Ritchey Rep here to answer all your questions! - Page 3
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 878
  1. #51
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    96
    Whoever manages your twitter ignored me, so I'll try here...

    Are there plans to introduce a 17 degree version of the 4-axis 44? I love the stiffness vs the non 44 version but I want to get lower.

  2. #52
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Sorry you never heard back from our Twitter guy. At the moment we're not planning on making the 44 in a 17 degree version. So far it seems the standard 4-Axis has been sufficient for supplying the current demand of 17 degree stems.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  3. #53
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    96
    Thanks for the reply!

  4. #54
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by NattyIce
    Dave, I've been looking to get a new set of race/training wheels and have been eyeing the WCS Zetas. There's not too much info out online. Have you ridden them? What can you tell me?
    Hey NattyIce, sorry for the late reply. I must have missed this one. As far as the new Zeta wheels this video review says it best!

    Ritchey WCS Zeta video review
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  5. #55
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    74
    I'm considering some WCS Echelon pedals for my road bike. My other road bike has Look Keo's. Will they work with the same cleat?

  6. #56
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by andym
    I'm considering some WCS Echelon pedals for my road bike. My other road bike has Look Keo's. Will they work with the same cleat?
    You don't need to change out your cleats, however when using Keo cleats with the Ritchey Echelon pedals you lose a little of the float you'd have with your Keo pedals.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  7. #57
    Cycling Nut
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16

    1 Bolt Seat Cradle

    I am missing the cradle from a 1 bolt WCS alloy seat post, can you purchase just the cradle anywhere as the post is useless without it? Cheers

  8. #58
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    133

    headset spacers for "Classic" stem

    Just bought the three pieces of the new "Classic" line you offer. They give my new build the look I was after. The only issue I'm having is finding headset spacers in the same o.d. as the stem o.d. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

  9. #59
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by shudson16
    Just bought the three pieces of the new "Classic" line you offer. They give my new build the look I was after. The only issue I'm having is finding headset spacers in the same o.d. as the stem o.d. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
    Talking to different bike shops will be your best bet. Most bike shops carry our 4-Axis stems, which will have the same OD as your Classic stem. They'll have the most experience with the subtle differences of various spacers and what will look best with a 4-Axis. If you don't mind spending a little more, we've found titanium spacers tend to use a thinner wall thickness lending to a better transition between stem and spacers. Hope you get it figured out and don't forget to post a picture of your ride once it's done. Thanks for choosing Ritchey!
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  10. #60
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14
    Hey Dave
    So, this is a bit off topic but I am curious about a Ritchey product that may or may not be a secret. A few years ago I had a cup of espresso from a Ritchey machine (the old-skool type with the handle press...)...It was, quite possibly, the best espresso I have ever had. I emailed Ritchey right after to find out if they were ever going to be made available to the public. The answer was a firm maybe.
    So, I'm wondering two things...Is there a Ritchey Expresso (I think that was the name) available? If not, can you tell me who manufactured them? I still think about that espresso from time to time...so good...
    Cheers
    Jay

  11. #61
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: burgrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,843
    Hey Dave,
    I was wondering if the Breakaway colors that are shown in the Interbike link are available in the USA? They show a Black and White for the Road Breakaway that I really like. Where is that available (if UK, any online sellers?)?
    I am ready do pull the trigger on a new frame, I just am not happy with the white/teal color.

    thanks!
    Last edited by burgrat; 12-08-2010 at 03:37 PM.

  12. #62
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by kohlboto
    Hey Dave
    So, this is a bit off topic but I am curious about a Ritchey product that may or may not be a secret. A few years ago I had a cup of espresso from a Ritchey machine (the old-skool type with the handle press...)...It was, quite possibly, the best espresso I have ever had. I emailed Ritchey right after to find out if they were ever going to be made available to the public. The answer was a firm maybe.
    So, I'm wondering two things...Is there a Ritchey Expresso (I think that was the name) available? If not, can you tell me who manufactured them? I still think about that espresso from time to time...so good...
    Cheers
    Jay

    Ha! No, unfortunately there has been no work on a Ritchey Espresso machine. However, we all have a great love and passion for good espresso. We also have a lot of stickers and you may have seen our beloved Mr. Espresso with a Ritchey sticker on it. We get a our beans from a local coffee bean wholesaler. I'll have to ask around to get their name, but they're most likely the reason for the delicious taste.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  13. #63
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by burgrat
    Hey Dave,
    I was wondering if the Breakaway colors that are shown in the Interbike link are available in the USA? They show a Black and White for the Road Breakaway that I really like. Where is that available (if UK, any online sellers?)?
    I am ready do pull the trigger on a new frame, I just am not happy with the white/teal color.

    thanks!
    That color scheme probably won't be available till mid 2011. Just the Teal and White for right now.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  14. #64
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    133

    Ritchey "Classic" seatpost

    Looking for another of the new "Classic" seatpost and cannot seem to find one. I've looked high and low but there seems to be none available. Has Ritchey stopped production or shipping to distributors? I work for a bike shop and none of our suppliers (hawleys,QBP,etc) have them. Maybe no one wants to stock them now that it's almost inventory time? What's the scoop? Thanks in advance.

  15. #65
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by shudson16
    Looking for another of the new "Classic" seatpost and cannot seem to find one. I've looked high and low but there seems to be none available. Has Ritchey stopped production or shipping to distributors? I work for a bike shop and none of our suppliers (hawleys,QBP,etc) have them. Maybe no one wants to stock them now that it's almost inventory time? What's the scoop? Thanks in advance.
    Never mind............I finally got one. I figured you were probably on Christmas vacation hence no reply. That's ok. Just glad that they're still available. Thanks again.

    I just now noticed I had a PM. Tried to reply but your box is full. I appreciate the help. Thanks to you and Ritchey. It's nice to have access to a company rep. Happy New Year.
    Last edited by shudson16; 12-28-2010 at 05:34 AM.

  16. #66
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave
    Sorry you never heard back from our Twitter guy. At the moment we're not planning on making the 44 in a 17 degree version. So far it seems the standard 4-Axis has been sufficient for supplying the current demand of 17 degree stems.
    Well not to sound snarky or anything, but maybe if you made a decent (as far as stiffness is concerned) -17 stem there would be more demand. Ironically the stiffer stem is made for a LESS aggressive position. Shouldn't that be the other way around? I mean -6 degrees would be great if I was 60 and had back problems, but for serious racing, not so much.

  17. #67
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by dcl10
    Well not to sound snarky or anything, but maybe if you made a decent (as far as stiffness is concerned) -17 stem there would be more demand. Ironically the stiffer stem is made for a LESS aggressive position. Shouldn't that be the other way around? I mean -6 degrees would be great if I was 60 and had back problems, but for serious racing, not so much.

    Not snarky at all, and a good point. The 44 design is a newer model and we usually release new designs in the most popular sizes and variations first (around 85% of the stems we sell are 84/6 degree). Depending on how they take traction we expand the sizing and color options accordingly. I shouldn't have said there are no plans to make a 17 degree 44 stem. If their popularity continues there's a strong possiblity we will come out with one within the next few years.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  18. #68
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    157
    How much does that 31.6 0 offset seatpost cost?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave
    Ray,

    Interesting question: 1) because we do make zero setback seatposts, and 2) because it made us realized a small error on our webpage, which would lead people to think we don't make them. We're working on fixing it, sorry for the confustion. Long story short, you can follow these links to read about both our Alloy and Carbon zero offset seatposts.

    WCS Alloy 1-Bolt 0mm offset

    WCS Carbon 1-Bolt 0mm offset The 0 Offset is listed as an option on this page. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the description to see a picture.
    I personally have been using this seatpost for a while now, so if you have any questions let me know.

  19. #69
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by cww180
    How much does that 31.6 0 offset seatpost cost?

