Ritchey Rep here to answer all your questions! - Page 5
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave
    Daniel,

We've had a few different verisons of that wheel. If you can send me a photo of the hub, I can most likely tell you what bearings go with it. If we have them in stock I can sell them to your bike shop. However, I can't recommend that you do it yourself for liability reasons. I'm surprised the bike shop didn't offer to help you out on that.
    Hi Dave,
    Thanks for your reply. Ya I was surprised as well. I thought it was relatively easy process to swap out sealed bearings. I have attached a few images of the hub.

Thanks,
    Daniel
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave
    Hi All!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm the spokesperson here at Ritchey Design USA and I'd like to invite anyone who has any questions or comments about our products to post them here on the Ritchey Forum. I'll do my best to respond and answer as many as I can and help you understand the vast array of bicycle components we have to offer.

Here at Ritchey we all ride and are extremely passionate and proud of everything we produce. Please don't feel shy. Let us know what you think!

Dave
    I just discovered this forum a few days ago. I just posted some design comments in the Breakaway thread intended to make the Breakaway Cross, more appealing to a larger market.

I'll do the opposite here. I was an early adopter of the beautiful Ritchey Classic stem and bars. I LOVE silver components and these are fantastic! However, the bars are 31.8, which is good. The shape of newer style bars is so much better than the Cinelli's, Deda's and 3TTTs of old. However, I've got some older bikes that only take quill stems. I'd love to use these bars, but with the ergo shape, and a 31.8 clamp, I'm shut out.

I know it's ludicrous, but please, please, please, make a silver, classic QUILL stem in a 31.8 size with a removable faceplate. I know the market is small, but I bet there are scores of guys with old Merckx's, Colnago's, Rivendells who would use these bars if they could get a stem that looked good, that would accept them. Right off, I'd buy three and two more sets of bars!

Thanks for listening!

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by jdan_m_777
    Hi Dave,
    Thanks for your reply. Ya I was surprised as well. I thought it was relatively easy process to swap out sealed bearings. I have attached a few images of the hub.

Thanks,
    Daniel
    That would be a V1 Pro Z-Hub and I believe we have bearings for that wheel in stock (Logic Sealed 6000 2RS part# 55-048-600). You can special order them from any authorized Ritchey dealer.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    Logic II Wet Red?

At the above link is the wet red Logic II bar but it doesn't seem to have the ergo bend. Can I get the wet red bar in a classic bend or is this a mistake on the website or a trick my eyes are playing on me? Both the wet black and white seem to have the ergo bend.
    Stand For Something.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterC
    Logic II Wet Red?

At the above link is the wet red Logic II bar but it doesn't seem to have the ergo bend. Can I get the wet red bar in a classic bend or is this a mistake on the website or a trick my eyes are playing on me? Both the wet black and white seem to have the ergo bend.
    Yeah, that's an incorrect image. We had our painters mock up a bar just to see how the Wet Red would look. That mock up has managed to make it's way into a bunch of pictures by mistake. We make that bar in the Logic II shape (with the ergo drops) and the EvoCurve shape (with an ergo top section but traditional short round drops). We'll have the correct image up shortly. Thanks for the heads up.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    If you guys are looking to get that wet red traditional bend out of the public eye I can think of a place you could hide it.
    Stand For Something.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007

carbon rim

Ritchey Dave, I'm looking for a 32 spoke carbon rim. Do you folks offer any options for this?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by tocoldmn
    Ritchey Dave, I'm looking for a 32 spoke carbon rim. Do you folks offer any options for this?
    hmm, I don't believe so. I'll check with our warranty guy; sometimes we have some random stuff down there.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by tocoldmn
    Sorry man, nothing here.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2009
    Hi Ritchey Rep, Can you explain the difference between the WCS Alloy 1 bolt and the WCS Alloy 2 bolt seatposts. What does one do that the other doesn't and which is the better bet, or is it all personal preference? Thanks.
    Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady!

Look 566
    SRAM Rival compact with 12-27
    Dura Ace 7850 SL Tubeless
    Hutchinson Fusion 3
    Cobb V-Flow Plus Saddle

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

Superlogic stem?

Hi Dave- can you tell me if Ritchey will be offering a Superlogic carbon stem? I just built a Parlee Z5 with the superlogic bar, seatpost and wcs 4axis UD carbon stem. Its a great setup right now, but i am admittedly a component geek and it would be cool to have the stem and bar matched up. Love the wcs, but just wondering. Thanks!

Aaron
    Denver

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Weav
    Hi Ritchey Rep, Can you explain the difference between the WCS Alloy 1 bolt and the WCS Alloy 2 bolt seatposts. What does one do that the other doesn't and which is the better bet, or is it all personal preference? Thanks.
    Good question. The 2 Bolt was Tom Ritchey's original seatpost design. It works extremely well and has been a great seller for us for years. However Tom never rests when it comes to improvement and the 1 Bolt was his answer to a higher degree of accuracy in saddle adjustment. One bolt to adjust fore, aft and angle. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Dave Law

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron in Denver
    Hi Dave- can you tell me if Ritchey will be offering a Superlogic carbon stem? I just built a Parlee Z5 with the superlogic bar, seatpost and wcs 4axis UD carbon stem. Its a great setup right now, but i am admittedly a component geek and it would be cool to have the stem and bar matched up. Love the wcs, but just wondering. Thanks!

Aaron
    Denver
    That sounds like a pretty sweet whip you have there, Aaron. At the moment we're still in the R & D phase of anything that might be worthy of the name Superlogic. It's way too early for any kind of estimated release date but to answer your question, yes, we're plan on making the ultimate stem. Thanks for choosing Ritchey and check back every once in a while as I always post new releases here first.
    Last edited by Ritchey_Dave; 03-08-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the quick reply Dave- you guys build some really great components. I'll be watching for the Superlogic stem.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Hi Dave,

I have a Ritchey WCS carbon rear wheel with a Campagnolo cassette hub. The issue I have with it is when I put a Campy cassette on it the 11 tooth sprocket rubs on the frame. It's as if the hub might have been assembled for Shimano maybe. I use it with a loose washer that I place on the otside of the axle but there must be a better solution. The wheel is about 4 years old.

Thanks

Kevin

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by wheel_suker
    Hi Dave,

I have a Ritchey WCS carbon rear wheel with a Campagnolo cassette hub. The issue I have with it is when I put a Campy cassette on it the 11 tooth sprocket rubs on the frame. It's as if the hub might have been assembled for Shimano maybe. I use it with a loose washer that I place on the otside of the axle but there must be a better solution. The wheel is about 4 years old.

Thanks

Kevin
    Hi Kevin,

Is it possible to shoot me a photo of the issue?
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Dave here are some pics. The axle is just too short. I looked at the axle and there is a thing washer which is obviously not enough. Thanks Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ritchey Design Rep
    It looks like you have the a Shimano end cap on the freehub. It's identical to the Campy one but it's 1mm shorter. I have a washer that fits underneath it that will fix the problem. Send me a PM with your address and I'll send it your way.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    PM sent, Dave thanks for providing this service. Great customer service.
    Kevin

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    Another seatpost question.

In your opinion what is the better option: the Pro Carbon or the WCS Alloy.

Is the Alloy lighter?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by CMi_rider
    Another seatpost question.

In your opinion what is the better option: the Pro Carbon or the WCS Alloy.

Is the Alloy lighter?
    They both are great posts but they excel in different areas and it all comes down to personal preference. The Pro Carbon has a carbon shaft, which is great for absorbing road vibration and slight impacts. The WCS Alloy is extremely stiff and not as good at those dampening properties because of it's alloy construction, however it is a fair amount lighter (210g vs 250g). You also have your choice of flat black, wet black, wet white and wet red finishes with the alloy variety, which can really make a bike look sweet. Also if you ride a steel or carbon frame, those dampening qualities are often times already accounted for. But say you're riding an ultra rigid alloy frame and ride pothole infested dirt roads all day, you might consider the carbon post. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    Thanks Ritchey Dave.

The website says the wet red stems are not currently available. Do you have a time frame for when those will be available?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by CMi_rider
    Thanks Ritchey Dave.

The website says the wet red stems are not currently available. Do you have a time frame for when those will be available?

They just came in! The website should reflect that now.

Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    Ritchey Dave-

Which of your bars would have a shorter reach and shallower drop than the WCS Logic II? I'm currently riding the Logic II, but after a fitting have determined that I'd be better off with something in the ballpark of a 75mm reach and 125mm drop on a 42cm wide bar. Which of your WCS alloy bars would you recommend?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Check out our new WCS Curve bars

The 42s have a 128 drop and 73 reach. They're a little more rounded in the drops than what you're currently using but most people have really liked this new shape. These bars have been a big hit with our sponsored teams and favorite around the office.

Quote Originally Posted by 1819Bags View Post
    Ritchey Dave-

Which of your bars would have a shorter reach and shallower drop than the WCS Logic II? I'm currently riding the Logic II, but after a fitting have determined that I'd be better off with something in the ballpark of a 75mm reach and 125mm drop on a 42cm wide bar. Which of your WCS alloy bars would you recommend?
    Dave Law

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast