New Ritchey Road Logic - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks for the answer. I just ordered it!!!!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    The frame looks really nice, however i am not sure if it will fit me. Ritchey_Dave can you plese give more details if the frame itself is meant for the comfort orientated rider or for the competition rider. For me it looks like the frame is more suited for competition, or not?

thanks for your help.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by dude72 View Post
    The frame looks really nice, however i am not sure if it will fit me. Ritchey_Dave can you plese give more details if the frame itself is meant for the comfort orientated rider or for the competition rider. For me it looks like the frame is more suited for competition, or not?

thanks for your help.
    That's a tough question to answer, because we don't really feel the two are mutually exclusive. It's steel, so it's going to be much more compliant than most aluminum and carbon frames on the market, however the geometry is more race oriented than most comfort road bikes. It was designed around classic European stage racing, which is to say it's meant to facilitate riding fast for long periods of time, comfortably. Hope that helps.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    My order went funny. This is the email I got from the shop owner:

"Ritchey sent me a p29 frame, with a swiss cross frame on the delivery note... it could not have been more wrong. But the right frame will be with me tomorrow."

Goodness me...

Btw, I don't need to get a seatclamp for this frame, right?
    Also, will all stems fit the fork of do I need a particular size?
    Last edited by timjeong; 02-13-2013 at 02:41 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    That's a tough question to answer, because we don't really feel the two are mutually exclusive. It's steel, so it's going to be much more compliant than most aluminum and carbon frames on the market, however the geometry is more race oriented than most comfort road bikes. It was designed around classic European stage racing, which is to say it's meant to facilitate riding fast for long periods of time, comfortably. Hope that helps.

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately this frame will be to race oriented for me. But it sure looks nice :-)!

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by timjeong View Post
    My order went funny. This is the email I got from the shop owner:

"Ritchey sent me a p29 frame, with a swiss cross frame on the delivery note... it could not have been more wrong. But the right frame will be with me tomorrow."

Goodness me...

Btw, I don't need to get a seatclamp for this frame, right?
    Also, will all stems fit the fork of do I need a particular size?
    Wow, sorry about that. It sounds like it's all straightened out but let me know if you run into more issues.

No seatclamp needed.

All modern stems with 1 1/8" steer tube clamps will work. That is 90% of the stems sold in the market these days.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    All sorted out now and on its way over.

What size front derailleur clamp do I need? I just have the one from my previous carbon frame. It had a 31.6 seat clamp so does that mean my current derailleur clamp will be too big for the Ritchey?

Ritchey Design Rep
    All sorted out now and on its way over.

What size front derailleur clamp do I need? I just have the one from my previous carbon frame. It had a 31.6 seat clamp so does that mean my current derailleur clamp will be too big for the Ritchey?
    Great!

As far as the front derailleur, you're going to need a 28.6 for your Road Logic. Some brands, like Shimano, come with spacers to fit all tube sizes.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Do I need special tools to install the headset? I'm not too familiar with "integrated" headsets.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Do I need special tools to install the headset? I'm not too familiar with "integrated" headsets.
    Just a crown race setter to get the crown race onto the fork. Other than that it's pretty easy.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    I see. I was hoping to put the whole thing together with my set of basic tools. I'm new to assembling a bike from the ground up, as you can see. Off to the LBS I go!
    Thanks Ritchey_D!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    Your gone to need more than just a race setter to build that bike.
    If my frameset is any indicator of the amount Finnish work that needs to be done , most home wrenches will not have tools

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JERE B View Post
    Your gone to need more than just a race setter to build that bike.
    If my frameset is any indicator of the amount Finnish work that needs to be done , most home wrenches will not have tools
    I have an Icetoolz essence toolkit so I should be able to do most things. But you're still right Jere B. ;)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    Hi
    Have you tryed to put the seat post or bottom bracket in yet ?
    Your fun has just started.
    Jere B

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    So, Jere, does it come needing a lot of work? Bad Threads on the BB? Facing required? Spill it man, I'm about to pull the trigger .......
    Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    I'm enthralled with this frame set. I've got to get my hands on one sometime this year.

I currently ride a 2010 Specialized Allez size 54 with a 20cm spacer cone and a 110mm stem. I am having a really tough time deciding on which Logic size fits me better. Here are some basic Allez dims according to the Specialized geo chart for 2010. I am about 5'-10 with a 30" inseam.

