New Ritchey Swiss Cross Cyclocross - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    RoadBikeReview Member
    not sure those swisscross disc frames are that tough to come by, they can be ordered at any of the available sizes. I'm considering one for my own road bike use as well, wayne, loved the frames for years and knew they had to come out with the disc version. but with the choice of only black, decided to hold off til next year and hope it comes out in something less "three years ago" in color. can't believe tom would go that direction with the color choice, but hopefully he comes to his senses! if it had been red or one of the other colors, I would've ordered by now!

I think the minutiae in BB hts has been a bit overblown, mostly by daily riders feeling the difference that we may never realize, fighting over details that may or may not be important other than clearance. the wheelbase, cockpit relative to the rider, and fit will go further in your perception as to how a road bike should "be". a friend of mine that does a LOT of cyclocross riding killed all of us last year in a local gran fondo with 7600 ft, on his older cross bike. he said before hand, "all I have is my cross bike, I'm sure I'll get through". the rider, not the bike. pick the one you like and ride it.

my sights on a ritchey SC disc----------- if the color changes from....black. tired of....black....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Winter ride
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Zawadovski View Post
    Winter ride
    Nice! I appreciate the conservative aesthetic you have going on there. Looks very fast.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Zawadovski View Post
    Winter ride
    I didn't think I'd like anything better than the red/white, but that all red may have outdone it. What are the wheels?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bud wiser View Post
    I didn't think I'd like anything better than the red/white, but that all red may have outdone it. What are the wheels?
    The wheels are Ritchey Zeta Superlogic ... Superlogic Zeta Wheels | Ritchey | Ritchey

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2008

Paint schemes and sizing

Any way to get a Swiss Cross disc frameset in the classic red-white-blue Ritchey paint scheme? Preferably from Ritchey, and without a huge up-charge.

Also, I've never had a gravel drop bar / cyclocross bike before. I typically ride a 58 road bike with a 57.5 ETT. Would I size down to their 57? Or upsize to a 59? I've ridden 57-60 over the years, but 57.5 ETT is my sweetspot for the road.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by dje31 View Post
    Any way to get a Swiss Cross disc frameset in the classic red-white-blue Ritchey paint scheme? Preferably from Ritchey, and without a huge up-charge.

Also, I've never had a gravel drop bar / cyclocross bike before. I typically ride a 58 road bike with a 57.5 ETT. Would I size down to their 57? Or upsize to a 59? I've ridden 57-60 over the years, but 57.5 ETT is my sweetspot for the road.
    It is possible to get your frame repainted, just follow this link to our website:
    FAQ'S / Ritchey - News & Blogs | Ritchey

As far as geometry is concerned, I would talk to your local shop or whomever has fit you in the past. Different positions on a bicycle (not just a gravel/cyclocross bike) are going to yield different outcomes and your fit should mirror the kind of riding you ultimately want to be doing. Also pay close attention to the bar you pick for a bike you plan on riding off pavement.
    Cheers!
    Nyk
    Ritchey Design Representative

AKA Old Man
    I have a Black SC Disc and IMHO the black looks much better in person, even a die hard red lover really like the color. Now that I have it I am glad it's not red.
    “Well, the bike racer is not that ferocious to look at, and lets face it, skeletal level of skinniness, also, the clothing is pretty odd”
    Bob Roll – 2011 Tour de France

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    Hi Ritchey_Guy & Dave,

I do have a question about the 2017 paint job of the Swiss Cross.

At the Eurobike which was held in September there was this shot taken:
    Spokemag: Eurobike 2016 - erste News und Highlights

Is this the new paint job? So there will be a white band on the downtube again? With a red Ritchey logo?

-----
    Another question:
    But about the p-29er.
    What color will it get? Black/yellow again for 2017
    Boost Standard? Or still Quick Release (which I hope)

Thank you :-)
    Last edited by Libtech; 09-20-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345