Post Pictures of Your Ritchey here
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 133
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 55x11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,065

    Post Pictures of Your Ritchey here

    This forum doesn't have "post your photos" sticky? I will start a new one.
    Here's a photo of my 2011 Ritchey Breakaway Cross:






  2. #2
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Looking good! With that setup there's nowhere you can't go. I like the idea of this thread.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 55x11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    Looking good! With that setup there's nowhere you can't go. I like the idea of this thread.
    Thanks Dave. The purchase was largely inspired by your insightful posts on RBR, I am a big fan. I have also bought 700x35 Ritchey Speedmax Cyclocross tires for some (non-technical mostly), trail riding will post photos of cross setup soon.

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 55x11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,065
    Quote Originally Posted by 55x11 View Post
    Thanks Dave. The purchase was largely inspired by your insightful posts on RBR, I am a big fan. I have also bought 700x35 Ritchey Speedmax Cyclocross tires for some (non-technical mostly), trail riding will post photos of cross setup soon.
    here's some photos of Ritchey Breakaway Cross setup with 700x35 Ritchey Speedmax tires.




  5. #5
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Very cool!
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  6. #6
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    I've got a pair of Ritchey socks and water bottle for anyone who has, and posts a picture of, a completely Ritchey'd out Breakaway.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: stinkydub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    190

    Ritchey Ti Cross Breakaway

    Here's mine - it's the largest frame (60cm) and I now use the S&S hard case - it's a big bike in a small box. I have some 32 cross max tires but for this trip I was running 25's for road riding down in Cancun. It's almost all Ritchey'd out but not quite. Has turned out to be a great travel bike - can run large tires, rear rack/fender, etc. for a variety of road (paved/unpaved) conditions, light trail and excursions. Don't have to worry about chipping/scratching paint or frame damage.
    Stinky approved
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Sweet ride Stinky! Throw on some Ritchey wheels and tires and you'd have nailed it. I'm still impressed though so if you PM me your address I'll make sure you have some socks to match your ride.

    I've got more socks to give away, anyone else?
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: stinkydub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    190
    Mr Ritchey_Dave
    Received the socks - thank-you very much!
    Stinky

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: burgrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,843
    Stinky,
    Is it difficult to fit the 60cm Breakaway in the S & S case? I have a steel 60cm Breakaway and am considering the S & S hard case. I'm still building it up, but I'd like your feedback on packing with the S & S case vs. the Ritchey soft case. Do you need to remove the fork for the softcase as well?
    Thanks, Jeff

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: stinkydub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    190

    It can be done

    Quote Originally Posted by burgrat View Post
    Stinky,
    Is it difficult to fit the 60cm Breakaway in the S & S case? I have a steel 60cm Breakaway and am considering the S & S hard case. I'm still building it up, but I'd like your feedback on packing with the S & S case vs. the Ritchey soft case. Do you need to remove the fork for the softcase as well?
    Thanks, Jeff
    Jeff
    it's no too difficult but may take some practice or different attempts at arranging everything so it all fits. I do have to dissassemble more than someone who has a smaller bike. For example, i have to take the fork off - smaller frames can keep it on - just no way around that. I also remover the chain (not necessary but i use a quick link to speed things up). I also remove the crank which is fairly simple to install and un-install (Shimano Ultegra). Not sure you have to remove the crank but it just makes packing a lot easier. Here's another photo http://forums.roadbikereview.com/rit...-122824-2.html. I searched and found several good sources for packing S&S cases - mostly the S&S website, Ritchey website and Bilinky (there's even videos on Ritchey and youtube. I will say that I like the S&S case much better 1) hard vs. soft 2) fits within the airlines 62" size requirements 3) light color on inside of case vs black which makes it easier to see and pack 4) comes with compression members to reduce damage 5) i have the old Ritchey case which has the small plastic dome that sticks out of the backside to accommodate the rear der.

    If you need more help or photos of how I've packed mine just let me know.

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    536
    Here's mine!... Sorry about the bad picture quality!...

    This baby took me all through Northern Italy and Southern France this past June... and I think she'll be going back to that area next spring as well...if I can afford it! :P
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #13
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Beautiful bike Twiggy! But you're going to have to have, at bare minimum, a full Ritchey cockpit (hmmm?) to get some socks. I still love the bike. Italy must have been a blast, I'm so jealous!
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    Beautiful bike Twiggy! But you're going to have to have, at bare minimum, a full Ritchey cockpit (hmmm?) to get some socks. I still love the bike. Italy must have been a blast, I'm so jealous!
    Thanks for the comment! I'm actually ordering a Wet White Ritchey WCS Evocurve bar for my BreakAway today! I want to replace the seatpost with a Ritchey post but I need Zero-Setback and preferably white!.... I know its not on the Ritchey site, but do you happen to know whether they've ever made any runs of the WCS Zero-Setback post in Wet White?

  15. #15
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Unfortunately we don't make the Zero Offset in white, just BB Black. We make one in carbon though, which in my opinion trumps all colors.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  16. #16
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    536

    This just in....

    ...Just arrived in the mail today!... Will post pictures once I have it installed!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #17
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: burgrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,843
    Here is my Ritchey Breakaway road (60cm). I just finished the build and I plan to break it in this weekend. It has SRAM Rival group and 105 pedals. Easton EA70 stem, bars, and seatpost for now. I plan to switch over to Ritchey WCS bars, stem, and seatpost (all in Wet Black) in the future.





  18. #18
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 55x11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,065
    Quote Originally Posted by burgrat View Post
    Here is my Ritchey Breakaway road (60cm). I just finished the build and I plan to break it in this weekend. It has SRAM Rival group and 105 pedals. Easton EA70 stem, bars, and seatpost for now. I plan to switch over to Ritchey WCS bars, stem, and seatpost (all in Wet Black) in the future
    Very, very nice! What year model frame is it?

  19. #19
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: burgrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,843
    Thanks! I think it's a 2008. I bought it last year on Ebay ("new old stock"), but I can't remember exactly what model year it is ('08 or '09). It was never built up, so it was just like new (along with the case). I paid just over $800. I was on the fence about the color, but I really like it now. I am amazed at how it rides. The fact that it is a travel bike is not distinguishable at all when riding. I love it, now I just have to start hitting my bucket list of rides.

  20. #20
    Cathedral City, CA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    903
    Photo is of the original configuration: all Centaur double...

    2016 Ritchey BreakAway (carbon)
    Full Campagnolo drivetrain - Chorus 11sp (50, 34 & 12-29)
    Zonda wheels
    Lezyne Super GPS w/Cateye speed/cadence & HR sensors
    Ritchey fork, stem, headset, bars and seatpost
    Fizik Arione VSX saddle
    Cinelli bar tape

    BeBop Pedals

  21. #21
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: 55x11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,065
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    Photo is of the original configuration: all Centaur double...

    awesome!

  22. #22
    Cathedral City, CA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by 55x11 View Post
    awesome!
    Thanks!
    2016 Ritchey BreakAway (carbon)
    Full Campagnolo drivetrain - Chorus 11sp (50, 34 & 12-29)
    Zonda wheels
    Lezyne Super GPS w/Cateye speed/cadence & HR sensors
    Ritchey fork, stem, headset, bars and seatpost
    Fizik Arione VSX saddle
    Cinelli bar tape

    BeBop Pedals

  23. #23
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    Photo is of the original configuration: all Centaur double...

    Looks great!... What size is yours??? I've got almost the same frame but white in front and black in the rear.... If you ever wanted to go all-black I'd trade you rear triangles and go all-white myself! :P haha

  24. #24
    Cathedral City, CA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
    Looks great!... What size is yours??? I've got almost the same frame but white in front and black in the rear.... If you ever wanted to go all-black I'd trade you rear triangles and go all-white myself! :P haha
    Thanks! My bike is a 56cm. Other than the Ritchey parts, I bought a new Frame and Fork had it built with a complete Campagnolo drivetrain. I suspect that makes it a pretty rare BreakAway. Actually I'm looking for a Ti/Carbon set up here in Taiwan. Seems to be uphill however...
    2016 Ritchey BreakAway (carbon)
    Full Campagnolo drivetrain - Chorus 11sp (50, 34 & 12-29)
    Zonda wheels
    Lezyne Super GPS w/Cateye speed/cadence & HR sensors
    Ritchey fork, stem, headset, bars and seatpost
    Fizik Arione VSX saddle
    Cinelli bar tape

    BeBop Pedals

  25. #25
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    Thanks! My bike is a 56cm. Other than the Ritchey parts, I bought a new Frame and Fork had it built with a complete Campagnolo drivetrain. I suspect that makes it a pretty rare BreakAway. Actually I'm looking for a Ti/Carbon set up here in Taiwan. Seems to be uphill however...
    Sweet ride! Hopefully someone at our Taiwan office is helping you out with that Ti frame. I owe you some socks for that Ritchey'd out ride. Do you have a US address I can send them to? If so PM it to me.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ritchey One-bolt post tips?
    By kytyree in forum Ritchey
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 12:20 PM
  2. weight Ritchey Pro Carbon seat post
    By FORT-Cyclist in forum Components, Wrenching
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 01:45 AM
  3. Post pictures of your wood.
    By shades9323 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 07:51 AM
  4. How do I post pictures
    By ericimper in forum Scott
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 11:39 AM
  5. How do I post Pictures in an ad???
    By t-man in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 03:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.