Eff. TT: 548mm
    ST: 500mm
    HT: 155mm
    BB Drop: 69mm
    ST Angle: 73.5
    HT Angle 72.5
    Chainstay Length: 405mm

Size 53 Pros:
    Logic Eff. TT is 545mm, or within 3mm of my current frame. BB drop/Chainstay length/ST angle is virtually identical. ST length is 15mm taller, but I don't think it's a problem as the Allez has a very compact geo/sloping TT.
    Size 53 Cons:
    140mm HT. My Allez has a 155mm HT. I'm guessing this will mean I will need (more) spacers. Very anti slamthatstem.com

Size 55 Pros:
    160mm HT. I can probably get away with minimal amount of spacers. BB drop/Chainstay length is virtually identical.
    Size 55 Cons:
    Eff TT is 560, or 12mm longer than my current frame. ST is 525mm, or 25mm taller than my current frame.

Part of me says go with the 55 because its not too much longer and I can always go down to a 100mm stem if need be and I can use a minimal amount of spacers.

The other part of me says, the 53 is virtually identical to my current geo, only with a shorter HT.

Which way would you guys go? Would you rather have 15mm less of HT or 12mm more of TT. Which is the lesser of two evils?

RitcheyDave, can you confirm the HT length is measured from the top flared cup to bottom flared cup? Also, does the ST Length go from the BB to the Actual TT center line and or the Effective TT center line? Lastly can you confirm the TT slope of the 53 and the 55 (from horizontal)?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Great to hear you're interested in a Ritchey! The head tube height is measured from the top of the cup to the bottom of the lower cup. The seat tube length is measured from center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube. Slope for the 53cm is 4 degrees and 5 for the 55cm.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Thanks Dave! One more question, do you anticipate a color change for '13? I love this color and want to know how much time I have to purchase the frame as it stands. I wasn't planning on being able to do so until late summer. But I don't want to miss out if changes are planned.

So, I found out about bikecad.ca yesterday and played around with it during lunch today. I've mocked up 2 diagrams showing my dilemma.

Allez 54 (current bike) vs Logic 53

Allez 54 (current bike) vs Logic 55

The 53 seems pretty much spot on to my current 54 albeit with a lower stem/bar height. I would hate to add a spacer but it looks like that might be a better fit. The 53 would be marginally lighter too. The 55 is a bit larger overall, but would I notice? I don't know. Thoughts?

Ritchey Design Rep
    That color should still be in production by late summer.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Dave,

Thanks for the confirmation. Any idea what the rake is on the 53 and the 55? Is it 43mm or 45mm?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallez View Post
    Dave,

Thanks for the confirmation. Any idea what the rake is on the 53 and the 55? Is it 43mm or 45mm?
    The rake on all the forks is 45mm.
    Dave Law

BicycleDoctorUSA.com
    Jan 2002

Ritchey Logic , Swiss Cross and Break away www.BicycleDoctorUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothy View Post
    Ritchey Dave, can you share some of the spec on the 2012 production version of the Logic Road frame/fork? Geometry (including bb drop) for each size? Are the fork legs and/or steerer steel or carbon? BB shell format? Will Excel have them in July?

The pics from NAHBS show a color that looks to be a charcoal. Is this the color for the production run coming?
    Just want to Let the roadbike review riders know to check with Bicycle Doctor USA Home for all your ritchey Needs

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by george7117 View Post
    So, Jere, does it come needing a lot of work? Bad Threads on the BB? Facing required? Spill it man, I'm about to pull the trigger .......
    Thanks
    Pull the trigger you love the ride and handling but get the dealer to do a old pro setup
    Have them install the fork race , ream the seat post and face / thread the bottom bracket. Or buy $800.00 of tools that's up to you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2012

Headset, fork, headtube

(I replied on the wrong message but now I can't delete it. Oh well...)

I've installed everything, but I'm having trouble with the fork and headset. I've pressed everything as tight as possible but there's play in the fork and head tube of the frame. I'm sure I put all the bearings in the right order and I've tighter the headset and stem.

Also, my LBS mech had trouble with the fork steerer tube and for some reason he cut it too short. Any idea how I can get my hands on another matching fork?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by timjeong; 03-23-2013 at 01:44 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    CAM00111.jpg
    My LBS mechanic either screwed up big time or there was a problem with the fork steerer tube.
    When I got back to the shop, the fork tube was chopped off so short that it would come up to only half of the stem clamp. I asked him what happened and he said the tube was warped inside and the head tube wasn't able to fix itself in it. What the heck?? Now I have a super short tube with an overly expanded head tube that's only halfway in the steerer tube. What the f$#&??

Is there a way I can buy another of the same fork?
    Something smells off. If I was the LBS I would have called you first and shown you what the problem is. I would then give you an option of getting a new fork or hack together a solution like they have done.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast