WCS C-260 stem review - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    That's odd, PM me an address and I'll send a few replacement bolts. If it happens again, maybe check the calibration of your torque wrench.
    Awesome stuff, pm sent!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    Despite all the commented issues with the bolts, I purchased one of the stems. Installed it using a torque wrench to 4 Nm. Had no rounding on any of the 7 bolts. It feels very stiff.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012

WCS C-260 stem review

Pardon the thread revival. One of my bolts on the c260 stem got rounded during install. How do I remove it?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by vinceflynow View Post
    Pardon the thread revival. One of my bolts on the c260 stem got rounded during install. How do I remove it?
    There's a handful of ways but I think using an Easy Out screw extractor is the best. They're fairly inexpensive and good to have regardless. PM me an address and I'll send you some more bolts.
    Dave Law
    Ritchey Design Representative

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey_Dave View Post
    There's a handful of ways but I think using an Easy Out screw extractor is the best. They're fairly inexpensive and good to have regardless. PM me an address and I'll send you some more bolts.

PM Sent. Great having a Ritchey rep on this site. This service is why I built my bike with Ritchey stem and bars.

Ritchey Design Rep
    Glad I could help!

I'm sending out a set of the new Torx bolts (harder to strip). Make sure to use a Torx wrench when installing.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2013
    I have problems with the bolts of my C260 too, i have send one private message.

I hope you can help me Dave, thank you very much, torx head itīs a great news !

Ritchey Design Rep
    PM me with the address you'd like you me to send them to.

Quote Originally Posted by pakin View Post
    I have problems with the bolts of my C260 too, i have send one private message.

I hope you can help me Dave, thank you very much, torx head itīs a great news !
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    I'm thinking of getting a C260 WCS stem. I understand the new bolts on it are torx instead of a 3mm allen wrench. Is the torx size the same as what is included in the updated Ritchey Torque key that includes 4 bits?

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostic View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a C260 WCS stem. I understand the new bolts on it are torx instead of a 3mm allen wrench. Is the torx size the same as what is included in the updated Ritchey Torque key that includes 4 bits?
    Yes, a T-20 TORX bit is included in the Torque Key set.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Just received 2 sets of replacement bolts, swapped them out, they work much better.
    Thanks
    Used my torqkey btw.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2013
    Wish I had known about this thread before! I now have two C260 stems with torx bolts that are stuffed.

One of the bolts snapped today while adjusting the stem, torque wrench hadn't clicked to 4NM.

I initially ordered 3 bolts from http://www.ritchey.ch costing me $40 shipped on 12th Feb and still no sight of them. Am extremely disappointed to say the least since I now need two sets :-(

Dave

Ritchey Design Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.ris View Post
    Wish I had known about this thread before! I now have two C260 stems with torx bolts that are stuffed.

One of the bolts snapped today while adjusting the stem, torque wrench hadn't clicked to 4NM.

I initially ordered 3 bolts from http://www.ritchey.ch costing me $40 shipped on 12th Feb and still no sight of them. Am extremely disappointed to say the least since I now need two sets :-(

Dave
    Are you in the US? If so, PM me and I'll get you squared away.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2014
    Hi Dave, my torks are getting to the point of "roundness" weīre all talkin in here. Still, main issue I have and havenīt seen in here is access on handle bar to the bottom ones.
    Iīm on a 90mm. Itīs very difficult to tight them up in this size, have been using a diy solution which use a bend tool but this not the best. Is there any specific Ritchey tool for the pourpouse?

Ritchey Design Rep
    For shorter stems, after you get the bars in the right position, take the still connected stem and handlebars off the steer tube to get better access to the bottom bolts, and do the final tightening like that.
    Dave Law

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2014
    Thanks Dave, did try that must admit. The only thing is the steer tube has 3 spacers on top of handlebars plus a top which has to be all removed to puss-off the stem. regardless, I agree it's the best option for torkx bolts to survive. Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2014
    Nice to find this thread. I was going to chase larger-headed bolts, but instead will contact Ritchey for T20s....
    In the meantime I've found that a miscellaneous loose allen key in my box fit my stressed OE bolts quite nicely. A quick measurement showed this allen key to be 3.18mm...or a simple 1/8"! So before anyone else completely rounds off these small 3mm allen bolt heads try using a 1/8" allen if it squeezes in.
    Those finding the bolts heads too rounded to extract with a 3mm allen might try pushing in a 1/8" before resorting to a screw extractor, as well.
    Sometimes ya get lucky....
    Last edited by thesubaruguru; 12-11-2014 at 10:54 AM. Reason: clarity

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12