    They vary depending on where, and from who, you decide to buy it from. Also what finish and material you want plays a role in the cost. Our suggested retail prices are all posted on our website and you can expect something around there.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  20. #70
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    359
    Thanks for the response, and I wouldn't care if the 44 wasn't such a good stem. I had the same problem when I was sponsored by PRO, they wouldn't make a consumer version -17 stem as they thought -10 was more marketable, which I can't disagree with but to me when you have a top level component one of the benefits of the extra cost should be extra choice. PRO did make some some one off PLT's for their pro tour riders, but they wouldn't give me one so I had to use a Thomson, which is great except the 130mm, -17 weights a ton.

  21. #71
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    89

    Changing from the WSC Classic bend

    Hi Dave,
    I posted my question on the Ritchey forum thinking Id get your response not realizing it should have been posted here, so may I ask the following;
    On my Redline Conquest Team, it came kitted w WSC Classic bend bars. 2 things I dislike are the abrupt bend to the brake hoods (Ultegra 6600, 2009), I prefer a smoother transition, or flatter as some say. The other aspect is a tad too much reach. Which Ritch bar would improve the fit? Logic WSC? Shallow drop too, same as Classic is fine.
    Thanks Dave,
    Rich

  22. #72
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by RK250
    Hi Dave,
    I posted my question on the Ritchey forum thinking Id get your response not realizing it should have been posted here, so may I ask the following;
    On my Redline Conquest Team, it came kitted w WSC Classic bend bars. 2 things I dislike are the abrupt bend to the brake hoods (Ultegra 6600, 2009), I prefer a smoother transition, or flatter as some say. The other aspect is a tad too much reach. Which Ritch bar would improve the fit? Logic WSC? Shallow drop too, same as Classic is fine.
    Thanks Dave,
    Rich

    Two bars come immediately to mind: the WCS Curve and WCS EvoCurve.

    http://www.ritcheylogic.com/dyn_prodfamily.php?k=341883

    http://www.ritcheylogic.com/dyn_prodfamily.php?k=358516

    Both have a similar drop bend, the Curve is a hair shallower but both are shallower than your current bar. The Curve has a more traditional top section similar to the Classic, whereas the EvoCurve is more oval and ergonomic. Both have a more level/flat transition to the brake levers and both come in a variety of widths and finishes to best suit your needs. I think earlier in this thread I posted some pics of a co-worker's bike set up with the EvoCurves. You can see the bar to brake lever transition in one of those pics and it's pretty smooth. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  23. #73
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6

    Ritchey DS Pro Wheelset

    Hi Dave,
    I have a set of Ritchey DS Pro wheels. I have noticed that when I spin the rear wheel in my hands I can feel a lot grinding in the hub. Can you tell me what the process is for servicing the hub? Are replacement bearings available for this hub?

    Regards,
    Daniel

  24. #74
    Ritchey Design Rep
    Reputation: Ritchey_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by jdan_m_777
    Hi Dave,
    I have a set of Ritchey DS Pro wheels. I have noticed that when I spin the rear wheel in my hands I can feel a lot grinding in the hub. Can you tell me what the process is for servicing the hub? Are replacement bearings available for this hub?

    Regards,
    Daniel
    The most efficient way to handle that would be to bring it in to an authorized Ritchey dealer for assessment. If it is a warranty issue they'll be best equiped to contact our warranty department and get you up rolling as fast as possible.

    You can go to our online Dealer Locator to find a retailer near you.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

  25. #75
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6

    Re: Wheels

    Hi Dave thanks for the reply. The wheels owe me nothing I have them over 5-6 years and have plenty of miles of them. They worked very well for me over the years. They are well out of warranty at this stage, I just wanted to see if I could save them for my turbo trainer while I buy a new set of Richey’s for my road bike.

    I had a mechanic true the wheel a few weeks ago and he said the hub was sealed and that he could not access anything for servicing.

    Thanks,
    Daniel

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.