Ritchey Carbon Fork Pro or alpha q gs 10?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007

Ritchey Carbon Fork Pro or alpha q gs 10?

I trashed a dropout on my reynolds ouzo pro (embarassing roof rack user error story for another time). I can't get the "deal" on the reynolds any longer, but I can get one on the alpha q and the ritchey is pretty close in price. Any suggestions? Alpha q must be straight blade? Ritchey is curved (like the reynolds), does it matter? The frame is a custom (primus mootry) alum. with a carbon rear triangle. I was told "straight blade" for this setup is not a good idea. The fit was perfect (based on a pro-fit team) so I really want to match as much as possible. thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    Straight vs curved is only relevant for aesthetics. The important metric is the rake. To maintain the same handling characteristics you want a replacement fork with a rake equal to or within 1-2 mm of your original fork.

I have a GS10 and like it a lot. I particularly like the way it installs. They use an aluminum sleeve inside the carbon steerer that has a pre-installed star nut, so you use a traditional top cap instead of a compressor.

Sep 2006

Love my Carbon CS 20 Q

Have the CS 20 on my steel hardtail and like the combo, quality is top notch. I am not light and this fork is solid... Percy nailed the rest of it. Good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images