Ritchey Rep here to answer all your questions! - Page 2
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by sw3759
    thanks for posting those pics..the stuff looks great i'll be first in line to get some of those item i'm a big fan of Ritchey products and there bend ergo bars are far and away my favorite they work very well with shimano leves.i hope that bend will still be available.bringing back the silver is long overdue in my opinion i never felt that look was ever out of date it just seems it became hard to find and everything was black.
    is there a possibilty for 26mm bars/stems also instead of 31.8? thats seems pretty classic too

Scott
    Hey Scott,

Thanks for the supporting the brand and the great feedback! Yeah, we totally agree about silver; it still can make a bike look trick. 26mm, however, is unfortunately a little dated now, and we just don't get a lot of demand for it anymore. So, to answer your question, it's not likely that we'll make the bars/stems in a 26mm variation.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by NattyIce
    Dave, I've been looking to get a new set of race/training wheels and have been eyeing the WCS Zetas. There's not too much info out online. Have you ridden them? What can you tell me?
    I love questions like this. In short the WCS Zetas are just some amazingly well designed wheels that I can't rave about enough. We've seriously buckled down and put together what we think is the best alloy wheelset money can buy. If you do the research you'll see that they're lighter, stronger, and stiffer when compared to our competition. Our test riders (present company included) have also confirmed that these are some of the best feeling alloy wheels they've ridden. We've purposely priced them to get as many people to give them a try as possible.

Technical mumbo jumbo:
    Vanadium alloy is crazy light and strong, and it makes for a great breaking surface.
    Trifecta spoke lacing increases lateral rigidity and responsiveness. Plus looks sweet!
    Titanium skewers for reduced weight.

Hope you decide to try a pair out. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2009
    Dave, What's the closest thing you have to the FSA WingPro CW Compact that you can find on this page... http://www.fullspeedahead.com/fly.as...layout=product

I love these bars but I need a size 42 or 44 instead of a 40 which came on my bike. FSA measures their compact bars from the center of the bar ends, the drops flare out just a little bit, these bars are very comfortable for my smaller hands. They are aluminum wrapped in carbon, probably just for aesthetics. I like the look of Ritchey products and wondered if you had anything like this and what the price range might be. Can't afford the full carbon bars.

Thanks.
    Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady!

Look 566
    SRAM Rival compact with 12-27
    Dura Ace 7850 SL Tubeless
    Hutchinson Fusion 3
    Cobb V-Flow Plus Saddle

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Weav
    Dave, What's the closest thing you have to the FSA WingPro CW Compact that you can find on this page... http://www.fullspeedahead.com/fly.as...layout=product

I love these bars but I need a size 42 or 44 instead of a 40 which came on my bike. FSA measures their compact bars from the center of the bar ends, the drops flare out just a little bit, these bars are very comfortable for my smaller hands. They are aluminum wrapped in carbon, probably just for aesthetics. I like the look of Ritchey products and wondered if you had anything like this and what the price range might be. Can't afford the full carbon bars.

Thanks.
    In terms of similar bars you've got two choices with Ritchey: the WCS Curve and WCS EvoCurve. Both are the short reach/shallow drop type bar. The Curve being the more traditional in shape and the EvoCurve with a slight ergo top section and a little bit of a flare in the drops. Both bars come in your standard bead blast black, additionally the EvoCurve has a Wet Black and a Wet White option as well. They range from $96-$130 depending on the finish you want. I hope this helps! Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions about these bars.
    Dave Law

Trying to return....
    Jun 2005
    Hey Dave, is there any reason that Ritchey doesn't offer a zero setback seatpost?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_from_SA
    Hey Dave, is there any reason that Ritchey doesn't offer a zero setback seatpost?
    Ray,

Interesting question: 1) because we do make zero setback seatposts, and 2) because it made us realized a small error on our webpage, which would lead people to think we don't make them. We're working on fixing it, sorry for the confustion. Long story short, you can follow these links to read about both our Alloy and Carbon zero offset seatposts.

WCS Alloy 1-Bolt 0mm offset

WCS Carbon 1-Bolt 0mm offset The 0 Offset is listed as an option on this page. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the description to see a picture.
    I personally have been using this seatpost for a while now, so if you have any questions let me know.
    Dave Law

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave
    Ray,

Interesting question: 1) because we do make zero setback seatposts, and 2) because it made us realized a small error on our webpage, which would lead people to think we don't make them. We're working on fixing it, sorry for the confustion. Long story short, you can follow these links to read about both our Alloy and Carbon zero offset seatposts.

WCS Alloy 1-Bolt 0mm offset

WCS Carbon 1-Bolt 0mm offset The 0 Offset is listed as an option on this page. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the description to see a picture.
    I personally have been using this seatpost for a while now, so if you have any questions let me know.
    But what about Wet & Wild White?
    Other countries need to stop hatin' or we'll unfriend them. - Christine

Apparently I left my reading comprehension glasses in my ass. - DrRoebuck

Still, it felt great and I felt like I was sitting on some kind of vibrator -Touch0Gray

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatyPius
    But what about Wet & Wild White?
    We really haven't seen that much demand for this seatpost in a Wet & Wild White. Have you had customers asking for it? I throw the idea into the think tank here.
    Dave Law

We really haven't seen that much demand for this seatpost in a Wet & Wild White. Have you had customers asking for it? I throw the idea into the think tank here.
    Zero degree white seatposts are often asked for here at the shop.
    Other countries need to stop hatin' or we'll unfriend them. - Christine

Apparently I left my reading comprehension glasses in my ass. - DrRoebuck

Still, it felt great and I felt like I was sitting on some kind of vibrator -Touch0Gray

Trying to return....
    Jun 2005

Thanks for the reply Dave

On the question of the white finish - I know I would be interested if one was offered.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2006

BreakAway Cross Ti Build

Hello Dave,

I just got all the parts to build my BreakAway Cross Ti. It will be built with the Campagnolo Chorus 11 speed groupset. Before I start building, do you have any recommendations regarding BB cups installation on a Ti frame? Should I use Park anti-seize grease or thread the cups with only the thread lock tape factory installed by Campagnolo? Any other specific recommendations on torque or installation of other components on a Ti frame?

Many thanks!

Stef

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclostf
    Hello Dave,

I just got all the parts to build my BreakAway Cross Ti. It will be built with the Campagnolo Chorus 11 speed groupset. Before I start building, do you have any recommendations regarding BB cups installation on a Ti frame? Should I use Park anti-seize grease or thread the cups with only the thread lock tape factory installed by Campagnolo? Any other specific recommendations on torque or installation of other components on a Ti frame?

Many thanks!

Stef

Thanks for choosing a Ritchey! As far as assembly, I'd us the anti-seize on the BB cups and grease all the bolts on the frame with the same stuff, especially the seat binder. However, make sure you do not put any grease or lubricant on the downtube hinge clamp area. Other than that, general bike assembly practices apply. Be sure to post a picture of your bike when it's finished so everyone can see what they're missing out on.
    Dave Law

What the what???
    Dave,

Speaking of white...does Ritchey have a Biomax saddle in white that is 155mm? I dig the Comp Biomax and the price is definitely right. But I need something a little wider than the typical 130 or 143mm width.
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

Ritchey Design Rep
    Unfortunately, not at the moment. We've been trying out some new saddle designs and wider options is definitely a point of discussion.
    Dave Law

What the what???
    Unfortunately, not at the moment. We've been trying out some new saddle designs and wider options is definitely a point of discussion.
    On behalf of gluteus maXXXimi everywhere...I hope you do

Thanks for the quick reply.
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Alright. These Ritchey Quick Connectors for my breakaway. I don't get them. One end has a screw to hold the cable, but the other end doesn't. How do I secure the other half of the cable? I thought about just using a crimp on end piece but that doesn't really seem safe.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    Can you comment on the complaints about slipping on this seatpost: http://www.ritcheylogic.com/dyn_prodfamily.php?k=307368

Reviews: http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/co...0_2510crx.aspx

I'm in the market for a new post. I have the Specialized s-works pave, and it slips. I thought a two-bolt would be a better solution. I know the thomson is good, but I want a carbon one.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by natrab
    Alright. These Ritchey Quick Connectors for my breakaway. I don't get them. One end has a screw to hold the cable, but the other end doesn't. How do I secure the other half of the cable? I thought about just using a crimp on end piece but that doesn't really seem safe.
    Hi Natrab

Unscrew the quick connector. Pull the cable from the shifter/brake through the top end and secure it with the set screws. Cut off the excess cable. Put a new der/brake cable into the lower half (the head of the cable sits inside the connector) and reattach it to the upper portion.

Give me a call or drop me an email if you have any other questions.
    JP
    ExcelSports

Rub it............
    Just dropping in to say that I love my Ritchey cockpit components. Using the Logic II in Wet Black with the 4-Axis stem in Wet Black. The bars fit me and make the ride. Also love the fact that they are only 20 grams heavier than the Logic carbon bars and way less than half the price.
    You can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddio

I kind of wish it were legal to staple people in the face.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by teapotter
    Can you comment on the complaints about slipping on this seatpost: http://www.ritcheylogic.com/dyn_prodfamily.php?k=307368

Reviews: http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/co...0_2510crx.aspx

I'm in the market for a new post. I have the Specialized s-works pave, and it slips. I thought a two-bolt would be a better solution. I know the thomson is good, but I want a carbon one.

Short answer to the majority of slippage issues is under torquing. 16Nm is actually a pretty high torque spec and most people don't have a torque wrench and under-tighten the bolts. Hope you decide to go with a Ritchey!
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc
    Just dropping in to say that I love my Ritchey cockpit components. Using the Logic II in Wet Black with the 4-Axis stem in Wet Black. The bars fit me and make the ride. Also love the fact that they are only 20 grams heavier than the Logic carbon bars and way less than half the price.
    Thanks! We love hearing from satisfied cyclists!
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009

Silver Bar/Stem

Hi Dave. When do you think the silver parts will be available? A while back you thought October...anything more definitive at this point? The bar will have the Curve shape, right? Which stem will be silver?

Thank you,

Paul

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by allroads1
    Hi Dave. When do you think the silver parts will be available? A while back you thought October...anything more definitive at this point? The bar will have the Curve shape, right? Which stem will be silver?

Thank you,

Paul

Yes, they're still expected to arrive middle of October. The bar is the same shape as the Curve and the stem is the same as the WCS 4-Axis stem.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    hey dave,,whats the update for the new stubby,less offset in particular? I hope you can share some photos from 2010 interbike..thanks

Ritchey Design Rep
    Dave Law

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast