.

    http://www.bikecyclingreviews.com/Frame_Geometry.html

    If you look at most of the major bike companies bike geometry they all design them that way.
    But I'm sure some company do not follow that philosophy. Such as the Cervelo that I currently ride. Their seat tube angle is 73 degrees no matter what size the frame is.

  12. #37
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrawd View Post
    Hi Dave
    I'm interested in the 51cm
    4.16 degrees
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  13. #38
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    4.16 degrees

    Thanks Ritchey Dave, I just place an order for one

  14. #39
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrawd View Post
    Thanks Ritchey Dave, I just place an order for one
    Awesome! They should be here real soon. Be sure to post a pic of the build and review it once it arrives.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  15. #40
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrawd View Post
    I ride a smaller size frame also so I was curious. This is what I found

    On factory made frames the seat angle will depend on the size of the frame, the smaller the frame the steeper the angle of the seat tube. Smaller frames are for smaller riders who have shorter thighs so they have to sit further forwards to get over the pedals. Taller riders need a more laid back angle because their thigh is longer.

    Bike Frame Sizes, Geometry, Angles and All That!

    If you look at most of the major bike companies bike geometry they all design them that way.
    But I'm sure some company do not follow that philosophy. Such as the Cervelo that I currently ride. Their seat tube angle is 73 degrees no matter what size the frame is.
    Being short, with longer legs and short torso, I've done quite a bit of research on geometry. It's true many manufacturers have steeper seat tube angles on smaller bikes. But that often makes those who only look at top tube lengths get an incorrectly sized bike.

    The smaller Specialized bikes are a prime example of large fitting "small" bikes. A 49cm bike with a reach of 378 on a "comfort bike" (I.e. Roubaix) is quite nutty... The short, relatively inflexible riders like myself would be very stretched if we had a proper saddle to crank set-up. Some companies that do it better include Cervelo, BMC granfondo, the new Lynskey Sportif disc - a decently short reach of under 370mm.

    But 518mm top tube on the 48cm, with 75 degree sta would have reach of approx. 374mm (just an educated guess since 49cm roubaix's have TT of 518 with sta of 75.5) and with a short head tube of 10cm, a pretty low stack meaning a pretty aggressive fit.

    I love my current ritchey and was secretly hoping the new road logic's would have more "middle aged" friendly geometry in the smaller frames. Unfortunately not... Too bad for me.

  16. #41
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2
    I'm wondering what the fender/mudguard potential is for this? Suspect perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree, but what is the clearance like on the carbon fork??

  17. #42
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by petromyzon View Post
    I'm wondering what the fender/mudguard potential is for this? Suspect perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree, but what is the clearance like on the carbon fork??
    There are no fender mounts on the frame or fork, however you can install fenders that have clamps that wrap around the stays. The biggest fender/mudguard limiting factor on the Road Logic is the fork. I've had good luck with Crud Roadracers on our forks as long as you're using 23c tires.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  18. #43
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2
    Great, thanks Dave. I thought as much - it's hard to find a full carbon road fork with just a little bit more clearance without going to a 'cross setup.

  19. #44
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: emfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27
    anyone build up a frame yet? I need a new project bike and this frame is on my short list of steel frames.
    A mountain biker who doesn't ride road has no legs
    A road biker who doesn't ride mountain has no soul

  20. #45
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by emfc View Post
    anyone build up a frame yet? I need a new project bike and this frame is on my short list of steel frames.
    Yes, here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gsxrawd; 12-23-2012 at 10:51 PM.

  21. #46
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: emfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27
    That is SICK!!!!! My build is going to be a little lest costly than yours.
    A mountain biker who doesn't ride road has no legs
    A road biker who doesn't ride mountain has no soul

  22. #47
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxrawd View Post
    Yes, here it is.
    First off, that bike is absolutely gorgeous and the build is stunning!

    Second, it would be great to see some more photos of the bike when you have a chance. Bike porn is good, safe porn.

    Third, any chance you can give us a short ride report with your initial impressions?

    Thanks!

  23. #48
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    89
    Here is a small review
    http://forums.roadbikereview.com/rit...ed-294949.html


    Quote Originally Posted by bikesandparts1 View Post
    First off, that bike is absolutely gorgeous and the build is stunning!

    Second, it would be great to see some more photos of the bike when you have a chance. Bike porn is good, safe porn.

    Third, any chance you can give us a short ride report with your initial impressions?


    Thanks!

  24. #49
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    20
    I'm one click away from ordering the frameset. I was originally looking for titanium but I fell in love at first sight!

    One question though about the material: What kind of steel is it? What is "quality steel"?

    I'm fairly new to steel and I've been reading up on it. There's chromoly, columbus etc but haven't been able to wrap my head around everything fully yet.

  25. #50
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by timjeong View Post
    I'm one click away from ordering the frameset. I was originally looking for titanium but I fell in love at first sight!

    One question though about the material: What kind of steel is it? What is "quality steel"?

    I'm fairly new to steel and I've been reading up on it. There's chromoly, columbus etc but haven't been able to wrap my head around everything fully yet.
    That's a really good question. The type of tubing used for a steel frame is arguably one of the most important choices a framebuilder makes when creating the perfect ride. All the fabulous characteristics of steel that you've been probably reading about all can be increased or decreased and tuned by using different types of steel tubing. The tubing used for the Road Logic is Tom Ritchey's own blend of fine-tuned, light weight tubing, which is why you won't find names like Reynolds or Columbus on there. Tom has been making frames for over 40 years, and his knowledge and opinions of steel tubing is epic. Rest assured, unlike many of the cheaper steel frames on the market, the tubing on a Ritchey has been heavily scrutinized, and will most definitely provide the amazing ride characteristics steel is legend for.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.