New Ritchey Swiss Cross Cyclocross - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    shorter top tubes than..?
    Road bikes.

Ritchey Design Rep
    It depends on the manufacturer, we have them shorter than our road Breakaway frame geometry, but I can't speak for everyone.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

Tubing..

What is the frame tubing? Frame weight? i.e.: 57cm..

Thanks.. Can't wait to see one in person!!! This will be a big seller.. On top of my list for sure..
    Get this thing off my head!!!!!
    www.augustacrosscoalition.blogspot.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosovich View Post
    What is the frame tubing? Frame weight? i.e.: 57cm..

Thanks.. Can't wait to see one in person!!! This will be a big seller.. On top of my list for sure..
    Info I was given as a stocking dealer was mix of Tange and Logic tubesets picked by Tom to be used on the bikes

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by teoteoteo View Post
    Info I was given as a stocking dealer was mix of Tange and Logic tubesets picked by Tom to be used on the bikes
    That's correct, and I'm not sure about a 57 but a 55 is 5.18lbs (including fork).
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009

Ritchey swiss cross

I just got lucky and found a Ritchey swiss cross, steel frame, steel fork. I am not a great hill climber so am thinking either shimano ultegra compact with 11/34 casette and sram x9 RD. Or shimano ultegra triple with 11/27. Plan on riding in Italy and NZ next year. And there are one or two hills in both countries . As we well know :>) Any suggestions ?

John

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cankiwi6 View Post
    I just got lucky and found a Ritchey swiss cross, steel frame, steel fork. I am not a great hill climber so am thinking either shimano ultegra compact with 11/34 casette and sram x9 RD. Or shimano ultegra triple with 11/27. Plan on riding in Italy and NZ next year. And there are one or two hills in both countries . As we well know :>) Any suggestions ?

John
    John, with all the traveling, maybe you should get a Ritchey Breakaway cross frame and sell your Swiss Cross to me ;-)

I'm old, fat and slow and can't climb well either. Most hills I can get up just fine with a compact crank, but.... with a compact crank, I find I'm always cross-chained. And with an 11/34, you'll have some big jumps between gears. Therefore, I like a triple, even though it's not as cool. With the 39 in the middle, I avoid cross chaining and find the shifting is more pleasant. That's just my experience.

But give that Ritchey Breakaway Cross frame some thought.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009

Ritchey Cross

Bud.. sounds like breakaway would be a good idea. Looked at some prices online and seems the breakaway and my swiss cross are about equal value. How about yuu send me a breakaway and I'll send you the swiss cross. It's a 55cm top tube but a little large for me. I'm more about 52 or 53cm.

John

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003
    Sorry, too small for me. I need a 58-59 top tube. There's a great deal on a frame/fork, size 54 at GVH Bikes, right now.

Or, if you prefer, there's a 53 cross on ebay now too.

Go get 'em!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    Dave i look forward to them being available in the UK. Congrats on you taking the time to field questions direct from customers and answering their questions. A terrific lesson on how to interact with your buying public and one that all companies should copy.
    Cant see any details on your website at the moment. Will this be changing soon?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by alanf.1 View Post
    Dave i look forward to them being available in the UK. Congrats on you taking the time to field questions direct from customers and answering their questions. A terrific lesson on how to interact with your buying public and one that all companies should copy.
    Cant see any details on your website at the moment. Will this be changing soon?
    Thanks! It's entirely my pleasure, I just like talking about bikes and bike parts. As far as details they are up on our website now.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    Hi,
    What size do you recomend on the swiss cross? I'm 185cm and have an inner leg messure of 92cm. I have an 58 canyon and happymtb with it. Think of an 57 but the seattube is pretty short, what you think?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    Hi,
    What size do you recomend on the swiss cross? I'm 185cm and have an inner leg messure of 92cm. I have an 58 canyon and happy with it. Think of an 57 but the seattube is pretty short, what you think?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoven View Post
    Hi,
    What size do you recomend on the swiss cross? I'm 185cm and have an inner leg messure of 92cm. I have an 58 canyon and happy with it. Think of an 57 but the seattube is pretty short, what you think?
    In my view, you're between sizes. But I think the only answer you'll get from Ritchey is that you should contact your local Ritchey dealer for specific help with your sizing needs.

Blah, Blah, Blah
    I just visited the Ritchey website. Any forecast on when 49cm frames will be in stock again?
    On & Off Rhodes.com
    Bike, Hike, Run.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoven View Post
    Hi,
    Budweiser knows me well, sizing is best addressed in person with a professional fitter. I'd hate to give you advice based on limited information and have you unhappy with your purchase.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by onrhodes View Post
    I just visited the Ritchey website. Any forecast on when 49cm frames will be in stock again?
    They should be available in a few weeks. Make sure to put one on order if you want one. They'll be sold through local authorized Ritchey bike shops and Excel Sports.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks for the answers! Do you know were from I can order one when I live in Sweden? We dont have any distrubuter..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2003
    try charlie bikemonger bike shop single speed fixed wheel bicycles, a UK company and he's a great guy. Highly recommended.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Hi Dave, this may be deemed a travesty, but any plans to roll out a frame set with disc tabs??

Ritchey Design Rep
    Not a travesty at all. We're in the process of designing one. Release date is unknown though.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    Not a travesty at all. We're in the process of designing one. Release date is unknown though.
    awesome, thats the frame I want!
    It won't stop me getting the canti version next year while I wait to see if/when the disc version arrives though

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by giraffeinbath View Post
    awesome, thats the frame I want!
    It won't stop me getting the canti version next year while I wait to see if/when the disc version arrives though
    Nice! You won't be disappointed.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hate to steal Dave's thunder but the new Swiss Cross is shipping to shops.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Aww man! Thanks a lot teoteoteo.
    Dave Law

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast